Vehicle Shippers

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2019, 04:11 PM
geoorlando
Rennlist Member

Received 47 Likes on 34 Posts
Default Vehicle Shippers

Greetings,

Please forgive me if posting this message here is a bit off-topic but this and the 991 Turbo forum is where I have interacted and know a number of the forum participants. I would be happy to help anyone here in a similar position. It is in conjunction with a 997.2 TTS purchase.

I am looking to have a vehicle shipped in the SouthEast. Has anyone dealt with Executive Auto Shippers LLC, Plycar or Executive Auto Transport LLC? Any other recommendations? I am looking to go enclosed with tracking.

Thanks,

G.
Old 06-19-2019, 04:19 PM
B59
Intermediate

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I'd suggest trying Intercity or Reliable. Reliable can be a little frustrating with regard to timing but the cars are always in good condition when they arrive. Also had positive experience with Horseless Carriage. What you don't want is someone to put the job out on Central Dispatch for any trucker with an enclosed trailer to pick up. I've seen cars show up damaged and the interiors covered in grime from truck drivers climbing all over the interior as they try to get out once its loaded. Hope this is helpful.
Old 06-19-2019, 04:29 PM
geoorlando
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by B59
I'd suggest trying Intercity or Reliable. Reliable can be a little frustrating with regard to timing but the cars are always in good condition when they arrive. Also had positive experience with Horseless Carriage. What you don't want is someone to put the job out on Central Dispatch for any trucker with an enclosed trailer to pick up. I've seen cars show up damaged and the interiors covered in grime from truck drivers climbing all over the interior as they try to get out once its loaded. Hope this is helpful.
Thanks for the terrific input. Based on your post, I assume that both Intercity and Reliable do not put the job out on Central Dispatch?

Best,

G.
Old 06-19-2019, 04:32 PM
B59
Intermediate

No, they dispatch their own trucks with their own drivers. Makes a big difference with regard to accountability.
Old 06-19-2019, 04:40 PM
geoorlando
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by B59
No, they dispatch their own trucks with their own drivers. Makes a big difference with regard to accountability.
Interesting, I just requested a quote from Intercity and they stated they don't service a TN to FL run.
Old 06-19-2019, 04:45 PM
B59
Intermediate

That's really strange. This should be a slow time for them since the snowbirds have all migrated. There is also Exotic Car Transport that I've seen used. Porsche uses Proficient Transporters but I'm not sure if they take on outside work or only work for manufacturers. Might be worth checking into. Also, your local dealer may have some suggestions or a solution for you. There are often local people that the dealers trust that may not be openly advertising.
Old 06-19-2019, 04:47 PM
jcdeng
Instructor

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Reliable, plycar, intercity, all are good choices.
Old 06-19-2019, 05:15 PM
WarbirdDude
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just used Reliable and was very happy. The truck had an issue with some hydraulic lines that developed during the shipment and the driver needed to stop to get the replacements. He couldn't have been better about keeping me updated. He kept texting me and then calling me as he got close and ended up only 2 hours later than first expected delivery time even with the stop for new hydraulic lines. From the looks of the lines I think they were the ones used to operate the lift that my GT4 was lowered on from the upper level of the truck. He was awesome to work with and one of his texts arrived at 2am as he was on route to me. They were very careful with the car and quite detailed in the notes they took about the condition of the car when they received it.

I think their main office ins in Canton, MI and they have a terminal in AZ. So shipping from Scottsdale to my location in MI was breeze. No matter, I was very happy with them.

Joe
Old 06-19-2019, 06:19 PM
geoorlando
Rennlist Member

Thank you, everyone, for the great feedback. I am doing my diligence on all these recommendations. In the spirit of giving back, Intercity actually referred me to the site below to find another carrier. It is very helpful (and at least I did not know about it):

https://www.transportreviews.com/

Best,

G.
Old 06-19-2019, 07:44 PM
8Lug
Rennlist Member

Received 869 Likes on 413 Posts

I was very happy with Intercity. Sorry to hear they can't help you.
Old 06-20-2019, 05:13 PM
hapa997
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Plycar shipped my car to me last month and I couldn't be happier with them. Their pricing was a little cheaper than Reliable and Intercity, and they got my car here a few days early. It showed up exactly as expected. No unexpected dings, scratches, miles, nothing (and I'm very OCD about that stuff!). I'd highly recommend them to anyone!
Old 06-21-2019, 07:22 PM
raiderr0n
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

+1 for Plycar

Used Plycar for transport from OH to CA. Great service and slightly cheaper than Intercity. I do like the live map tracking feature. Trailer was almost brand new and delivered 1 day early. Only downside was that my battery was dead upon delivery because the door wasn't closed all the way and the dome lights drained it. Not a big issue as he was able to jump it before unloading.
Old 06-23-2019, 12:32 PM
Kayaknfly
Rennlist Member

Received 47 Likes on 38 Posts

+2 for plycar they were fantastic. Their trailers were nicer then intercities also, at least the few I’ve seen.
Old 06-25-2019, 03:42 PM
32krazy!
Rennlist Member

Received 34 Likes on 26 Posts

dave fountain 712 210 4019 fountaintransportservices.com great guy can get you what you need

Quick Reply: Vehicle Shippers