Notices
997 Turbo Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

997 Turbo Cabriolet..Would You Buy One????

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2024 | 04:14 PM
Ed99
Pro

Default 997 Turbo Cabriolet..Would You Buy One????

I am starting to see a lot of 997 Turbo Cabby's out in the market. There is over 22 997 Turbo Cabbie's in the Canadian market and some can be bought as low as $65K USD. And they are just sitting on the market for over months and months so looks like you can ****** a pretty good deal on one for less than $60K USD. Why are there so many of these units and no one is buying them?
Old 10-17-2024 | 04:23 PM
Kevin8tor
Racer

Originally Posted by Ed99
I am starting to see a lot of 997 Turbo Cabby's out in the market. There is over 22 997 Turbo Cabbie's in the Canadian market and some can be bought as low as $65K USD. And they are just sitting on the market for over months and months so looks like you can ****** a pretty good deal on one for less than $60K USD. Why are there so many of these units and no one is buying them?
Maybe because in Canada the season for convertibles is short. I have had a Turbo S cab for 4 years and 16,000 miles (58k total), and it's an awesome car.
The following users liked this post:
ronnb (Yesterday)
Old 10-17-2024 | 08:23 PM
babylonboots
Rennlist Member

In Calgary, you may try to snag one with the removable hard top. The hard tops are better insulated and you'll get more use out of it throughout the year and the various destinations.

I've had a 911 Cab for over 14 yrs total (996 C4 and now, 997.1 TT). I wouldn't have it any other way personally.
Old Yesterday | 07:03 AM
cyclrder
Pro

I just counted 28 cab to 24 coupes on auto trader. Not a big skew….

being a cab owner I would comment that the 95% of the experience of owning the turbo is from sitting in the driver seat as opposed to looking at it… I’d much rather own her with the top down.

BTW… for you chilly area drivers… I guarantee (wife hair and temp proof) that if you have the wind deflector installed and the windows up… you can drive the car staying quite cozy and being able to have an easy conversation with the rope down. My buddy has a turbo S that came without the windows deflector and took a ride with me and mine installed…. He’s afraid that if he purchases a deflector from suncoast https://search.app/Wzkjk57X6jwPVydY9
that it will ruin his marriage because now his wife will want to come out on his Sunday morning drives!
The following 2 users liked this post by cyclrder:
George911 (Yesterday), JRBucks (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday | 07:26 AM
Jaskfri
Pro

+1 for the Cab. I have had a 911 cab for 9 years(2006 911s for 4 years and 2009 turbo for 5 years). You don't need the hardtop unless you put on non-summer tires to drive below 30 degrees farenheit. In Michigan I just tuck the car away for Dec-Feb.Putting the top down on a nice day always makes me smile.
cyclrder (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday | 08:32 AM
Bxstr
Rennlist Member

They're great cars. If you want one due to what it is (an amazing car with a convertible), then go for it. 997 Turbo's command a premium though if they're a coupe, so that, combined with it being winter almost, will cause prices to be lower. However, also consider that some of the examples you're looking at may have issues. Make sure that you do a PPI and know what you're going to need to spend to get the car right.
cyclrder (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday | 08:36 AM
cyclrder
Pro

Originally Posted by Bxstr
They're great cars. If you want one due to what it is (an amazing car with a convertible), then go for it. 997 Turbo's command a premium though if they're a coupe, so that, combined with it being winter almost, will cause prices to be lower. However, also consider that some of the examples you're looking at may have issues. Make sure that you do a PPI and know what you're going to need to spend to get the car right.
.2= less to no issues… but more $$$$
Old Yesterday | 09:23 AM
spur911
Rennlist Member

+1 996tt 20k 997tt 80k
Old Yesterday | 10:44 AM
08 Mac Cab TT
Advanced

I'm biased but when I was lookin for my car I ruled out everything but Turbo cabs with manual transmissions because I love the open roof driving life, "need" the turbo power and love to row my own gears. They are well made cars, I have no shimmy or shakes or creaks in mine.. Find a good one and you will never look back.. IF you like auto (triptronic or PDK) you can get quite a good deal, manual trans command a bit more money and I think the majority of cabs produced were auto..
Old Yesterday | 09:17 PM
JRBucks
Racer

A Turbo is an amazing car, it's even more amazing with the top down. If you are tracking your car or care about what other people think buy a coupe. Now if we were talking about a 993 or older, get the coupe. There's nothing like the top down and hearing those twins spool.
Old Yesterday | 11:51 PM
moxie (SF)
Instructor

Can't go wrong with a mezger 6spd 997 turbo cab. It's an absolute blast to drive. Drop the top and bang through the gears.

The 997.1 mezger 6spd turbo is the modern 911 to own, cab or coupe.

Do it!

Quick Reply: 997 Turbo Cabriolet..Would You Buy One????