Lack of Traction using Launch Control

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2022 | 10:51 AM
Needsdecaf
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Default Lack of Traction using Launch Control

Hello:

Been exploring using launch control on my 2011 Turbo S a bit more as of late. There aren't too many areas to really use it, so it's basically limited to whatever deserted back road I can find during weekend romps. But I noticed that seemingly on every road I try to use it, I end up doing a pretty significant 4 wheel burnout, accompanied by some pretty decent sideways action. Using a generic 0-60 app found for free on the app store, I'm recording 0-60 times about 3.5 seconds, which is fast but I know the car can do better with a better launch.

My tires are running comfort pressure and are pretty new PS4S's. The roads are either concrete or not the greatest asphalt. Am I SOL as far as launches go based on those road types? I know, not something that really matters as I'm not racing, but I would love to at least experience the launch with just a chirp or even a full, hard, hookup. Should I lower the tire pressures a bit?

Thanks all.
The following users liked this post:
Kevin8tor (10-31-2022)
Old 10-31-2022 | 11:14 AM
Kevin8tor
Racer

If great launches are your thing, then the DSC controller with the launch control feature may be of interest. It has settings for LC that adjust the shocks for the start that allow more squat at the rear initially, before stiffening them up as the car get's going, and it also allows user-set parameters for the front & rear shocks to tweak it to your needs.
Old 10-31-2022 | 12:15 PM
Needsdecaf
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Kevin8tor
If great launches are your thing, then the DSC controller with the launch control feature may be of interest. It has settings for LC that adjust the shocks for the start that allow more squat at the rear initially, before stiffening them up as the car get's going, and it also allows user-set parameters for the front & rear shocks to tweak it to your needs.
I do have a DSC controller but admit I have not changed it at all from it's out of the box settings. Really need to learn how to do so.
Old 10-31-2022 | 12:25 PM
Kevin8tor
Racer

Originally Posted by Needsdecaf
I do have a DSC controller but admit I have not changed it at all from it's out of the box settings. Really need to learn how to do so.
Did you add the upgraded LC mode? I don't think it's standard...I seem to recall it was like an extra $100. If you do have it, here's how to activate (or figure out if you have it):
Old 10-31-2022 | 04:04 PM
Needsdecaf
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Kevin8tor
Did you add the upgraded LC mode? I don't think it's standard...I seem to recall it was like an extra $100. If you do have it, here's how to activate (or figure out if you have it): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wQl4p3BHqhE&t=13s
Don't believe I purchased that, IIRC.