Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2019 | 05:30 PM
DSC Sport
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Default DSC Sport controller First-Hand Impression on Track

Hello all,

We did a DSC Demo Day at Summit Point Raceway where we installed a DSC Sport V3 Plug & Play controller into each participants' car. Each demo participating driver drove their car on track with the factory suspension controller, once the driver got a good reference we then swap the factory controller with DSC. We did this in the Advanced Run Group via CHIN Track Days(Red Group). The demo event was a great success! We are completely stoked to see the first hand impression that puts bigger smiles on drivers faces and we got the opportunity to share our technology. Here's a video with impressions from a couple of experienced racers-

New for August 2019 and featured in our DSC demo controller is our new DSC G-Table in Sport mode. We refer to this update as our new "GRS" calibration file. The new GRS calibration file is available now on new V3 controllers for all 991.1/991.2/981/718 cars. For all current DSC Sport users the new GRS calibration file will be available for download later this week at www.dscsport.com

The same great improvements in track performance and road comfort from DSC applies across the entire 991 , 981, 997 , and 987 platforms.
Really helps putting down the power on Twin Turbo cars especially with hi-power tunes and mods for roll-ons and standing starts via DSC Launch Control!

sales@dscsport.com | (410) 799-7798
Facebook | Instagram | Twitter
Old 08-20-2019 | 01:55 AM
Hueneme997
Advanced

I LOVE MINE! Best mod yet!
The following users liked this post:
DSC Sport (08-20-2019)
Old 08-20-2019 | 12:57 PM
lflouie
Racer

A DSC plus a GT2 rear bar really improves the overall car.
The following users liked this post:
DSC Sport (08-20-2019)
Old 08-20-2019 | 10:43 PM
skyak
Racer

Originally Posted by lflouie
A DSC plus a GT2 rear bar really improves the overall car.
Agreed. Cup 2 tires rounds it out nicely.
Old 08-21-2019 | 08:39 AM
4ocious
Three Wheelin'

Agree, it probably works very well with a stock set-up. But, it only marginally improves the ride and handling of a lowered car with a GT2 alignment. JMO based upon my own personal experience.
Old 08-21-2019 | 09:03 AM
USNA12
Banned

If we already have a DSC, is there a way to update or a trade up program?
Old 08-21-2019 | 03:16 PM
DSC Sport
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by 4ocious
Agree, it probably works very well with a stock set-up. But, it only marginally improves the ride and handling of a lowered car with a GT2 alignment. JMO based upon my own personal experience.
Thanks for your feedback. Make sense. Lowering reduces the usable travel of the shocks/reduce distance to the bump rubber so on the OEM Turbo shocks damping characteristics and reaction time becomes more limited as the internal piston get closer to bottom.
On GT2, GT3, and high performance aftermarket coilovers do better at lower height.
Old 08-21-2019 | 03:19 PM
DSC Sport
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by USNA12
If we already have a DSC, is there a way to update or a trade up program?
There's no hardware update nor firmware update if you already a 2-mode 997 DSC.
The update is the calibration file, which DSC users can download and write the new cal file to the DSC controller via DSC Tuner software(version 1.8.3)
https://www.dscsport.com/software-2/
Old 08-21-2019 | 04:48 PM
ShatterPoints
Instructor

Originally Posted by 4ocious
It would be better if the OEM shocks were not valved so aggressively. They have a lot of rebound which is what makes the ride seem taunt and crashy. IMO with the DSC you would not want to lower the car at all since the OE setup jacks down or pulls the chassis into the bump rubber. Leaving it at stock height with stiffer roll bars and the DSC would make it feel fairly sorted.
Old 08-22-2019 | 08:30 AM
4ocious
Three Wheelin'

My TTS was lowed when I bought it so I installed the DSC to improve the harsh and bumpy ride I was experiencing. The DSC "did" improve my overall ride quality and "did" smooth out most of the smaller bumps. But, I still avoid when possible any large bumps, uneven road surface or poorly maintained roads of which there are a lot in suburban VA. Would I lower my car again - absolutely NO! Would I purchase a DSC for a car with stock suspension - absolutely YES!
The following 2 users liked this post by 4ocious:
DSC Sport (08-22-2019), ShatterPoints (08-22-2019)
Old 08-22-2019 | 03:05 PM
Brainz
Rennlist Member

Tom, what's impacted by the new 997 calibration file with G-table / GRS? Under what circumstances are things improved/changed?
Old 08-22-2019 | 03:45 PM
ShatterPoints
Instructor

Originally Posted by Brainz
Tom, what's impacted by the new 997 calibration file with G-table / GRS? Under what circumstances are things improved/changed?
You are modifying the value for the acceleration of gravity with the DSC. In addition to this you are able to "unlock" ~15% of total performance from the dampers that was previously locked into the normal and sport modes / profiles. While you cannot expressly target a knee speed, you can increase or decrease the response thresholds. So you can ask for different percentages of damping at a particular velocity (This is rather arbitrary as we do not know what x% of damper performance equals in lb/ft per inch). I've asked Tom for a force vs velocity graph for the stock PASM dampers but he has been admittedly busy. It would be nice to try and get that information so we could have a visual for what is being changed + how the DSC controller lets you do that. They have a very good write up / manual explaining the nuts and bolts of the DSC and how you would go about "Tuning" it to your liking. TPC recommends the Tractive suspension because at the end of the day the OEM shocks still have a finite performance range / profile. So while yes you can optimize them and for a lot of people the optimization is really all you need it will still fall short of a more properly valved system with the ability to adjust both high speed and low speed rebound / compression.
Old 08-23-2019 | 09:29 PM
Brainz
Rennlist Member

Thank you!
Old 08-23-2019 | 10:15 PM
Jim991
Burning Brakes

Is there a Rennlist discount available for the dsc?

Quick Reply: DSC Sport controller First-Hand Impression on Track