Sponsored by:

Best Motoring - 997TT Clips

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2006, 01:15 PM
Coochas
Rennlist Member

Received 396 Likes on 204 Posts
Default Best Motoring - 997TT Clips

Posted in the 997 forum as well (since that's where I 'live').

I was feeling a bit global today so I put together two recent clips featuring the 997TT from the superb Japanese TV show, Best Motoring. These episodes are from Nov 2006 and Jan 2007 – yes, they are recent. I guess they date things like car magazines do – which I think are putting out their May 2008 publications right about now.

Alas, I digress.

These clips are in Japanese without subtitles. Many of you are familiar with Best Motoring International which has an English sound track and subtitles for the drivers. These ‘modified’ episodes will appear in due time,….and I’ll be waiting!

The first clip is the Nov 2006 show which featured a full test of the 997TT outfitted with a Tiptronic. While I can’t understand Japanese, I can appreciate the sounds the car makes and the driver’s efforts. There are some great shots of the footwork from the cockpit which I find interesting as there are not many Tiptronic ‘foot’ videos out there. They also did comparison laps with PASM/PSM/Sport – the laps were 2/10 s faster with PASM ON, PSM OFF, and Sport ON. Laps were about 1:05 for comparison.

The second clip is from the 0-200m and 0-400 m (0.2485 mile) “SUPER BATTLE.” This is an excerpt featuring the 997TT, Z06, NSX and Evo which were the ‘finalists.’ Other runner up cars included the Gallardo, RS4, some big *** Cadillac. For comparison there is a drag race between the Z06 and Hayabusa 1300 the outcome of which is easy to predict! I won’t spoil the winner of the cars.

Please follow this link to my site: http://coochas.com/porsche/911vids.html#997TT-BMI
The vid links will be at the top of this page. Please note that these files are 20 and 9 MB respectively. I have plenty of bandwidth but if the vids disappear, it means that I am making efforts to compress them even more!!!!!!

ENJOY!!!!
Old 12-16-2006, 01:23 PM
camboinc
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

mmmmmmm..... turbo... thanks for sharing!
Old 12-17-2006, 12:24 AM
raclaims
Rennlist Member

Received 313 Likes on 166 Posts

Awesome vids as usual Coochas...but are you going out of your way to torture me!?
Old 12-17-2006, 12:40 PM
docjackson1
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by raclaims
Awesome vids as usual Coochas...but are you going out of your way to torture me!?
claims-you have a pm
Old 12-17-2006, 04:28 PM
Zipgun
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Those episodes for the most part wont be coming to the US as they are from the Best Motoring Japan month/bi month episodes, not the same as the best motoring international dvds which zig zag aisa translates and distributes here in the states. Just going to have to wait until they make carrera invasion 2 etc..

Agreed tho great vids, the drag race bit and their( esp tsuchiya ) witty comments. Even without subs its pretty funny, but then again I can understand japanese

Quick Reply: Best Motoring - 997TT Clips