Sponsored by:

BBi Slave review

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2018, 09:44 AM
skyak
Rennlist Member

Received 32 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by Bushrat
Is it mated to a BBI slave? Improves drivability over a stock master? If so, how ? Where did you purchase and at what cost. Have contacted SRM via email and have yet to get a response. Looking for experience as I only want to do this job once. Bought the car a few years ago, drove it for a season then pulled the engine & transmission for maintenance and mods. New parts included a new stock slave and accumulator. Since then the clutch has been unacceptably light. Guess the old parts were on the way out but felt a whole lot better than a new system.
Yes with a BBI slave. I had a GT2 master previously which also worked well, but the SRM improves engagement / modulation. I purchased through my local shop. Note that I have a RPS clutch. What clutch are you planning on using? Where are you located?
Old 10-14-2018, 01:13 PM
Bushrat
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by skyak
Yes with a BBI slave. I had a GT2 master previously which also worked well, but the SRM improves engagement / modulation. I purchased through my local shop. Note that I have a RPS clutch. What clutch are you planning on using? Where are you located?
Clutch in place is an oem out of a 2007 GT3. Live on Vancouver island BC Canada
Old 10-14-2018, 01:39 PM
Alapor
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Interested in the SRM master too. Can not find it on their website. Might be the final piece of the puzzle, plus it seems it is a little adjustable. Anyone got a link to a site where you can buy one or should I contact SRM directly? Clutch is good, chatter was from weak mounts. Let it sit for 3 days and the clutch squeak is gone. Go figure.
Old 10-14-2018, 02:32 PM
Bushrat
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Alapor
Interested in the SRM master too. Can not find it on their website. Might be the final piece of the puzzle, plus it seems it is a little adjustable. Anyone got a link to a site where you can buy one or should I contact SRM directly? Clutch is good, chatter was from weak mounts. Let it sit for 3 days and the clutch squeak is gone. Go figure.
Should you locate a distributor for the SRM would appreciate that info.

Quick Reply: BBi Slave review