Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My Datalog - Timing Question

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2020, 04:55 PM
Ruskiy
Burning Brakes

Received 196 Likes on 130 Posts

What you’re describing is ignition tip-in retard most likely. Some car engines such as EVO’s knock when you punch it, so depending on your throttle rate (Stab) it’ll pull a set amount of timing. Your ‘tip-in’ compensation table is configured to reduce a set amount of ignition at a specific throttle opening rate. Tip-in retard decay will then reintroduce regular timing, say over 20ms.

Last edited by Ruskiy; 09-16-2020 at 12:05 PM.
Old 09-18-2020, 01:27 PM
thekash
AutoX

Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks everyone for all the help! I finally ended up taking it into AMS Performance, great guys did a great job!

They were able to get a few more HP out of the car from the COBB Stage 2 tune and decrease the knock issue. It looks like they were saying that its related to heat-soak and recommended upgraded IC's to combat the problem. They created two new maps for me, a lower torque safe version of the tune and then a high torque version that is good for a few hard pulls before heat soak. it seems to kick in and knocks go up again, but nowhere near what the OTS tune was throwing, -4/-5 maybe. I'm running the safe one of course and so far the car definitely feels much better than the OTS Cobb tunes. Highly recommend these guys if you're in the ChicagoLand area.

i've attached the dyne reports, like others have said they got it to about 500hp and 570torque on the safe tune and 505hp and 670torque on the high torque tune, which was very impressive i think. They asked me to keep pulling data and they will make some additional adjustments if needed as well, especially if i decide to do a cat delete or IC upgrade. I may do a cat delete, but i'd rather keep the car as stock as possible to likely will not do the IC as i'm not tracking the car or anything.

Hopefully this will help someone else down the road in the same boat as me. I still do occasionally get the -1/-2 knock reading on a random hard pull but definitely much better and cleaner than before.

Let me know what you think of the Dyno reports!
Attached Images
File Type: pdf
Porsche Dyno.pdf (286.8 KB, 48 views)
File Type: pdf
Porsche Dyno2.pdf (311.1 KB, 42 views)

Last edited by thekash; 09-18-2020 at 01:28 PM.

Quick Reply: My Datalog - Timing Question