Sponsored by:

I'm Comin' Clean ...don't ban me ...

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2006, 03:14 AM
mastiffdog
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by turbo187
no stoning here. it'll be interesting to hear your thoughts on it compared to the tt!
I am not a track or speed guy. So I will likely be "Useless S. Grant" when it comes to providing you guys the technical differences or comparisons. I tend to have a "collecting" mentality and do some casual Sunday driving. I treat my cars like garage queens and take pride in how well organized my cabinet of detailing products is.

They may be depreciating assets, but I have a tremendous appreciation for how hard it is to earn the money to buy them, so I take very good care of the cars.

What I will do is give you some general driving impressions and quality commentary if you will put up with me. I can be objective. Always remember that the 997TT is $153K OTD (in California) and the Z06 is $83K OTD (in California), and those are real world numbers (ask me how I know!). So any discussions about quality and the like must be kept in perspective, as one of these cars is almost twice the dough.

Give me a month, and I'll be back with the rest of the story...
Old 09-09-2006, 03:28 AM
docjackson1
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i know kerbeck's dealership well-i live in nj. i have an airplane and i fly to atlantic city every couple of months. the dealership is literaly a wall of vettes. their prices seem to always be the lowest and their selection and inventory is incredible. i volunteer to drive the car to you.
Old 09-09-2006, 03:39 AM
docjackson1
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by mastiffdog
I am not a track or speed guy. So I will likely be "Useless S. Grant" when it comes to providing you guys the technical differences or comparisons. I tend to have a "collecting" mentality and do some casual Sunday driving. I treat my cars like garage queens and take pride in how well organized my cabinet of detailing products is.

They may be depreciating assets, but I have a tremendous appreciation for how hard it is to earn the money to buy them, so I take very good care of the cars.

What I will do is give you some general driving impressions and quality commentary if you will put up with me. I can be objective. Always remember that the 997TT is $153K OTD (in California) and the Z06 is $83K OTD (in California), and those are real world numbers (ask me how I know!). So any discussions about quality and the like must be kept in perspective, as one of these cars is almost twice the dough.

Give me a month, and I'll be back with the rest of the story...

you are right-i have driven a c6 vette, i presently have an 06 c4s, have had an 03 tt, and in 2 months get my red 997tt. there is no comparison between the vette and the porsche as far as build quality, ride, satisfaction of owning, etc. but you are right-the z06 is half the price and the same performance. i wish i could also have both. you have good taste-the e55 is also a gem.
Old 09-09-2006, 03:41 AM
mastiffdog
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by docjackson1
i know kerbeck's dealership well-i live in nj. i have an airplane and i fly to atlantic city every couple of months. the dealership is literaly a wall of vettes. their prices seem to always be the lowest and their selection and inventory is incredible. i volunteer to drive the car to you.
You fly too? So do I, just got certified on the Garmin 1000 glass T182T, been instrument rated for about 6 years. Used to fly on analog gauges, the glass panel is awesome! Funny thing is that I find a lot of car people also are pilots...
Old 09-09-2006, 03:54 AM
docjackson1
Three Wheelin'

dog-i have a 1 year old t182 with a g1000-i have about 3000 hrs and have flown for 16 years-i have had multis, 210's, have flown sr22's. aerostars, etc. my plane just came out of annual yesterday. i love that g1000-great for imc.
Old 09-09-2006, 03:56 AM
docjackson1
Three Wheelin'

did you buy the king cd on the g1000?
Old 09-09-2006, 04:33 AM
mastiffdog
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by docjackson1
did you buy the king cd on the g1000?
I did. And then I returned it. There wasn't enough in depth IFR stuff on it. Even though the King's are kind of corny, they did a fairly decent job, problem is that it was too basic.

I took Cessna's course CFITS and earned the certificate. Mine is an 04 T182T, just did my annual in March! Get Max Trescott's book on the G1000, it is the best reference out there today. I flew with Max in June up in the San Jose area and he is very knowledegable.

Whoops...going way here. Please PM for more A/C stuff!
Old 09-09-2006, 05:59 AM
MoeMistry
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 734 Likes on 388 Posts

CONGRATS Mastiff!!! You pulled the trigger. Let us know how it compares to the TT.
Old 09-09-2006, 06:31 AM
robsc
Intermediate

Congrats on the new Z06!! Now you'll have a 985+ hp garage!!
Old 09-09-2006, 08:24 AM
Jamie140
Nordschleife Master

Received 774 Likes on 357 Posts

What means this:

Originally Posted by mastiffdog
REAR AXLE 3.42 RATIO
NO CHARGE
Do you get a choice of rear ends on the Z06?
Old 09-09-2006, 08:47 AM
Tony007
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Congratulation on the purchase!!! You must be really excited. Is this Z an 06 or 07 model?
Old 09-09-2006, 09:51 AM
amerlemans
Rennlist Member

Mastiff - First off, congrats on the purchase. The car looks great. I see you posted your new purchase on CorvetteForum.com. I don't know how familiar you are with the folks over there but be careful. Most are just good car guys but there are more than a handful (VetteNV, Blandcastle, FGonzalez, TetraU to name a few) that do nothing but bash Porsche and their owners. I used to own a C6 and was an active member for a couple years over there. Even after I sold the Vette I stayed active so I know the way some can be..... first hand. Just a little warning.
Old 09-09-2006, 10:37 AM
robsc
Intermediate

Originally Posted by amerlemans
Mastiff - First off, congrats on the purchase. The car looks great. I see you posted your new purchase on CorvetteForum.com. I don't know how familiar you are with the folks over there but be careful. Most are just good car guys but there are more than a handful (VetteNV, Blandcastle, FGonzalez, TetraU to name a few) that do nothing but bash Porsche and their owners. I used to own a C6 and was an active member for a couple years over there. Even after I sold the Vette I stayed active so I know the way some can be..... first hand. Just a little warning.
I Got his back. Ha Ha
Old 09-09-2006, 12:06 PM
mastiffdog
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by amerlemans
Exactly right, and because I am a peaceful and fun loving soul, you will notice that Porsche is absent from any post I have made over there. So far so good, but its only a matter of time before the beatings begin.
Old 09-09-2006, 12:07 PM
mastiffdog
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by robsc
I Got his back. Ha Ha
I'm countin' on ya brotha...