Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Very Niceeeeeeeeeeee, love that color
Old 09-07-2006, 09:17 PM
mastiffdog
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by AeroGT3RedWing
You are really going to like that feature when it comes time to clean brake dust off - especially if you ever get on track!

Thanks, and you are correct. What has been most beneficial in getting the brake dust clean up easily is this spray on wheel wax by Zymol. You spray a fine mist on the wheel and it will level itself without buffing it out. You can buff it, but after cleaning the wheels, the spray looks great. The next round of wheel cleaning is a breeze, the dust comes right off just with a stream of water...
Old 09-07-2006, 09:45 PM
AeroGT3RedWing
Racer

Originally Posted by mastiffdog
Thanks, and you are correct. What has been most beneficial in getting the brake dust clean up easily is this spray on wheel wax by Zymol. You spray a fine mist on the wheel and it will level itself without buffing it out. You can buff it, but after cleaning the wheels, the spray looks great. The next round of wheel cleaning is a breeze, the dust comes right off just with a stream of water...
I didn't know anything like this existed, so thanks for sharing. My brake dust is a bit corrosive, and my pads dust quite a bit during hard street and any type of track use. I've just been kind sucking it up and scrubbing hard, but I will definately give that Zymol stuff a try - again, thanks for sharing!
Old 09-07-2006, 10:32 PM
Ken89911T
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I've heard about this stuff, but never got around to checking it out. Do you apply this to the wheel while on the car? If so, do you have to take any special precautions to see that none gets on the rotors?

I hate brake dust so much. It really does a number on the old Fuchs wheels if you let it sit too long. I'm hoping that with PCCB this will be a thing of the past. We'll see. Again, your car is beautiful. My slate gray should be getting on a boat any day now .
Old 09-08-2006, 12:40 AM
mastiffdog
Burning Brakes

Here you go! The product is called Wheel Coat. I love using these products because they are natural and very safe, yet do a wonderful job:

From the Zymol website:

"Brake dust will permanently damage the finish of your wheels. The adhesive used to mold brake pads will etch and pit the wheels if you allow it to remain in contact with your heated wheel surfaces. Zymöl Brite Wheel Coat is a non-silicone, natural wax wheel protectant that is 100% safe for all chrome, painted, coated alloy, aluminum or steel wheels."

And of course, here's the link:

www.zymol.com/brite_4.htm
Old 09-08-2006, 05:40 PM
AeroGT3RedWing
Racer

Thanks so much! I'll have to pick up a bottle or two on my way home from work.

Quick Reply: Some new photos Slate Grey Metallic...