Sponsored by:

Add Heated Seats

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2020, 12:30 PM
TripleBlue
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Add Heated Seats

Can I add heated seats to a 997tt that came from the factory without them?
It does have the adaptive sport seats.
Old 09-18-2020, 12:50 PM
saabin
Rennlist Member

Received 545 Likes on 357 Posts

I'm sure anythings possible, but the work/cost involved might not be worth it.

I would imagine swapping in heated seats and selling your current ones would be the simplistic path.. What I dont know would be how much of the electrical part exists? Does the standard adaptive seat harness in your car have the wiring already there?
You would need to get the switch(s) for the console, and them get a PWIS to "enable" the feature.. No idea if this could be done with an aftermarket tool (like a foxwell NT tool).

I "briefly" looked at doing this for a 981Cayman I bought a few years ago (not the one I own now) but quickly abandoned the idea due to the cost/hassle.

Not to discourage you from attempting it, I'm sure someone here (or more likely on the general 997 forum) have done this before..
Old 09-18-2020, 01:07 PM
TTG
Rennlist Member

Received 122 Likes on 79 Posts

Great question.

I walked away from many 997TTs bec they lacked this option.
Old 09-18-2020, 04:57 PM
newton982
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Don't think you can add to your existing seats. But it might be possible if you source a set of heated seats and swap them out with yours.
Old 09-19-2020, 02:21 PM
babylonboots
Rennlist Member

Received 133 Likes on 82 Posts

Here's a simple solution...
Heated Seat Pad Heated Seat Pad
Old 09-19-2020, 07:50 PM
jason952
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts

I used this kit on several cars over the years, easy to do, just mount the switch somewhere non factory.

http://www.rostra.com/comfortheat-au...-by-rostra.php
Old 09-20-2020, 10:52 AM
Bxstr
Rennlist Member

Received 3,092 Likes on 2,114 Posts

It's possible but it's going to be expensive and time consuming. Porsche does not sell seats new, assembled. So you would need to buy them used, expect to pay $3k or so for a set of adaptive seats with heating. If you didn't want to buy an entirely new seat, you may be able to simply buy the heated seat components individually from Porsche, but the wiring from the seat to the switch is going to be difficult part. Then enabling via PIWIS. This may be $4-5k to do it right. Just get the wiring diagrams from the Porsche technical manual. You'll also need to disassemble your current seat and the leather if you decided to go the direction of just buying the heated seat components.
Old 04-25-2024, 03:14 PM
ryneodonnell
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by jason952
I used this kit on several cars over the years, easy to do, just mount the switch somewhere non factory.

http://www.rostra.com/comfortheat-au...-by-rostra.php
Has anyone integrated this with the factory buttons? Should be easy, yes? How about with Carbon Buckets with factory heating elements? I would think it would look like this:

Factory Buttons -> This Rostra Wiring Harness (which I assume hooks into 12V power) -> Factory Carbon Buckets Seat Heating Element

There shouldn't be anything to do with the Porsche vehicle itself besides 12V to get this to work?

Quick Reply: Add Heated Seats