Sponsored by:

Mr. Animal <pics>

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2006, 07:33 PM
B-Line
Drifting

Received 87 Likes on 48 Posts
Default Mr. Animal <pics>

No, I haven't taken delivery yet but the dealer was kind enough to send me some pics. Thought I would share my excitement with the gang.

And yes, I did notice 52 miles on the odo. I told the salesman already. But seriously, I'm not going to get my panty's in a bunch over a couple miles. It's a car..

B
Old 07-26-2006, 07:47 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by B-Line
And yes, I did notice 52 miles on the odo. I told the salesman already. But seriously, I'm not going to get my panty's in a bunch over a couple miles. It's a car..
Assuming that the dealership didn't put the miles on the car, then it's likely that it took more than one test/check out drive around Zuffenhausen/Stuttgart for the technician to release the car post production
Old 07-26-2006, 08:02 PM
yemenmocha
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The first picture is AMAZING! That paint looks sooo wet, almost unreal. Could be a potential poster or wallpaper pic if you edit out the background? Wow!

Congrats on the car!
Old 07-26-2006, 08:45 PM
CP
Race Director

Received 334 Likes on 239 Posts

Hi Seth,

That's a beautiful car. You live a charmed life. Hope the car sees as much 'action' as your movies.

Enjoy in great health.

CP
Old 07-26-2006, 09:14 PM
Phil
Phlat Black Guru
Rennlist
Lifetime Member
- Times 2

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Seth,
Is that the one your getting? Or are you gonna hold out for a close to zero mile car?
Old 07-26-2006, 10:52 PM
B-Line
Drifting

Originally Posted by Fill
Seth,
Is that the one your getting? Or are you gonna hold out for a close to zero mile car?
LoL Phil,
That's mine... It will probably have more like 100 miles when I pick it up. They are using it for the Porsche Parade. Maybe I can hoist the rear up on blocks, put it in reverse, and drive the miles away.
-- Oh wait, that won't work, it's AWD !!
Old 07-26-2006, 11:16 PM
E. J. - 993 Alumni
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Old 07-26-2006, 11:26 PM
B-Line
Drifting

LoL!

That's so funny it hurts...
Old 07-26-2006, 11:26 PM
drbf
Pro

Very niceeeeeeeee...... Congrats and enjoy
Old 07-26-2006, 11:35 PM
B-Line
Drifting

Did someone say RED TAPE?

Old 07-26-2006, 11:41 PM
Phil
Phlat Black Guru
Rennlist
Lifetime Member
- Times 2

LoL Phil,
That's mine... It will probably have more like 100 miles when I pick it up. They are using it for the Porsche Parade. Maybe I can hoist the rear up on blocks, put it in reverse, and drive the miles away.
-- Oh wait, that won't work, it's AWD !!
congrats Seth,
100 or more miles seems like alot. Do you thing the turbos will be ok? I am not familar with turbos, but I think they need some care in breaking in, and the first 100 or so miles would be crucial?
Old 07-27-2006, 12:12 AM
B-Line
Drifting

Originally Posted by Fill
congrats Seth,
100 or more miles seems like alot. Do you thing the turbos will be ok? I am not familar with turbos, but I think they need some care in breaking in, and the first 100 or so miles would be crucial?
Thanks Phil,

I know I take some risk buying a car with 100 miles on it but I do believe it's a calculated risk. The dealership has promised me no test drives and only a manager will drive it with the upmost care. Is there potential that someone might get in and beat it up without me knowing, YES, of course there is. I would like to think/hope that there would be some level of respect and care given but of course, the only guarantee is abstinence of miles which can not be arranged.

I have two choices, buy the car and let them use it in the parade or don't buy the car and wait till spring. I was lucky when I bought my 993, it was sight unseen and have been very happy with the car since it was delivered. Hopefully things will be as smooth with this gem. -- Besides, when someone buys a pre-owned turbo, they don't know how the car was broken in.

----Having said that, if any of you see a steel grey metallic flying around Portland with fire breathing out the exhaust, please call me.

B
Old 07-27-2006, 01:56 AM
mastiffdog
Burning Brakes

Seth, you have great taste, I like that car!

Is there enough room in this town for two?

I feel the wait you are going through, it will be worth it, trust me...
Old 07-27-2006, 09:37 AM
TT Surgeon
Race Director

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Seth, that is one awsome car, what color is that?
Can't wait until I get mine!
Chris
Old 07-27-2006, 12:02 PM
Phil
Phlat Black Guru
Rennlist
Lifetime Member
- Times 2

Thanks Phil,

I know I take some risk buying a car with 100 miles on it but I do believe it's a calculated risk. The dealership has promised me no test drives and only a manager will drive it with the upmost care. Is there potential that someone might get in and beat it up without me knowing, YES, of course there is. I would like to think/hope that there would be some level of respect and care given but of course, the only guarantee is abstinence of miles which can not be arranged.

I have two choices, buy the car and let them use it in the parade or don't buy the car and wait till spring. I was lucky when I bought my 993, it was sight unseen and have been very happy with the car since it was delivered. Hopefully things will be as smooth with this gem. -- Besides, when someone buys a pre-owned turbo, they don't know how the car was broken in.

----Having said that, if any of you see a steel grey metallic flying around Portland with fire breathing out the exhaust, please call me.

B
Hey Seth,
Well, I am not an engineer, but the way I understand it is that turbos are very vulnerable to damage and oil temps especially when new. Those things spin at over 100,000 rpm with almost zero clearance. A couple of temperature spikes from hot launches before stuff is broken in, or overheating by not letting them properly cool can lead to all sorts of problems like cracks in the blades or seals that are compromised from the very start. Plus variable geometry turbos like these are especially susceptible to this kind of damage as the generate heat even more quickly than previous types of turbo chargers.

Quick Reply: Mr. Animal <pics>