Sponsored by:

Need Exhaust Help

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2007, 04:55 PM
tstafford
Race Car

Received 1,083 Likes on 621 Posts
Default Need Exhaust Help

Is anyone who has an aftermarket exhaust willing to discuss with me? Either e-mail exhange or better yet a phone call?

I recently switched from a 997S to a TT. I had an AWE system put on the 997S and loved it. I'm now debating what to do on the TT. With so few out there it is risky and costly, just want to be informed. I can't find any good way to hear a 997TT AWE system - the stuff on their site is really bad.

Thanks.
Old 02-10-2007, 08:26 PM
AAHTT
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by tstafford
Is anyone who has an aftermarket exhaust willing to discuss with me? Either e-mail exhange or better yet a phone call?

I recently switched from a 997S to a TT. I had an AWE system put on the 997S and loved it. I'm now debating what to do on the TT. With so few out there it is risky and costly, just want to be informed. I can't find any good way to hear a 997TT AWE system - the stuff on their site is really bad.

Thanks.
I have the cargraphic loud export version and l love it. If you are undecided and want more info, pm me.
Old 02-11-2007, 02:31 AM
TT Surgeon
Race Director

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

There is a thread on 6speed that gives a link to all the different exhaust options , here is my list;
Fabspeed quiet
awe
cg
fvd
9ff
miltek
Old 02-11-2007, 03:28 AM
2k7997tt
Advanced

I based my decision on Steven's (PorschePhD) endorsement of Fabspeed. He is a knowledgeable guy and I trust his opinion on exhausts.

I went with Fabspeed and I am very happy. My goal was to improve performance and not necessarily change the sound of the car. Performance is definitely enhanced. With the windows up, I don't hear much of a difference with regular cruising. When I step on it and the windows are up, I hear a little more of a throaty, aggressive response. With the windows down and the throttle pinned, it sounds like Formula One...nothing quiet about it. This is acceptable to me because I won't be pinning it in populated areas where the noise will be considered a nuisance.

Hope this helps.
Old 02-12-2007, 12:22 PM
gmoney99
Instructor

www.europeanspeed.com

click on exhausts link.
Old 02-12-2007, 06:58 PM
Tioga120
Racer

Received 42 Likes on 27 Posts

Thanks.
tstafford,

I had a 997S with PSE

Now I have a 997TT with AWE (Love it)

PM me for my # and i will be more than happy to answer/help out in any way.
Old 02-12-2007, 07:44 PM
E55AMG
Rennlist Member

Received 644 Likes on 326 Posts

Originally Posted by N2it
tstafford,

I had a 997S with PSE

Now I have a 997TT with AWE (Love it)

PM me for my # and i will be more than happy to answer/help out in any way.
Can you compare your S sound to TT?
Old 02-12-2007, 08:48 PM
eclou
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1,165 Likes on 574 Posts

AWE at full tilt

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...753&pr=goog-sl
Old 02-12-2007, 08:59 PM
raclaims
Rennlist Member

Received 313 Likes on 166 Posts

Honestly I am not sure why everyone is so quick to spend so much money swapping out the exhaust...it's only been a few days but it sounds terrific. It's loud at the right times and quiet at the right times.

I drove one with some type of aftermarket exhaust (dealer did not know what brand) and it was so loud that it was unenjoyable. The resonance in the cabin was fun for about 5 minutes until I couldn't take it anymore.

I like my music loud and my cars loud...I played the drums my whole life and even lost some hearing due to all the gigs I have played...but the stock exhaust in my opinion is perfect. Just my 2 cents...
Old 02-13-2007, 01:07 AM
Tioga120
Racer

Originally Posted by raclaims
Honestly I am not sure why everyone is so quick to spend so much money swapping out the exhaust...it's only been a few days but it sounds terrific. It's loud at the right times and quiet at the right times.

I drove one with some type of aftermarket exhaust (dealer did not know what brand) and it was so loud that it was unenjoyable. The resonance in the cabin was fun for about 5 minutes until I couldn't take it anymore.

I like my music loud and my cars loud...I played the drums my whole life and even lost some hearing due to all the gigs I have played...but the stock exhaust in my opinion is perfect. Just my 2 cents...
I like loud music and exhaust music also...however, give it time and the mod monster will bite you! He will find you you know
Old 02-13-2007, 01:46 AM
Tioga120
Racer

Originally Posted by E55AMG
Can you compare your S sound to TT?
E55AMG,

Wow OK but this might sound dumb!

Dam this is hard. (This is my .02c's)

PSE: Sweet as apple pie. Perfect note for the C2's. Switchable and not over powering. No drone. Absolute right sound for my first somewhat exhaust upgrade. Crispy, snappy and always predictable note.

AWE: Manly but not over manly. Deeper growl at specific RPM's, then you hear the tubos singing through the gear changes. Maintains the classic note through the gears but can give you goose bumps with a tap of the pedal. Let's one know when pulling up next too, that this is a serious car. I feel more in-contact with the mechanics of car through the better exhaust.

How dumb was that? There are allot of great exhausts on the market, you just have to hear both of them because it is so personal.
Old 02-13-2007, 02:04 AM
turbojohn
Instructor

Default Why hesitation

Thanks.

If you were happy with AWE with 997s and loved it......you gotta have the same experience with the tt....I see no reason for hesitation. To me they sound the best of the 4-5 shown on www.6speedonline.com At least they don't have the hotrod old 6-cyl sound.
Old 02-13-2007, 09:34 AM
raclaims
Rennlist Member

Received 313 Likes on 166 Posts

Originally Posted by N2it
I like loud music and exhaust music also...however, give it time and the mod monster will bite you! He will find you you know
Well it didn't take too long for you guys to figure me out!
Old 02-13-2007, 11:20 PM
Tioga120
Racer

Originally Posted by raclaims
Well it didn't take too long for you guys to figure me out!
Bravo! So where do you begin! Wheels, exhaust, flash... Tell us-tell us?
Old 02-14-2007, 12:25 AM
PorschePhD
Rennlist Lifetime Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I don't make the exhaust so I can pick and choose who I think best fits my needs and my car. Fabspeed was it and continues to be. Sounds like a Porsche should sound. There are three levels of sound to choose from and tips that actually look good on the car! You can't ask for more than that!

Quick Reply: Need Exhaust Help