Sponsored by:

Just saw a new 997TT

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2006, 08:04 PM
rdstemler
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just saw a new 997TT

Gotta say....I was awestruck. Much, much better looking in the flesh then any photo I've seen.
Old 06-24-2006, 08:44 PM
cableguy
Racer

Did you see it on the road or at a dealer? I agree, much better in person. ca't wait for mine
Old 06-24-2006, 08:54 PM
tim martin
Rennlist Member

just saw a silver one in calabasas...i guess the "release" date is today, 06/24...guy who owns it also has 2 ferrarris, a 993 turbo and a carrera gt....nice stable!!! 997 turbo looked nice, wheels look better in person, but the front turn indicators im not sure about...
Old 06-24-2006, 09:19 PM
10 GT3
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I saw the new Turbo too today. It was a low option Silver car. The rear end looks a low better than in photos. In photos, you can't really see how all the plastic pieces fit into the rear bumper. The rear spoiler looks very nice. Opening the engine lid, the comparment looks well integrated. The tubing to the throttle body is still plastic, sut it is painted to look like aluminum. The twin snorkles and airbox look nicely integrated. I also noticed that the air filters (one in the front of the airbox and one in the back) are both foam instead of paper. The front end is still a disappointment. The fog lights look tacked and the bulges form them are awkward. The turn signal lights are far larger in person than they look in pictures. They look extremely cheap ..edit... Hopefully Ruf will have a more integrated piece as a fix for this one flaw.

Your post has been edited by John D.

If you want to make racial slurs/slants - pick another web forum. You can make your point without them. If you are unable to - then I can assist you in not posting here.

Your choice.

John D.
Old 06-24-2006, 09:23 PM
mastiffdog
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by tim martin
just saw a silver one in calabasas...i guess the "release" date is today, 06/24...guy who owns it also has 2 ferrarris, a 993 turbo and a carrera gt....nice stable!!! 997 turbo looked nice, wheels look better in person, but the front turn indicators im not sure about...

That's Amir! Amir is a great guy, I spoke with him today about his new Turbo. I hope to meet up with him soon (we live within 15 minutes of each other) to compare notes. He is a super car enthusiast and loves his cars. You can see his stable here - absolutely awesome:

http://www.rennteam.com/showflat.php...&page=0#239777
Old 06-24-2006, 09:26 PM
mastiffdog
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by 02 Carrera
I saw the new Turbo too today. It was a low option Silver car. The rear end looks a low better than in photos. In photos, you can't really see how all the plastic pieces fit into the rear bumper. The rear spoiler looks very nice. Opening the engine lid, the comparment looks well integrated. The tubing to the throttle body is still plastic, sut it is painted to look like aluminum. The twin snorkles and airbox look nicely integrated. I also noticed that the air filters (one in the front of the airbox and one in the back) are both foam instead of paper. The front end is still a disappointment. The fog lights look tacked and the bulges form them are awkward. The turn signal lights are far larger in person than they look in pictures. They look extremely cheap, like something a Mexican would put on a beat up old Honda to give it some flair. Hopefully Ruf will have a more integrated piece as a fix for this one flaw.
I was doing fine with your post until you took a bad turn with the Mexican comment. That deserves an apology and was completely inappropriate anywhere, anytime or for any reason.

Old 06-24-2006, 09:50 PM
rdstemler
Burning Brakes

At the dealership. All prepped and ready to drive away. The guys old 996TT was there but he couldn't get the new car until it was released. It was the color that replaced Seal grey (don't remember what it is called) and it looked elegant!!!
Old 06-24-2006, 10:01 PM
Ken89911T
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Seal gray was "replaced" by Meteor gray, but that color is not being produced for US consumption until Sept. Maybe it was Slate gray??
Old 06-25-2006, 01:05 AM
Riz
Rennlist Member

Received 51 Likes on 39 Posts

I saw it yesterday parked close to 996 turbo S with aerokit. Both cars were arctic silver. The 997tt just has so much more presence than 996tt. Amazingly beautiful in person, hard to tell in pictures. The wheels have a much more modern look than any 996 wheel, especially the color of the spokes. Ride height still too high. Would look even better with slight drop and 5mm spacers IMO. Porsche really did a great job with new car. I can't wait to actually drive one.
Old 06-25-2006, 05:30 PM
drbf
Pro

I agree, yesterday I saw a black 997TT parked on the street and they look so much better in person. I like the way the spokes in the wheels follow the rear bumper vents. I think Porsche did a great job....
Old 06-26-2006, 01:37 PM
FlyingLow
Racer

Saw one at the dealer on Saturday. Still don't like the foglights or exhaust setup. The wheels are better in person. The exhaust note was very quiet. Didn't have the growl that my S does, always the case with a turbo though.

Quick Reply: Just saw a new 997TT