Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2020, 10:34 PM
BayArea997TT
AutoX

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Angry Help! Battery died + rear ended & now fuel gauge stuck at empty

Super ****ty day today
Battery Flat
I connected the tender but had forgotten to turn it on & I found the car unable to start today morning. Luckily since i had the hood up, I was able to jump it. I thought it would take it for a drive to get some juice back in and in, Had an amazing drive.

Rear Ended
On my way back, about 5 miles away from the house someone bumped into me at around 5-10 mph we were at a red light. (Car ahead of me had moved, i had just started moving and the person behind me must have misjudged the speed and just rolled into me)
The only visibile damage is on the right rear "bumperette" its dented and will need to be replaced, but the bumper itself looks pristine and i checked underneath the car, doesn't seem to be any leaks.
Exchanged information and drove off, cursing my luck & the time i have to spend getting the car checked.

Fuel gauge shows empty
As i drive off, i notice that the fuel gauge is showing empty & i am getting the range warning, it was 100% not showing that before, and i had 3/4ths of tank left.

Did the bump on the rear cause the fuel gauge problems ? or was it the battery issue from earlier in the day? I have seen forum posts where it ranges from a fuel sender unit problem to a battery issue.
anyone has ideas?, has this happened to you ?
AAAAAARGH!

(Luckily no one was injured, I had kids in the back seat and they were fine, they other driver was okay as well)

Last edited by BayArea997TT; 10-19-2020 at 02:31 AM. Reason: clarifying that i need some help
Old 10-19-2020, 10:03 AM
Needsdecaf
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 2,582 Likes on 1,604 Posts

Likely battery issue causing wonky fuel gauge. These cars do strange things when the voltage is low.

Sorry about the accident.
The following users liked this post:
BayArea997TT (10-19-2020)

Quick Reply: Help! Battery died + rear ended & now fuel gauge stuck at empty