Notices
997 Turbo Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Will Speedster Front Spoiler Lip Fit 997.2 Turbo S??

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2018, 05:06 AM
bettercallsalkin
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Will Speedster Front Spoiler Lip Fit 997.2 Turbo S??

As we all know, the front chin spoiler is basically disposable, especially if you've modified the suspension. Does anyone know what other OEM options there are for 997.2 Turbos? The Speedster/Sport Classic lip is gorgeous and doesn't hang quite as low. Does anyone know if it will fit or is the front of the turbo much wider? Worst case, I buy it and let you all know : )

Old 09-18-2018, 11:22 PM
TBarrow
Racer

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts

Just looking at mine vs the speedster. The bumper on the speedster looks to have more curve. I would bet its close but the turbo would be a little wider. I have looked for parts cross reference and have not foud that it works either.
Old 09-18-2018, 11:26 PM
TBarrow
Racer

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts

Update... I found this.

Replacement spoiler lip from the Speedster and Sport Classic model, this is also an upgrade or compatible with models listed below. Comes in primer, must be painted to match.Fitment (2009+):
  • Carrera GTS model
  • 911 Sport Classic
  • 911 Speedster
  • Carrera models with Aerokit Package
  • Carrera models with Sport Design Bumper
  • Not compatible with the standard bumper
Old 09-19-2018, 12:31 AM
bettercallsalkin
AutoX

Originally Posted by TBarrow
Update... I found this.

Replacement spoiler lip from the Speedster and Sport Classic model, this is also an upgrade or compatible with models listed below. Comes in primer, must be painted to match.Fitment (2009+):
  • Carrera GTS model
  • 911 Sport Classic
  • 911 Speedster
  • Carrera models with Aerokit Package
  • Carrera models with Sport Design Bumper
  • Not compatible with the standard bumper
Thank you for this. I really appreciate you taking the time. I guess the question is whether or not the GTS or any of the listed front bumpers are close to or the same width as the Turbo. I might roll the dice and get one and see if it fits within the window for return at the parts dept. I know it likely produces less downforce but I'm not tracking the car. My reasoning for wanting to try this in lieu of the standard lip is to prevent so much scraping (my car has suspension mods) and to do something different.

Can anyone tell me if the GTS or any of these listed models have the same front bumper width as the Turbo? I'm not opposed to slightly modifying the lip to make it fit.
Old 09-19-2018, 01:35 PM
phillipj
Drifting

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I'm quite sure you would need to upgrade the front Bumper cover. It won't fit the turbo. My friend upgraded his 997 4S and changed out the bumper cover..That speedster lip would not fit on his standard cover. So it definitely won't fit the turbo
Old 10-21-2018, 03:32 AM
bettercallsalkin
AutoX

Default Where there is a will, there is a way...

Where there is a will, there is a way... I consulted my dudes at BBi ( https://www.bbiautosport.com/ )and they pulled out their magic wand and made it happen. Upon my arrival, Charles and Betim called down their go-to bodywork guys from https://www.bellsautosport.com/. They were there in like 10 minutes to devise a plan. I bought a factory Speedster lip to see if it fit... it came up about 2-3 inches short on each side. So BBi gave me a turbo lip they had laying around the shop (free of charge) and let me slice and dice it to make the Speedster lip longer. There was more involved but that's the condensed version of the story. Before, during and after pics below.

The most notable part of this whole experience is the professionalism, quality, courtesy, expertise and willingness to make a customer happy from BBi and Bell's Autosport. All of this took place in about 2 days while BBi did some maintenance on the car itself. The killer part was that the lip project, start to finish cost me basically the same amount of money as a primed Turbo lip from the Porsche parts counter before the cost of being painted. I'd like to mention that I used to do bodywork and know great work when I see it. I have an extremely high standard of expectation and I am blown away with how great this turned out.

BBi and Bell's have a customer for life. Thank you to Charles, Betim, Dimitri, Bell's crew and anyone I am forgetting (I'm bad with names).

Before w/factory painted Turbo Lip

Grafting a factory Speedster lip with the ends of the Turbo Lip and Turbo mounting points/tabs.

Grafting a factory Speedster lip with the ends of the Turbo Lip and Turbo mounting points/tabs.

Bespoke, One-off Speedster Lip installed.

Old 10-23-2018, 12:44 PM
Tombstone4478
Rennlist Member

Received 310 Likes on 81 Posts

looks great
Old 10-23-2018, 01:23 PM
Vital Signs
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Too bad you couldn't use it to make a mold and start producing for ebay
Old 10-23-2018, 03:59 PM
bettercallsalkin
AutoX

Thanks!
Old 10-23-2018, 04:00 PM
bettercallsalkin
AutoX

Not a bad idea....
Old 10-23-2018, 11:32 PM
usrodeo4
Three Wheelin'

Received 583 Likes on 326 Posts

Well done, looks spot on...btw I like your centerlock wheels and the PCCB...very nice TT P car dude. Kinda funny though, I am doing the opposite; going factory front painted aerokit spoiler/lip and having my car lowered with H&R springs (along with a boatload of other upgrades) and while the car is away going under the knife I am driving around Cocoa Beach in my jeep doing Recon on everywhere I usually drive to develop a plan of attack to keep my front end clean...lol. Here mine is lowered but before the aerokit spoiler/lip.

Old 05-16-2019, 12:15 PM
Eithel Rotschild
1st Gear

Speedster spoiler lip on the Turbo! The Turbo looks like a delicate ***** now. You are losing the title of the word Turbo. You think the Porsche 997 Turbo designers hadn't tried what you have done? Observe the entire car like a critic, look at the size and shape of the side air intakes, shape of head lights and side lights, width of the rear, analyze the design of the wheels & really get into observing everything. Now look at the Speedster spoiler lip on the Turbo, and for last look at the Speedster: https://sanfranciscosportscars.com/v...-911-speedster There are people who cure their stress by lying to them self, and others who have the money to get what they want.

Quick Reply: Will Speedster Front Spoiler Lip Fit 997.2 Turbo S??