Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2020, 01:17 PM
Dennis C
Rocky Mountain High
Rennlist Member

Received 1,480 Likes on 930 Posts

Originally Posted by Needsdecaf
Thread update:

still sitting and waiting, but I am definitely convinced that a 997.2 PDK is the car. I sold my 991.1 at the start of the lockdowns as I wasn’t driving it anyway and didn’t want the value to tank. Wanted to have the cash in hand when the “right” 997.2 comes along.

I had originally discounted the cabs but now back to considering them. I do miss not having a cab, especially since the spring has been so gorgeous here in Houston. But the cab’s backseat is pretty much uninhabitable for my kids, at which point I might as well get a Boxster Spyder. So I need to drive one. Never driven a 997 cab in turbo guise.

Patiently waiting for the combo of options that grabs be to come available. I’ve done this drill before so it’s not too bad. Send leads my way!

Thanks all.
Sounds great that you've made your decision. Good luck finding "the one"! My 997 turbo was a cabriolet, and it was a really nice car to drive with the top down. The back seats are tight, but not totally useless. Here's a quick shot my niece and nephew going out for a ride.

The following 2 users liked this post by Dennis C:
Big Swole (05-26-2020), Needsdecaf (05-26-2020)
Old 05-26-2020, 02:51 PM
Needsdecaf
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 2,608 Likes on 1,620 Posts

Originally Posted by Dennis C
Sounds great that you've made your decision. Good luck finding "the one"! My 997 turbo was a cabriolet, and it was a really nice car to drive with the top down. The back seats are tight, but not totally useless. Here's a quick shot my niece and nephew going out for a ride.

Nice! Which interior color is that?

I should add a caveat to "useless" and say that's being harsh. We're tall people here, lol. I'm 6'2", my wife is 5'10. My 13 year old son is now 5'7" (holy crap!) and my 10 year old daughter is 4'8". So expectations aren't high. We got to a point in the 991 where my son couldn't sit behind my wife at all comfortably as she couldn't move up any further. My daughter could still sit behind me. We've tested a 997 coupe, although that was about 9 months ago, and that was a better fit.

The other thing to consider is that soon they will even be too large for the coupe unless we slide seats uncomfortably forward in emergencies. So in that case, do I accept the cab as being even more compromised in order to enjoy the cab?

Only way to tell is meet up with some folks or go see a car for sale and jump in and fit test!
Old 05-26-2020, 03:07 PM
Dennis C
Rocky Mountain High
Rennlist Member

Received 1,480 Likes on 930 Posts

Thanks! That's Sand Beige interior. It went really well with the Macadamia Metallic.

The rear seats in the 997 Turbo cabriolet were not totally useless, but I certainly wouldn't want to go on a long trip with anybody back there! I'm 6'4" and my wife is 6'0", so generally we have the front seats all the way back. We moved them forward quite a bit for this ride.
The following users liked this post:
Needsdecaf (05-26-2020)
Old 05-27-2020, 08:57 PM
TBarrow
Racer

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts

The rear seats are unique as the tend to have a slight tilt forward. Ian no longer likes riding back there.
The following users liked this post:
Needsdecaf (05-27-2020)
Old 05-27-2020, 11:52 PM
Needsdecaf
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 2,608 Likes on 1,620 Posts

Originally Posted by TBarrow
The rear seats are unique as the tend to have a slight tilt forward. Ian no longer likes riding back there.
Yeah, same in the 991.

Quick Reply: Going back in time....considering 2012 Turbo