Sponsored by:

steering swap coding question

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2024, 10:43 AM
Chalaka
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default steering swap coding question

hi, for such old car, i know many have done this before. but really hope someone experienced this before can help out please.

the horn is working ... now just need to get the following to work
- function stalk (the one to cycle through menus on the dash)
- paddle

I have swapped out the control module: 997.613.289.01 bought from ebay (https://www.ebay.com/itm/155631700250)

but when i try to code it with NT510 elite, the settings can't be stored.
under the programming --> steering module --> i saw PDK, and Tiptronic, i selected both to be "Installed" ..
but settings just can't be stored.

anyone with experience on this symptoms? thank you

Old 04-28-2024, 01:35 AM
Chalaka
AutoX

to follow up on my current struggle.
hope it can help someone comes across similar journey.

i swapped back from 997.613.289.01 to my old 288.01 switch control module.
and OBC stalk works again, horn is still working.

what i have noticed is that in NT510 programming menu, PDK is no longer there: which means, the new module(997.613.289.01) did bring new supports of the PDK function.

so, my current assumption is that: the new module needs to be coded(initialized?) with PIWIS ..following the "handover" procedures? --> this procedures can be found on GPS tutorial page.
and this "handover" procedure can only be done via PIWIS, but not by NT510 scanner.

so, summary:
-997.613.289.01 module is definitely needed for 997.1 to 997.2 steering swap for the pdk paddle function
-PIWIS performs the "hand over" to initialize the module, (this needs to be done for module to talk to rest of the modules on car (ex: OBC stalk, cruise control?)
-NT510 can then be used to individually activate functions under the module's menu (of course if you have working PIWIS, then all the activation can be done with PIWIS directly)

hope this understanding is correct.

so now, i have just placed order on the PIWIS NB found on ebay .. then i swap out the switch module to 997.613.289.01 again, and hope PIWIS can initialize it and make all features to work as expected
(OBC stalk, paddle, horn)
Old 04-28-2024, 08:37 AM
rsalicrup
Instructor

Received 122 Likes on 54 Posts

I had the same issue. I ended up going to the dealer for them to do it. I couldn’t do it with the Foxwell nor Durametric Pro. Also found out that an Autel tool from a shop can also do the hand over but it isn’t as easy as PIWIS.
Old 04-29-2024, 02:12 AM
Chalaka
AutoX

Originally Posted by rsalicrup
I had the same issue. I ended up going to the dealer for them to do it. I couldn’t do it with the Foxwell nor Durametric Pro. Also found out that an Autel tool from a shop can also do the hand over but it isn’t as easy as PIWIS.
thank you so much for the reply!!

much appreciate it.

so i guess PIWIS is what it takes to get this done~~

will update back when i get the program and learn my way around it first
Old 05-05-2024, 09:24 PM
travs_997
Track Day

Received 16 Likes on 3 Posts

Yeah that stupid Foxwell caused me all kinds of problems. Mine ended up at the dealer, who programmed a new module no problem. 2009 Turbo Tip with the Sport Design PDK wheel.

Quick Reply: steering swap coding question