Notices
997 Turbo Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The journey heading west begins! Several Photos ...

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2006, 05:15 PM
mastiffdog
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The journey heading west begins! Several Photos ...

Just got a call from the dealership and Intercity just inspected and loaded up my car on the enclosed trailer! Driver called me from the truck and told me everything went well, and no spoiler scrapes ...

Porsche of Huntsville, AL has been outstanding, and I highly recommend these folks. Contact Ray Diaz at 256 426 9130, if you are interested in getting any Porsche or BMW...

Last edited by mastiffdog; 07-01-2006 at 09:00 PM.
Old 07-01-2006, 09:56 PM
cableguy
Racer

good idea shipping with all the plastic. Almost wish I did the same. Mine was loaded yesterday.
Old 07-01-2006, 10:31 PM
mastiffdog
Burning Brakes

It is a double edged sword. Shipping with the protection inside and out is good, but no one, including the dealership has inspected any part of what's underneath the plastic for paint defects, or the interior leather.

I decided to keep it wrapped up and take my chances.

I am trying to arrange to have the car prep done by Moe Mistry at:

http://www.glisteningperfection.com/
Old 07-01-2006, 10:33 PM
B-Line
Drifting

Received 126 Likes on 66 Posts

GREAT PICS... Thanks for sharing.. What color is that Mastif? I changed my exterior color to Meteor Grey Metallic at the bequest of my boss "aka, fiancee" from Artic Silver. (Guess she didn't want two Artic Silver 911's) to Meteor Grey.. Is that what yours is?

Thanks,
B
Old 07-01-2006, 10:42 PM
mastiffdog
Burning Brakes

This is the: "I have no clue why they charge $2380 extra" Slate Grey Metallic color.
Old 07-01-2006, 10:42 PM
fer2367
Rennlist Member

Congrats...beautiful car!
Old 07-01-2006, 10:50 PM
Ken89911T
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hey, Big Dog,

You must be like a kid on Dec. 20th!! Your slate gray beauty will be a real kick in the pants to drive. Good for you that you got it so (relatively) soon. Lots of us are still in the holding pattern for our cars, but I guess that's better than a situation where we could all just go down to the dealer's lot and pick which one we want from the 20 or so in stock!

I really think the digital pics don't do this color justice. In real life that color is perfect for a turbo. We would all like to see it after detailing.

Ken
Old 07-01-2006, 11:33 PM
B-Line
Drifting

Originally Posted by mastiffdog
This is the: "I have no clue why they charge $2380 extra" Slate Grey Metallic color.
Did you order it with the $2400 paint or was that all the dealer had the option of? I'm just curious because you give a but it would seem you custom ordered the car.

Why did you not just get one of the other 2-3 colors that are VERY similiar and not pay the premium?

Thanks,
B
Old 07-01-2006, 11:52 PM
mastiffdog
Burning Brakes

Good question, this was a car they had coming, but was 95% of what I wanted, so I jumped all over it. It turned out to be a lark going all the way to Alabama for a Turbo being I am a bit north of Los Angeles - but who doesn't like some adventure at my age? The good news is that this particular dealer is relatively new and they are wonderful to work with. Ray Diaz and Ron Volinski are the two most humble Porsche people I have ever dealt with. They was just plain "folks" and tolerated my constant calling to make the deal happen - always with a smile.

I would have been happy with the Meteor, but I would have waited longer to get the car. I think the Slate is a darker grey, which I like a bit more anyway. When I say 95%, I probably would have actually ordered one less carbon fiber package from the collection instead of all of them, that's about the only difference. It has all of the critical "must have" options (no PCCB, but I would not have ordered them), Locking Diff, Adaptive Seats, Heated, Sport Chrono, Short Shifter, Painted Rockers, CD Changer, Phone PCM, Multi Function Carbon Wheel (of course). Window was $142K, so the car is pretty loaded.

And Ken, you are 100% correct! Thank goodness the week will go by faster with the 4th of July stuck in the middle of it. The whole family is waiting for the new arrival, and I am grateful to have the Rennlist members to share it with.

If you look at the photos of the Naples Porsche Slate car, I hope mine comes out that good. That car looks like the paint is still wet:

Thanks for the kind comments. Feels like a Turbo therapy session on Rennlist!
Old 07-02-2006, 12:30 AM
yemenmocha
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Looks great! congrats!
Old 07-02-2006, 02:14 AM
Terrence
Burning Brakes

Received 32 Likes on 27 Posts

Congratulations. I am still learning it's ability everyday. As it breaks in, it is getting smoother and faster. Make sure you put in 1/4 tank of 100 octane to get the performance built into these cars.
Old 07-02-2006, 03:25 AM
mastiffdog
Burning Brakes

Terrence, does the owner's manual recommend that you do this? Also, where do you buy 100 Octane in the Los Angeles area?
Old 07-02-2006, 06:06 AM
B-Line
Drifting

Mastif,

You might need to take a drive to Buttonwillow or Willowsprings racetrack to get some high octane gas (or maybe California Speedway) not sure what's closest. Or you might just be able to get some additive but I'm not sure where. But hell, go for the ride. You'll enjoy it.

-- As far as the painted rocker panels.. I decided not to do it because the car is dark anyway. I figured if I paint it, it's another piece to have to worry about. The car pictured above does not have painted rocker panels.
-- However had I ordered a light or bright colored car I would have ordered it.

I'm really looking forward to seeing your car.

B
Old 07-02-2006, 02:54 PM
dk996tt
Instructor

congratulations. let me know how the 100 octane works if you try it!
Old 07-02-2006, 04:46 PM
Terrence
Burning Brakes

Received 32 Likes on 27 Posts

Hi Mastiff,

The owners' manuals of both my 997tt and also my Carrera S say it needs 98 RON (wihich is equivalent to 93 ALC at US pumps). It says that it will run 95 RON (which is 90 CLC) but engine will adjust (meaning timing and reduced power). In other parts of the US, you can get 93 CLC easily, but in California, we only get 91 except for specialty stations which offer 100. So if you mix about 1/4 tank of 100 to the rest in 91, you will get between 93 and 94 CLC.

There is one such station very close to me in Brentwood at the corner of Kenter and San Vicente, but I think if you do a search online, you can find many more throughout California.

Quick Reply: The journey heading west begins! Several Photos ...