Notices
997 Turbo Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The 93 octane testing of the new G.I.A.C. 997TT software is complete.

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2006, 11:20 AM
Mike/A.W.E.
user

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default The 93 octane testing of the new G.I.A.C. 997TT software is complete.

Our initial comments about the performance of this car were not too stellar. We felt the turbos were not all they were cracked up to be and the the power was a bit flat.

We picked up some need sound by adding our AWE Tuning exhaust. The decreased back pressure and higher flowing cats picked up a respectable +20hp gain. The spool time was reduced and the car now felt a bit more alive. We began to think there might be some hope.

These new VTG turbos real finicky. As you have read in other posts EGT's and proper cooling are critical with this car. But once again, G.I.A.C.'s superior knowledge of Motronic and Garrett Lim's understanding of the internal combustion engine, they have breathed new life into Porsche's premier 911.

The power delivery is linear and does not stop until redline. Throttle response is brisk and free of any hesitation. Trust me when I tell you this is a completely different car! Stab the throttle in any gear and the car explodes. Finally!

Since AWE Tuning resides on the East Coast, we do the majority of 93 octane testing for G.I.A.C. We have spent many long days and nights on the dyno collecting critical data for clients in 93 octane states.

The difference a few moe octane points can do is rather amazing.

Here is the breakdown:

+31 crank hp and +33 crank tq in stock boost mode when used with stock muffler

+54 crank hp and +65 crank tq in stock boost mode when used with AWE Tuning muffler

+58 crank hp and +45 crank tq in sport boost mode when used with stock muffler

+80 crank hp and +78 crank tq in sport boost mode when used with AWE Tuning muffler

Here are some dyno plots to further explain our results.

Keep in mind that all data was collected using our 2007 997TT 6 speed, with controlled ambient conditions. Each test is the average of 3 runs performed. Like G.I.A.C., we use a Mustang MD-500-SE AWD chassis dynamometer.

We have dyno breakdowns of each mode. (standard and overboost)

Standard:

Overboost:

As you can see, we achieved a staggering 510 wheel horsepower with just a software and exhaust upgrade!

To put into perspective as to how amazing this is, here is a dyno plot of our old 996TT with Stage 3 K24 upgrade. We have the stock #'s as well as after with the turbo kit. Our best # that our car put down was 503 to the wheels!

Needless to say we are all very excited about the results. G.I.A.C. has once again outdone themselves.

We were glad to be part of the testing phase. If anyone has specific questions, please feel free to email me.

Mike@AWE-Tuning.com

Please visit our website for further details. Cick here
Old 12-04-2006, 11:34 AM
eclou
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1,224 Likes on 599 Posts

Stellar results! Planning on doing any package deals?
Old 12-04-2006, 11:57 AM
Mike/A.W.E.
user

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by eclou
Stellar results! Planning on doing any package deals?
Please email me.

mike@awe-tuning.com
Old 12-04-2006, 01:33 PM
Tms951
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is boost ever higher with the chip?
Old 12-05-2006, 02:20 PM
Woodster
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

of course

Quick Reply: The 93 octane testing of the new G.I.A.C. 997TT software is complete.