Sponsored by:

Passed on the Ruf CTR 2 Sport

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2006, 01:20 PM
craigsduc
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Passed on the Ruf CTR 2 Sport

Recently visited Ruf Dallas to decide on their 98 CTR 2 Sport. I was impressed not only by the car but the entire Ruf group/ The car was incredibly impressive.....................especially the 4 wheel burnout/launch/explosive drive. Anyone out there considering one should definitely see the car. It was like new and 10 times better looking in person than the fotos show. Unfortunately, the car was jist not right for me,so I passed on the car and am keeping my order in place for the first GT3 RS my local dealer gets next year. I have also bought a GT silver/Natural Grey 07 TT 6 spd I found in Florida to enjoy while waiting for the RS to arrive. Had the Arctic/Nat Grey GT2 but needed a back seat and refused to cut one in due to liabilty/safety issues. Thought of getting the CTR and having a rear seat installed but saw it was a stupid idea as the car should be left alone. Its funny but for about the same amount of money, I can have the TT AND the RS. were memorable. Interested in comments on the GT silverNat Grey (blk?) color combo as................I hate to admit....................I have not seen the TT in person yet. Will post pics / impressions when it arrives. In the meantime, we are flying out next week to pick it up in Florida and take the little one to Epcot/Disney World for a mini vacation. When we leave to come home, the truck is picking it up to come home.
Old 11-07-2006, 12:47 PM
LAT
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I can concur with your admiration of the CTR-2, I have had mine for about 2.5 years and continue to be impressed with the overall performance. The other side of the car that does not often get attention however is how nice it is to drive, quiet, stable and structurally solid due to the roll cage. I was in a 996TT this summer that was 3 years old and was amazed at how it squawked driving to park in field compared to the Ruf.

Mine has 4 seats and is a great touring car.
Old 12-05-2006, 04:49 PM
tenzing
1st Gear

Hi LAT,
I am curious how you were able to import a Ruf VIN into Canada.
I am interested in buying a Ruf could you contact me at
iga7571 'at' rogers' dot' com
I am not able to PM you thru Rennlist.
thanks,
Tenzin
Old 12-05-2006, 05:29 PM
JFScheck
Addict
Rennlist Member

Now that is a NICE car!!!

Quick Reply: Passed on the Ruf CTR 2 Sport