Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PCM Sat radio install

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2007, 10:46 PM
Carcam
Rennlist Member

Received 237 Likes on 97 Posts

I got the same unit from Stephen and love it. Sounds great and reception is perfect unless totally tree-lined street.
Old 11-18-2007, 09:27 AM
Terry Adams
Rennlist Member

Received 894 Likes on 536 Posts

I got the unit from Stephen last week and installed it in my son's '07 997 TT yesterday. I rate this DIY difficulty a 5, where my skills are a 3 and my son's a 10. Install took about 3 hours, but I could do it in 2 next time.

Reception is as good as my factory MB and Lexus, both of which have the shark fin roof antenna. He loves it. I ordered another one for my incoming (12-20) '08 TT.
Old 11-18-2007, 08:29 PM
seanadams
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Works great... 100% recommended, and all parts of the kit are well made. The included wiring assembly is the same quality as factory-made.

If you don't want to DIY, this would be no problem at all for any car stereo shop. They know their way around all of this stuff. The worst thing that could go wrong would be to break a plastic clip or something - i.e. no big deal. There are no complicated electrical connections (no crimping, splicing etc) - everything is plug and play.

The thing that took us some time was that it is not obvious how to remove some of the panels in the trunk. About half the time was spent figuring out how to remove them, so it would go much faster the second time around.

A few tips:

- The two plastic "buttons" that hold down the cowl are easy to remove, but only with the right tool. I made a makeshift tool by bending a strip of metal into a L shape and then cutting a notch out of the end to make kind of a two-pronged fork at the tip. Reach down, slide it under the top of the button, and then pull up to release. Without such a tool you would probably need to remove the battery in order to get at them.

- The luggage hook, or whatever that thing is, is removed by striking it from the left hand side with a fair amount of force. This was not obvious at all, since it doesn't budge by hand and there are no visible fasteners.

- If you have the factory CD changer (which I did) you will need to unmount the amplifier in order to get to its mounting screws. This is done by lifting the plastic retaining bar that goes across the top of the amp an the nav dvd. Then pry off the long metal clip that secures the top of the amp.

- Make sure you get the right kit. Dad's TT is (er.. will be) a non-CD, and although he ordered the non-CD kit, it came with a wiring harness that had all the correct connectors for a CD changer. This was fortunate for me, since my car does have the changer. However, it is not clear how we would have installed it otherwise... since the optical connectors need to form an uninterrupted ring, you have to have the correct cable assembly.
Old 12-11-2007, 03:20 PM
997C4CAB
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Any recommendations on where to get this done in the LA area? I want it integrated with my PCM system if possible.

Thanks for your help.
Old 12-11-2007, 04:44 PM
Terry Adams
Rennlist Member

Received 894 Likes on 536 Posts

The kit Stephen sells integrates by default with the PCM. Piece of cake for an installer.
Old 07-15-2009, 06:18 AM
neun11
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have tried the same installation, and everything fits as described here, however I am not able to access the XM tuner from the radio. I am pressing either the FM or AM button to cycle but I do not get it to display or activate. If I press TRIP/MAIN, I can see that the PCM lists the Sat Radio as FOUND and ENTERED. I have PCM ver 2.1 with no phone button.

Any suggestions/Help?
Old 06-28-2010, 11:55 PM
Musclehedz101
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I see several mentions of a "Kit"?? Does anyone have any information on what this "kit" is and where to order?

I have a 2007 997 C4S (Cab) with:
* PCM 2.1
* Denision Ipod Integration
* CD Changer (Retention via Denison)
* Nav

Also is there a Sirius kit vs XM or only XM??
Old 06-30-2010, 04:19 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Post # 16 here:
https://rennlist.com/forums/997-foru...c4s-cab-2.html

(no, PAG wasn't very happy when "someone" let the cat out the bag regarding installing the Cayenne sat kit into the Carreras (when there were no Carrera Sat options)...they sold out of kits worldwide in a matter of weeks and couldn't figure out why).
Old 06-30-2010, 04:37 PM
Musclehedz101
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ltc
Post # 16 here:
https://rennlist.com/forums/997-foru...c4s-cab-2.html

(no, PAG wasn't very happy when "someone" let the cat out the bag regarding installing the Cayenne sat kit into the Carreras (when there were no Carrera Sat options)...they sold out of kits worldwide in a matter of weeks and couldn't figure out why).
Funny, you would think the "bean counters" at PAG would catch on and reopen supply to drive stock! <lol>

Quick Reply: PCM Sat radio install