Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

997.2 Turbo Aftermarket exhaust Question

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2018, 06:28 PM
TT Surgeon
Race Director

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Gotcha, my only experience with aftermarket valved exhaust were they tended to be loud and louder. IPE seems like a good option, good luck.
Old 07-18-2018, 06:38 PM
TxTurboBill
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by atcbi5

Very nice!! I got Belgium Beer and two pint glasses! Guy is a freaking class act! I actually ordered it Wednesday and it was at the house Saturday.
Originally Posted by 911.Forever
I believe Akrapovic has a bumper exhaust pocket filler for some of their products. Not sure if fitment works on your system, or not.
Originally Posted by Rambler_13
Does Europipe make a version that does not resemble the stock exhaust ports? In addition to sound, changing the look of the stock exhaust was a must have for me. I much prefer the quad circular tips over the stock tips.

that’s the beauty of Europipe, they are too smart to provide Tips, everybody has their own tastes. I’m going with Soul logo deletes for my Europipe
Old 07-18-2018, 06:53 PM
TxTurboBill
Rennlist Member

Here are my Soul logo delete, brushed finish on stock system awaiting the Europipe
Old 07-18-2018, 06:54 PM
atcbi5
Banned

Received 104 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by TxTurboBill

that’s the beauty of Europipe, they are too smart to provide Tips, everybody has their own tastes. I’m going with Soul logo deletes for my Europipe
I have those! I removed them because I got bored. They sound great.

Last edited by atcbi5; 07-21-2018 at 11:03 AM.
Old 07-18-2018, 07:32 PM
TxTurboBill
Rennlist Member

I hear you, I can’t get those Techarts out of the back of my mind, if they had logo delete I’d be pulling the trigger
Old 07-18-2018, 10:51 PM
Big Swole
Rennlist Member

Received 2,012 Likes on 1,262 Posts

My Europipe stage 1 shipped yesterday, signed by Stef! Should arrive Tuesday. He gave me some additional advise since I will be doing the install myself.

That's Awesome brother! Let us know how you like it!

BTW, What else came in the box (white box)?? I have the original box my EP came in (previous owner) with the stock exhaust in it, but nothing else. Did it come with some kind of a tool or something or just hardware for mounting?
Old 07-19-2018, 09:37 AM
TxTurboBill
Rennlist Member

Exhaust system comes with new turbo studs and nuts, new gaskets and tools.
Old 07-19-2018, 10:22 AM
Big Swole
Rennlist Member

Exhaust system comes with new turbo studs and nuts, new gaskets and tools.
Sorry for the secondary question, but what kind of "Tools"?
Just need to know If it's something I'll ever need in the future, because I didn't get it from the previous owner.
Doubt I'll ever take it off, but more so for a new owner if they ask for it (hopefully no time future).

Thank you,

David
Old 07-19-2018, 11:17 AM
atcbi5
Banned

The little wrench and extension were useful to me. I have removed the exhaust several times for repair work. The offset tool I use for everything else on the car. Steff will send you a set if you ask. The ceramic cream is ALWAYS used on the system! The package contains the hardware. I had bought a new set for an exhaust that is “highly acclaimed” but I won’t mention the brand but it’s nowhere near or will ever be in quality, sound and aesthetics.
Old 07-19-2018, 12:21 PM
Rambler_13
Burning Brakes

Received 91 Likes on 59 Posts

Not really that smart since I would purposely rule them out for this reason.
Old 07-19-2018, 02:10 PM
911.Forever
Racer

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts

Too many cars and too many mods over too many years. Off the shelf is tough for me, so I fabbed my own tips using parts from others and muffler pipe, so they sat correctly, maintained the proper angle and connected properly to the X-pipe. Still a fan of dual, or the quad look. Sometimes the bolt on option just does not work. Doing your own work is to a large percentage of us, half the fun of owning a car to begin with.
Old 07-19-2018, 06:40 PM
Big Swole
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by atcbi5

The little wrench and extension were useful to me. I have removed the exhaust several times for repair work. The offset tool I use for everything else on the car. Steff will send you a set if you ask. The ceramic cream is ALWAYS used on the system! The package contains the hardware. I had bought a new set for an exhaust that is “highly acclaimed” but I won’t mention the brand but it’s nowhere near or will ever be in quality, sound and aesthetics.
Thanks brother. I'll have to see if he'll send me a set. Just in case.

David

Old 07-19-2018, 08:08 PM
atcbi5
Banned

That’s one thing I would love to learn to do. MIG and TIG welding! Seen one of my peers design stuff prototypes etc. I always go to his home and see what he is up to. He made a custom exhaust scale for a 1/4 scale model Spitfire I use to fly at radio control competitions.
Old 07-20-2018, 12:11 PM
TxTurboBill
Rennlist Member

If they designed a set of tips to go with their system and 40% of perspective buyers didn’t care for them, they could loose sales to those who will make a purchase decision based on aesthetics alone. Since their exhaust system design works with stock tips, there are many tips on the market to choose from and get the best of both worlds.
Old 07-20-2018, 12:38 PM
Rambler_13
Burning Brakes

Received 91 Likes on 59 Posts

If they designed a set of tips to go with their system and 40% of perspective buyers didn’t care for them, they could loose sales to those who will make a purchase decision based on aesthetics alone. Since their exhaust system design works with stock tips, there are many tips on the market to choose from and get the best of both worlds.
Or they could just offer both options like many other of the manufacturers do. Personally, I didn't want to deal with buying an exhaust from 1 manufacturer and tips from another and then have to be mindful of potential fitment issues.

Quick Reply: 997.2 Turbo Aftermarket exhaust Question