Sponsored by:

Engine out service costs.

Search this Thread

Old Yesterday, 08:21 PM
Mrak47
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Engine out service costs.

Hello! So I found coolant leaking from the front of the motor, a good amount was pooling under the car. Looked like the plastic elbows were getting old and about to give out. It definitely going to be an engine out service, P3 Autokräfte a local Porsche shop has quoted nearly 14k for Pinning the Cam gears, welding on the coolant pipes and replacing various other hoses. It is stated that this estimate may change because they need to look at the labor over lap.

I've got a couple other quotes but they have not seen the car however I was pretty thorough with the details of what needed to be done. Their pricing about 50% less than that quote.

What are some prices you've seen for this type of work? Any help with be so appreciated!

Last edited by Mrak47; Yesterday at 09:14 PM.
Old Today, 11:32 AM
eaks
Racer

Received 45 Likes on 37 Posts

I paid about 15k cdn for my engine out which replaced pretty much everything (including my provided clutch/flywheel/ect). I was unable to get the cams pinned as I was in a hurry and none of the shops I called had the cam tools for the 997tt..

I would have much preferred to pay a few extra thousand and have thr cams taken care of but if I have issues I will deal with it then.. The cams aren't typically a catastrophic failure unlike thr coolant lines..

The pricing is hard to say ad you would need a breakdown of what's including.. It sounds like the first shop is most likely replacing everything whereas the other shops may only be budgeting the required parts and not necessarily everything..

The price doesn't seem too crazy to me and if the shop has done this exact work previously they should know what to expect and not cut corners
The following users liked this post:
Mrak47 (Today)
Old Today, 12:29 PM
Ruskiy
Burning Brakes

Received 199 Likes on 132 Posts

15k seems to be in line with what I’m seeing people post for a job like that.

Quick Reply: Engine out service costs.