Sponsored by:

Suspension mod recommendations/best sway bars 997.2 turbo

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2019, 09:08 PM
ca86108
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Suspension mod recommendations/best sway bars 997.2 turbo

I am looking to upgrade my suspension in my 997.2 turbo s. I installed h and r springs and felt like it ruined the handling. How can I further improve on it? Would sway bars be the next step? With the springs the car doesnt feel as stiff.
Old 02-07-2019, 11:49 PM
808c2s
Burning Brakes

Received 463 Likes on 188 Posts

IMO, one of the best mod suspension is the DSC Controller. Improves the handling of the car quite nicely.
Old 02-09-2019, 03:16 AM
nzskater
Rennlist Member

Received 173 Likes on 113 Posts

I went DSC, GMG springs, GT2RS rear sway and GT3 lower control arms up front, feels much better. Don't know much about the H&R but have read mixed reviews.
Old 02-11-2019, 12:50 PM
ShatterPoints
Instructor

Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts

No. Springs are the main thing you need to sort out. You put lowering springs on the car keeping OE dampers? You have changed the amount of suspension travel you have (Reduced it) in your case. You could try and get a set of shorter dampers to help with not bottoming out (which might be why you feel the ride is harsh). Unfortunately the lower you go the more stiffness is added to the ride because you have less suspension travel. Roll bars will add stiffness to the ride and as their name entails resist cross axle roll, and contributes the most to overall roll stiffness compared to the springs and dampers per end of the car. Its hard to find actual data for spring rates but from what I can find is OE trubo spring rates are 188lbs front 342 rear, and H&R are 228 front and 485 rear. You could go with a taller shock used with some tender springs which would help reduce perceived harshness, or try the DSC module and dial out or reduce max damping forces at a particular speed. The issue with the DSC is it evaluates re-actively and cannot predict conditions. You'll have a harsh initial response, or to any large amplitude short duration bumps will feel harsh, but more steady state and lower amplitude bumps will feel less harsh as you'd have less overall damping at those velocities. Either way your main goal right now is to reduce harshness while keeping your sporty ride. Adding stiffness in other areas will not improve an already stiff / harsh ride as you perceive it.

Quick Reply: Suspension mod recommendations/best sway bars 997.2 turbo