Sponsored by:

My Painted Lower Body Parts are On, Including Aerokit Front Spoiler

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2018, 08:50 PM
usrodeo4
Three Wheelin'

Received 583 Likes on 326 Posts
Default My Painted Lower Body Parts are On, Including Aerokit Front Spoiler

OMGoodness Gracious She looks Elegant and Badass...Hyper Happy with the results, just what I had pictured in my mind. All OEM factory parts; Aerokit front spoiler, side sills, and rear valances. Lowered with H&R springs with OEM sized HRE P101 Wheels and Michelin SC2 Tires...oh yeah 700WHP too.

Many thanks to the Owner, Gavin and the Tech's at AutoQuest MotorSports in Ft. Myers and also John formerly of AQ MS. Also a big thank you to Sam at ByDesign for his encyclopedic knowledge of all things P car TT and his tunes. I should have her shipped back to me on this Thursday or Friday...Yippee! PPF going on the new painted bits for sure...looks like Nov. 15th will be the 3 week paint cure date so after that I can get the PPF on and actually driver her on the open roads. Edit: 11/15/2018 Still waiting...the remote Tunes/troubleshooting/datalogging process is more time consuming than I/we expected but things are progressing towards the finish line. The 93 octane tune was pretty close yesterday and Sam thinks the E85 tune will go fairly quickly with our baseline. Got my fingers crossed I will have her back by next Tuesday or Wednesday but the process will dictate the completion date.

Last edited by usrodeo4; 11-15-2018 at 03:47 PM.
Old 11-05-2018, 09:43 PM
sfbanchs
Rennlist Member

Received 86 Likes on 52 Posts

looks sharp love a guards 997TT with the painted bits
Old 11-05-2018, 10:55 PM
buffalosojah
Rennlist Member

Received 70 Likes on 36 Posts

Looks great. Do they repaint the original sills and valance, or you have to order new ones?
Old 11-06-2018, 11:34 AM
lliejk
Three Wheelin'

Received 389 Likes on 275 Posts

Sharp looking vehicle, really pristine!

Ed
Old 11-06-2018, 11:40 AM
usrodeo4
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by buffalosojah
Looks great. Do they repaint the original sills and valance, or you have to order new ones?
Thanks...and no the originals are all black urethane and not paintable. You have to order the OEM paintable pieces and have them painted. I got mine at Suncoast parts. I also got the OEM aerokit front spoiler there too...just wish they had the aerokit factory rear spoiler, but those are like finding a needle in a haystack. DS2 does make a factory look alike in CF, so looks like that is on my future shopping list.
Old 11-06-2018, 02:27 PM
4ocious
Three Wheelin'

Received 161 Likes on 111 Posts

Beautiful, love a GR car (I am biased!). One inexpensive suggestion, change your side markers from yellow to clear.
Old 11-06-2018, 02:49 PM
usrodeo4
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by 4ocious
Beautiful, love a GR car (I am biased!). One inexpensive suggestion, change your side markers from yellow to clear.
Right now I like "inexpensive" haha...thanks for the suggestion, yeah that does look nice. Where would be a good source? I assume they Not OEM?
Old 11-06-2018, 04:33 PM
TTG
Rennlist Member

Received 111 Likes on 75 Posts

Originally Posted by usrodeo4
Right now I like "inexpensive" haha...thanks for the suggestion, yeah that does look nice. Where would be a good source? I assume they Not OEM?
Car looks great.

Only N. American cars come with orange reflectors where rest of the world gets clear ones.

SunCoast carries OEM clear ones.

Old 11-06-2018, 06:42 PM
usrodeo4
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by TTG
Car looks great.

Only N. American cars come with orange reflectors where rest of the world gets clear ones.

SunCoast carries OEM clear ones.
Thanks and thank you for the info about orange vs clear...nice tidbit...this is my first P car so I am pretty much a neophyte.
Old 11-06-2018, 07:45 PM
dz997 tts
Racer

Received 53 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by usrodeo4
Thanks and thank you for the info about orange vs clear...nice tidbit...this is my first P car so I am pretty much a neophyte.
car looks great ! i'm really impressed how quickly you got all your mods finished. a couple more paint options - headlight washers body color and mirror attach points body color (from black ). it will be really tough to keep that front lip from scraping , i want to get mine repainted but know it won't last. enjoy your turbo !
Old 11-09-2018, 12:22 AM
usrodeo4
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by dz997 tts
car looks great ! i'm really impressed how quickly you got all your mods finished. a couple more paint options - headlight washers body color and mirror attach points body color (from black ). it will be really tough to keep that front lip from scraping , i want to get mine repainted but know it won't last. enjoy your turbo !
I believe my headlight washers are the body color if I am not mistaken....as to the mirror bases, I just noticed that myself yesterday but I really like how it looks with the black base so they are staying. Right now the only other mod I am pursuing is a rear aerokit wing/decklid. At some point, after some further research, I am planning to get a new Kenwood or Alpine "radio/nav/entertainment" head but still trying to understand the OEM Bose electronics and what the different options are.

As for the aerokit spoiler scraping, especially as my car is lowered now, I hear that Lima Charlie. I live in Cocoa Beach, which is flat as a pancake, and east central Florida in general is notoriously flat, but while my P car has been in the shop the last 4 weeks (I won't get her back til the end of next week, so 5 weeks total) I have been paying attention to where I normally drive. Looks like I will be good to go for all my typical routes/roads/parking lots I use on a regular basis and I have taken note of a couple points of circumvention so I will generally be free of harmful situations. But of course it is the out of the way places that catch you off guard, but I am a bit **** about that stuff so I feel like I will be okay. And as the owner of a 2000 Ford Mustang Cobra R model, which has a very large splitter I am fully in tune with never bumping the spoiler against a curb when parking...so I think I will be okay (famous last words of lowered cars with spoilers...haha)...I am hoping the fact that the aerokit spoiler is about the least aggressive spoiler available will help the cause. Having said that, I did barely scrape the OEM urethane "spoiler" a couple times pulling out of my driveway to my home in Orlando (I spend 99% of my time at the beach condo in Cocoa Beach) so when I take the P car to the Orlando house I will probably need to have a couple 2X8's to place over the gutter curb just to be 100% safe. Anyway I have a plan.

Last edited by usrodeo4; 11-09-2018 at 12:42 AM.

Quick Reply: My Painted Lower Body Parts are On, Including Aerokit Front Spoiler