Sponsored by:

RS running w/ the turbos

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2019, 10:10 AM
JG 996T
Rennlist Member

Received 542 Likes on 295 Posts
Default RS running w/ the turbos

Enjoyed a Saturday morning w/ some of our turbo brothers... great weather, little bit too much traffic, but good time cruising w/ a trio of turbos.

07Silver's car is INSANE ! (highway pull ..... like i was standing still)

3 turbos

Old 06-17-2019, 03:03 PM
SteveS83
Rennlist Member

Received 23 Likes on 17 Posts

That was a fun morning! And for me it was a triple play..... 1) got a ride in your GT3 RS; 2) picked up my car after 9 weeks of not being able to drive it; 3) great morning drive with you guys!! Let's not wait too long before doing that again (the drive that is...not my broken slave)!!

I have to give a shout out to 07Silver @ Elite Automotive in Wayne, NJ - they did an awesome job on my car! Short story long.... my slave cylinder went on my '07tt so I was on the fence about what to do. After discussing with Kevin @ UMW and Doug (07Siver) for suggestions I ended up doing a full GT2 conversion, eliminating the power assisted hydraulics altogether. Then while the trans was down I figured a new clutch was in order since the car had 52k miles on it. So I picked up the dual mass kit from Kevin and had that installed. New RMS and brake fluid flush as well.... good to go. Doug made sure everything was in order when I picked it up, even washed it for me!! Then for father's day I installed my GT2 anti-roll bar and the DSC that I picked up from JG 996T.... All in all I couldn't be happier!! The car feels amazing! Kevin / Doug - thank you both!!
Old 06-17-2019, 05:30 PM
o7silverturbo
Burning Brakes

Received 76 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by SteveS83
That was a fun morning! And for me it was a triple play..... 1) got a ride in your GT3 RS; 2) picked up my car after 9 weeks of not being able to drive it; 3) great morning drive with you guys!! Let's not wait too long before doing that again (the drive that is...not my broken slave)!!

I have to give a shout out to 07Silver @ Elite Automotive in Wayne, NJ - they did an awesome job on my car! Short story long.... my slave cylinder went on my '07tt so I was on the fence about what to do. After discussing with Kevin @ UMW and Doug (07Siver) for suggestions I ended up doing a full GT2 conversion, eliminating the power assisted hydraulics altogether. Then while the trans was down I figured a new clutch was in order since the car had 52k miles on it. So I picked up the dual mass kit from Kevin and had that installed. New RMS and brake fluid flush as well.... good to go. Doug made sure everything was in order when I picked it up, even washed it for me!! Then for father's day I installed my GT2 anti-roll bar and the DSC that I picked up from JG 996T.... All in all I couldn't be happier!! The car feels amazing! Kevin / Doug - thank you both!!

Glad I could take care of it for you and that you are happy with the set up.

Joe it was a fair race.........
Old 06-17-2019, 05:49 PM
SteveS83
Rennlist Member

Received 23 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by o7silverturbo
Glad I could take care of it for you and that you are happy with the set up.

This was the view from your windshield Doug....
Old 06-17-2019, 08:18 PM
JG 996T
Rennlist Member

Received 542 Likes on 295 Posts
Cool

My 500 pound weight advantage clearly did not equal your 500 horsepower advantage

Last edited by JG 996T; 06-19-2019 at 04:03 PM.
Old 06-19-2019, 02:34 PM
MexicoBlueTurboS
Rennlist Member

Received 239 Likes on 141 Posts

07ST - what a list of upgrades. Please post any Dragy data or similar if you have.

TIA
Old 06-19-2019, 07:03 PM
o7silverturbo
Burning Brakes

Received 76 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by MexicoBlueTurboS
07ST - what a list of upgrades. Please post any Dragy data or similar if you have.

TIA

Yeah dude Ill post it up

Quick Reply: RS running w/ the turbos