Sponsored by:

Centerlock Wheel Cap options

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2018, 04:10 PM
kpl
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Centerlock Wheel Cap options

Does anyone know if anyone makes centerlock wheel caps without the porsche logo? I had two stolen and would rather just get a set with no logo so that doesn't happen again.
Old 10-15-2018, 04:33 PM
paulfdunn
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It is possible they were not stolen, but just came out. On the track, it seems they come out quite frequently; to the point that some people I know just remove them to not lose them.

In which case, logo or not, they may sometimes disappear.
Old 10-15-2018, 11:14 PM
djillusion
Instructor

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by kpl
Does anyone know if anyone makes centerlock wheel caps without the porsche logo? I had two stolen and would rather just get a set with no logo so that doesn't happen again.
I haven’t seen any without the Porsche logo. I have 3 sets of CL caps myself for my CL wheels (OEM and HREs).

They aren’t cheap esp for being center caps, so keep an eye out for ones for sale here-and-there.
Old 10-16-2018, 12:03 AM
kpl
Racer

Originally Posted by paulfdunn
It is possible they were not stolen, but just came out. On the track, it seems they come out quite frequently; to the point that some people I know just remove them to not lose them.

In which case, logo or not, they may sometimes disappear.
They were stolen. I've had friends have caps taken from other sports cars while parked. Running without them is a bad idea, as you really don't want dirt and grime getting in there.
Old 10-16-2018, 09:05 PM
atcbi5
Banned

Received 106 Likes on 83 Posts

Wonderful society we live in. Someone should come up with a “Ring” type camera for cars. Catch them in the act.
Old 10-26-2018, 06:15 PM
kpl
Racer

Here is what I came up with as I couldn't find anyone that makes a set without the logo.

I made them with a "Super Casting Kit" from Alumilite, and found some rubber O-rings that are close to the size of the originals at a local hardware store.
The following users liked this post:
Captain_ (02-05-2021)
Old 10-26-2018, 07:55 PM
Brainz
Rennlist Member

Received 129 Likes on 102 Posts

Nice job!
Old 10-30-2018, 02:48 PM
kpl
Racer

I noticed on the factory replacement caps I received that the rubber O-rings now seem to be a different material. Besides the color, instead of a black they are grey, they feel different. With the new o-rings they sure fit way tighter, so maybe these O-rings should be considered a maintenance item, replacing them every 5 years or so. They are subject to a lot of the heat cycling when you think about it.

Quick Reply: Centerlock Wheel Cap options