Notices
997 Turbo Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cool TTS GT3 upgrade F/S: anyone know this car?

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2019, 05:31 PM
raidersfan
Three Wheelin'

Received 154 Likes on 113 Posts
Default Cool TTS GT3 upgrade F/S: anyone know this car?

This was posted elsewhere and I just saw it. Cool looking car! I figured it isn't a run of the mill car with these upgrades: does anyone here own it or know about it? GT3 suspension upgrade (whatever that means), more power (tune), Sharkwerks exhaust and what look to be really nice wheels.

I am interested how it drives; I wonder how it would stack up against a GT3 of the same era (ignoring the RWD vs 4WD of course), or compared to a 991.2 C4S.

I just love that classic 997 widebody look.

https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/d...5189/overview/
Old 05-19-2019, 07:14 PM
jeebus31
Three Wheelin'

Received 422 Likes on 233 Posts

Interesting yellow/blue theme. Swedish, perhaps? It's a looker for sure.

Can't really comment first hand on how the turbo S drives, but the platform is bananas and I am sure with those upgrades it is a total beast. You need to decide whether you like the naturally aspirated engines (GT3) or the power that comes with a turbo. That will be the biggest difference between the two.
Old 05-19-2019, 07:18 PM
nzskater
Rennlist Member

Received 166 Likes on 109 Posts

Imagine the GT3 suspension is just lower control arms and maybe sway bars. You wouldn't want to put shocks and springs in (if they'd even fit), as the weight of the car is different and as you say 4WD VS 2WD.
Old 05-20-2019, 12:01 AM
pfbz
Rennlist Member

Received 2,721 Likes on 1,463 Posts

" H&R adjustable suspension, original suspension replaced by GT3 suspension from same era, "

The above statements contradict each other. There are a TON of differences between a GT car suspension and a Turbo, and I'll pretty much guarantee it isn't really a full GT suspension, which I doubt would work (even a GT2 suspension) without first doing a RWD conversion.. Seller seems to have no knowledge of what was actually done.

And at his asking price, hard pass.

As for GT3 vs Turbo S of the same era, that's a tough call... The GT's are super crisp handling, high revving, and hold their value like crazy.

But the Turbo has TORQUE and power out the wazoo... I think for street/canyon driving, most Turbo drivers switching to a GT3 would miss the Turbo power. And most GT drivers switching to a Turbo would miss the razor sharp handling lol...
Old 05-23-2019, 11:08 AM
Big Swole
Rennlist Member

Received 2,012 Likes on 1,262 Posts

I must be the only person that loves the stock clean look and ride height of a TTS over the GT3 and Areo Kit look.

I've always been more of a "Sleeper" kinda guy anyway though. Performance over looks any day!!
Old 05-23-2019, 08:56 PM
gsxrjjordan
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Common GT3 parts that would swap over would be control arms and rear sway bar, which would improve handling. H&R coilovers delete PASM so kind of a wash in my book for a street car.

I like the aqua blue metallic and the wheels, and the yellow "S" badge in the back ties together yellow PCCB calipers and yellow gauges, but could do without the tacky "I removed all the plastic pieces I could easily get to a and painted them yellow" stuff.

Originally Posted by pfbz
The above statements contradict each other. There are a TON of differences between a GT car suspension and a Turbo, and I'll pretty much guarantee it isn't really a full GT suspension, which I doubt would work (even a GT2 suspension) without first doing a RWD conversion.. Seller seems to have no knowledge of what was actually done.

And at his asking price, hard pass.
My thoughts exactly.
Old 05-23-2019, 09:04 PM
MexicoBlueTurboS
Burning Brakes

Received 227 Likes on 134 Posts

Originally Posted by Big Swole
I must be the only person that loves the stock clean look and ride height of a TTS over the GT3 and Areo Kit look.

I've always been more of a "Sleeper" kinda guy anyway though. Performance over looks any day!!

Not only sleeper looks but sleeper sound. A Turbo S even with Europipes is many times less loud than a lot of fartcan rice burners and wannabees in my area.

Why have a car make 120db to only show off it's 7 second 0-60 time ??

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=fartcan

Thankfully Massengill is sponsoring a loudest exhaust competition in my area where the winner gets a lifetime of douching products while all of the runner-ups will have their cars and themselves neutered.

Yes I feel strongly about this. LOL

PS - yes the Swedish is strong with this one but it's better priced at < $100k.

Quick Reply: Cool TTS GT3 upgrade F/S: anyone know this car?