Sponsored by:

3M clear bra removed & replaced w/ VentureShield

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2007, 07:34 PM
mastiffdog
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Premier
Great pics. Yes, Venture is clearer than 3M and Avery, but it does not mean they are inferior at all. What's most important is the installers' experience and skill that will make or break a film project.
And while Sam is biased, he is 100% correct. Sam installed my bra and the installation is the key factor with these film jobs. More importantly is the service and integrity of the installer AFTER you pay them for the job. This is where Sam and Premier shine brightly above the rest.
Old 01-25-2007, 07:09 AM
photonscience
Instructor

Received 122 Likes on 47 Posts
Default amazing look Jason, but...

the company installing my clear bra insisted that the car only needed protection partially up the hood - wrong! With 8Kmiles on the car I have some stone nicks in the paint in that top 2/3's of the hood closest to the windshield.

Looks like you didn't cover the whole hood, either - I'd go back and have them do so

of course, everyone know that NJ road crap is the worst - maybe you'll luck out.

Old 01-25-2007, 07:16 AM
photonscience
Instructor

Received 122 Likes on 47 Posts
Default Mr. Raclaims

You may not like condoms, but they do protect.

You are going to be one very unhappy dude when you see what Rts 78, 287 and 80 do to your black, soft Porsche paint. On a black car every stone hit shows up as white. After 6 months of highway driving, if you are at all interested in how your car looks, I'll bet you won't be thrilled

As a fellow Bergen county resident with a black 997tt, I urge you to put a condom on your car.
Old 01-25-2007, 09:14 AM
raclaims
Rennlist Member

Received 314 Likes on 167 Posts

photon...I hear what you are saying but I had a black cab for 3.5 years driving the NJ turnpike over 50 miles each way to work...yes I got some small chips but I really...really hate condoms! How much of your car did you get covered in rubber?
Old 01-25-2007, 09:17 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,813 Likes on 2,382 Posts

sam,

i think your email acct kicks my email to trash. pls email me at whitedot88 at yahoo.com at your earliest convenience.

john h
Old 01-25-2007, 09:31 AM
Premier
Addict
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 92 Likes on 51 Posts

Good morning rennlisters. (John, sent you a pm). What is also important is to not rely on pictures that are taken from afar as first it doesn't show imperfections and also the seams. The best way to go about searching for a clear bra installer is to see it in the flesh. With that said, it is certainly an option to some who choose to go with full panel coverage. Here are some snaps of a MC12 with the full body wrapped
Attached Images     
Spectra PhotoSync IRD - Highest heat blocking window film in industry
Authorized Modesta and Nanolex Dealer

Checkout our Youtube Channel!
Premier's Youtube

B: 510-623-1308
42630 Christy St, Fremont, CA 94538
sales@premiermobilegroup.com
http://www.facebook.com/premierprotectivefilms

Old 01-25-2007, 09:39 AM
Premier
Addict
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Here are some snaps of the Turbo / GT3 (997) with close up pics. On the Turbo, the full quarter of the car is done along with the full doors & rocker panels - full custom. Mirrors are done in one piece as well. Although most would not want such extensive coverage, these are examples to show the possibilities of precision film laying.
Attached Images       
Old 01-25-2007, 09:41 AM
Premier
Addict
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

by the way, there is film where the headlamp washers are located. The bumper is also done in one piece - headlamps, fogs, signals, tow hook removed with film tucked and hidden wherever possible.
Old 01-25-2007, 09:44 AM
atomic80
Pro

Received 12 Likes on 3 Posts

Wow! I went away for a day and came back to this....I didn't expect you guys to compare my new clear bra to condoms, etc. Well, you could say that I have both a "matrix" and plastic based condom on my car now.

gmoney, believe me, I'm just as much a skeptic as you are when it comes to anything that has the word "permanent" in it but I figure that I'd give it a try. Can't hurt, right? It does come with a lifetime warranty after all. I can still wax/polish the car even though its not necessary. The "permanent" coating would only come off if I were to use compound polish.

I heard about Premier through a few friends but unfortunately they're not up here otherwise I'd have them do my car. Metro did a great job on the bra and I couldn't be more pleased with their job. There is however a visibly thin series of horizontal lines that seems to go across the clear bra material that's visible under fluorescent lighting. I don't recall seeing that on the 3M finish. Its not bad at all and the overall clarity is MUCH better than the 3M material. I was a little surprised to find out that the 3M material has clear coating whereas VentureShield does not. I never knew that!

I still have the 3M material on my silver Range Rover and its pretty obvious that its yellowing after about 2 years of ownership. I also saw a silver CLS500 at Metro and again the 3M material was yellowing too. I've always put on clear bras on all my cars because I do believe that they work in keeping the front end looking good after years of ownership.

One day I might try the clear coating option but right now I'm happy with the clear bra.
Old 01-25-2007, 09:52 AM
Premier
Addict
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

atomic80 your car looks awesome and hope you enjoy her as much as we will when ours will be arriving in the summertime. Venture is one of the clearest films on the market and actually has 2 versions - coated and non-coated. Their coated film has been tested by us for approximately 2 months prior to release and we put it to some pretty extensive abuse. They get our thumbs up; however, for those looking into ppf, be sure to keep the installer in mind. We honestly cannot stress this enough as we see on a weekly basis, damage occurring from inexperienced installers using a blade on the car. Now, this is not happening withjust bulk / custom installers. We are seeing most coming from precut installations. Do your part and research into a company. There are plenty of guys in thenation who could perform exceptional work...it just takes a little time to find them.

atomic80, have fun with her!!
Old 01-25-2007, 09:55 AM
Premier
Addict
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Armor coating, is a permanent application (the spray on application), so keep this in mind because the only way to remove it is to sand everything off at which time the factory paint has to go as well. Although paint protection film is not perfect there are varying degrees of visibility. When the entire panel is covered, it is very difficult to locate unless you are looking beyong the edge where the film is wrapped to find the seam. PPF can be removed w/o hurting OE paint.
Old 01-29-2007, 11:30 PM
emmros
Instructor

Sam, when you get a chance, caan you give me a ring? I just pmed you here because it looks like your email is full and my emails are bouncing back. I'll be taking delivery of a SG Turbo in early Feb. I want the whole thing done, so pm me when you get around to it. I want to truck it to you before driving it at all. btw, all of my babies in the stable are looking awesome. You guys are the best!
Old 01-29-2007, 11:53 PM
PogueMoHone
Addict
Rennlist Member

So if you have a scuff/blemish, (that's why we put it on) on

1. 3M scotchgard or
2. Venture Shield or
3. Avery

Which is easier to repair? (Ask for a demo on each to see for yourself, you may have to try different installers to do the test) 3M!

Which product is most likely to move after installation? (Avery)

Which product has the the tightest manufacturing tolerances (i.e. clean room) 3M

Which product is cheapest, (wholesale) Ventureshield

When you can answer all the above questions you'll be comfortably able to decide what to put on your car.

Based on my actual live results (Venture versus 3M) I'm sticking with 3M though your opinion may vary. It probably takes longer and more care (skill) to put on the the 3M but the results for my money are worth it.
Old 01-30-2007, 01:07 AM
allegretto
Nordschleife Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey Atomic, love the Yellow Heads with the blue. Which shade is that?

I'm looking at pic 2,3 &9. They all have a very different "smiley" face. Did you takes these pics with that in mind? Kinda neat really.
Old 01-30-2007, 01:38 AM
atomic80
Pro

Received 12 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm sorry you lost me...yellow heads?

Ha...the smiley faces just turned out that way. I didn't do these on purpose. The distortion is a result of the wide angled fisheye lenses.

Quick Reply: 3M clear bra removed & replaced w/ VentureShield