Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I'm Comin' Clean ...don't ban me ...

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2006, 02:43 AM
atomic80
Pro

Received 12 Likes on 3 Posts

Same here! I have a buyer for my Turbo and I don't even have it yet!!!
Old 10-02-2006, 03:54 PM
MHC2S
Rennlist Member

Received 30 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by mastiffdog
Its so funny you say this. I have people on a waiting list for my "used" cars!
I can see that one. Anyone that buys a car from you Mastiff gets a very clean well taken care of car.
Old 10-02-2006, 06:00 PM
NiteJav
Burning Brakes

Received 299 Likes on 176 Posts

I would suggest removing the GM badge from doors sill. Little bit of dental floss and goo-be-gone and you're all set. Otherwise sweet ride(s). I did that recently to a friend of mine's 07 vette and looks a lot better and a lot cleaner as well.
Old 10-02-2006, 08:45 PM
Ken89911T
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Mastiff,

Congrats on the new(est) acquisition. Now, if you would kindly buy a Gallardo and an F430, we can really get an objective comparison of the most compared cars in recent history!

By the way, why clay a brand new car ? I just picked up my new turbo Saturday and got rained on all the way home. I'm going to detail it next weekend, but I won't even come close to the pampering you provide. I guess you like the Zymol stuff, but is it really worth the price (that Concours wax is over $130 for 8 oz. )

Good luck with your babies, but please, get out and drive 'em!
Old 10-03-2006, 10:03 AM
mastiffdog
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Ken89911T
Mastiff,

Congrats on the new(est) acquisition. Now, if you would kindly buy a Gallardo and an F430, we can really get an objective comparison of the most compared cars in recent history!

By the way, why clay a brand new car ? I just picked up my new turbo Saturday and got rained on all the way home. I'm going to detail it next weekend, but I won't even come close to the pampering you provide. I guess you like the Zymol stuff, but is it really worth the price (that Concours wax is over $130 for 8 oz. )

Good luck with your babies, but please, get out and drive 'em!
Thanks Ken, but I think the real role models here are "Magwheel" or "Amir"- those guys are the forum members who have the real goods in their garages.

You are probably correct on the claying, it was likely an extra step I could have done without, but I took the extra time anyway, I figured it couldn't hurt. The claying familiarizes me with the paint and I learn where any problems exist. I found some adhesives and other minor contamination when I clayed it.

As far as the Zymol, the quality of the product is very good. Some swear by it, some think it is overpriced, like anything else. Frankly, OneGrand makes a product called Blitz Wax, an excellent product priced at +/-$20 for a tin of the wax.

All of these detail products are very subjective and everyone seems to have a different opinion on which is better. It gets real crazy when you start talking Zaino and some of the other "system" type products.

Congratulations on your new turbo - pictures? For me, part of the pleasure of owning the car is keeping it looking nice. Cars are expensive things, and we all work hard to have them. I like to take good care of all of them.

Once you prep your car properly, maintaining it is fairly easy. Take your time, bond with the car (group hug?), get her shiney, then go drive it!
Old 10-03-2006, 10:56 AM
allegretto
Nordschleife Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Claying a new car is a great idea. They are shipped under foul conditions and stay in dirty ports and harbors.

Bedides, I think one should bond to their car and nothing beats getting intimate with it like a clayjob.
Old 11-15-2006, 12:51 PM
speedracr
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default no worries Mastiffdog

Wow what a stable you have now! Great addition to the fleet! Be fun to put the Corvette to its paces and see how it compares to the TT Wow you can have 2 of them for the TT price! LOL