Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Aftermaket fuel system for 997.1tt?

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2019, 03:48 PM
Straightedge
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Aftermaket fuel system for 997.1tt?

I’m looking for reliable solid aftermarket fuel system for 997.1tt
where can I buy it?
Old 06-08-2019, 06:28 PM
TT.BRN
Advanced

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

How much power you're looking to make and what fuel? Stock system is good for a whole lot ....

I've only seen one aftermarket kit in action, its the twin walbro kit sold by Protomotive. Several options for the kit too depending on your needs, drop Todd an email you won't regret it.

good luck
Old 06-09-2019, 09:46 AM
32krazy!
Rennlist Member

Received 34 Likes on 26 Posts

Srm has a single or twin billet setup in brush or computer controlled brushless pumps
Old 06-09-2019, 11:07 AM
TT.BRN
Advanced

Personally I wont get involved with Srm even if it was heavily discounted ..
Old 06-09-2019, 12:21 PM
Flewis763
Instructor

Srm makes the best kit. Or you can build one yourself as well.
Old 06-10-2019, 03:42 AM
Straightedge
Advanced

Proto bad quality parts
SRM bad customer service

who else?
Old 06-10-2019, 08:07 PM
TT.BRN
Advanced

Proto's stuff might be expensive, but never bad quality imo, not sure how you came to that conclusion...

All major tuners offering 1000+whp builds can supply you a fuel system upgrade, you will find most use Proto/Srm systems ....
Old 06-13-2019, 01:24 AM
Straightedge
Advanced

Originally Posted by TT.BRN
Proto's stuff might be expensive, but never bad quality imo, not sure how you came to that conclusion...

All major tuners offering 1000+whp builds can supply you a fuel system upgrade, you will find most use Proto/Srm systems ....
That’s not conclusion. Proto sells my friends his expensive headers and fuel system which cost near 7k
headers got cracked after few months. Fuel system leaked everywhere after few mins. Todd K didn’t back him up. Bosch fuel pumps never work on E85!
Old 06-13-2019, 02:30 PM
32krazy!
Rennlist Member

Received 34 Likes on 26 Posts

theres a huge difference between proto parts and protomotive parts. 2 different companies
Old 06-16-2019, 04:04 PM
Straightedge
Advanced

Originally Posted by 32krazy!
theres a huge difference between proto parts and protomotive parts. 2 different companies
Protomotive
Old 02-22-2020, 09:24 AM
Romany
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 996/997 and 991 fuel system upgrades

The fuel system on many of the TT and GT cars is a complicated beast. The 996 and 997 systems in particular. Protec have now decided to get these systems sorted once and for all and will soon be launching the new Cobra system for many of the Porsche platforms.

We have been searching the Web as I am sure many others have but we cant see ANY system that offers a well sorted system that is able to collect the fuel efficiently and provides the volume of fuel required for the high HP engines. The Cobra system removes the complicated siphon jet pump used in many of the OEM systems and replaces this with a bespoke flexible gated collector. The use of the flange mounted Brushless Cobra offer unrivalled performance and flow with low amp draw. The FM44500 for example flows around 500lt/hr @ 70 psi, 10.9 amp draw.

We are interested to hear from members on Rennlist what they want so we can make sure we don't miss any systems out.

Protec have been supplying Porsche motorsport directly for over 8 years as well as many other OE race systems. Premier Fuel Systems which have been OE supplier to Porsche Motorsport for over 20 years manufacture the Cobra collector exclusively for Protec.

The Cobra system uses a mini race proven gated bladder which is retro fitted to the road car tank to collect the fuel and prevent surge when fuel level is low. A auxiliary scavenge pump (OEM fitment) also feeds the flexible collector.

FIA FT3 Race cell on Factory Porsche

Let us know what your fuel demands are, we don't want to miss anyone out....

The Cobra system will be available during March, options will include single flange mounted brushless pump capable of 1000HP or single dual in tank brushed or brushless pumps which mount in the Cobra collector system.

Further details will soon be available on the website.

Old 02-22-2020, 09:53 AM
usrodeo4
Three Wheelin'

Received 584 Likes on 326 Posts

Not sure what H.P. you are after, but my 997.1 TT with a turbo build was making ~ 700WHP on E85 and the only "fueling" upgrade I had was the ID/Bosch 1300cc injectors, she ran perfect, smooth as silk and starship fast when you stepped on the go pedal.
Old 02-22-2020, 03:52 PM
o7silverturbo
Burning Brakes

Received 76 Likes on 61 Posts

I run the factory pump set up with one extra walbro pump tied in inside the tank and I made over 1000hp on e85
Old 03-04-2020, 03:31 PM
AMGo
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Fuel Pump

Originally Posted by o7silverturbo
I run the factory pump set up with one extra walbro pump tied in inside the tank and I made over 1000hp on e85
Who did your pump upgrade? Do you have detailed information on how it was done? I am in the process of trying to add a 3rd, or swap out both in the basket.
Old 05-09-2020, 01:28 PM
AMGo
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Romany
The fuel system on many of the TT and GT cars is a complicated beast. The 996 and 997 systems in particular. Protec have now decided to get these systems sorted once and for all and will soon be launching the new Cobra system for many of the Porsche platforms.

We have been searching the Web as I am sure many others have but we cant see ANY system that offers a well sorted system that is able to collect the fuel efficiently and provides the volume of fuel required for the high HP engines. The Cobra system removes the complicated siphon jet pump used in many of the OEM systems and replaces this with a bespoke flexible gated collector. The use of the flange mounted Brushless Cobra offer unrivalled performance and flow with low amp draw. The FM44500 for example flows around 500lt/hr @ 70 psi, 10.9 amp draw.

We are interested to hear from members on Rennlist what they want so we can make sure we don't miss any systems out.

Protec have been supplying Porsche motorsport directly for over 8 years as well as many other OE race systems. Premier Fuel Systems which have been OE supplier to Porsche Motorsport for over 20 years manufacture the Cobra collector exclusively for Protec.

The Cobra system uses a mini race proven gated bladder which is retro fitted to the road car tank to collect the fuel and prevent surge when fuel level is low. A auxiliary scavenge pump (OEM fitment) also feeds the flexible collector.

FIA FT3 Race cell on Factory Porsche

Let us know what your fuel demands are, we don't want to miss anyone out....

The Cobra system will be available during March, options will include single flange mounted brushless pump capable of 1000HP or single dual in tank brushed or brushless pumps which mount in the Cobra collector system.

Further details will soon be available on the website.
i am very interested in a setup. Dumping DW 400’s into basket, and did a restrictive fuel block etc. doesn’t work out as planned. I am at my wits end, and it’s driving me insane. Please DM me what you have available to get this squared away once and for all.

Quick Reply: Aftermaket fuel system for 997.1tt?