Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums (https://rennlist.com/forums/)
-   997 Turbo Forum (https://rennlist.com/forums/997-turbo-forum-139/)
-   -   Poll: 997.2 Turbo S exhaust choice (https://rennlist.com/forums/997-turbo-forum/1055791-poll-997-2-turbo-s-exhaust-choice.html)

Turbo Racer 03-08-2018 10:25 PM

Poll: 997.2 Turbo S exhaust choice

Hi everyone!I just got my new turbo S to me and I love it! I am currently trying to decide on whether not I should add an aftermarket exhaust. I’ve done a lot of searches and reviewed tons of threads on the subject and have talked to a few people already but I want to put it out there for the board to see what people think. I have thought that I have never down to either a car graphic loud exhaust or a euro pipe exhaust. So I decided to post a pool with the choices of cartographic, euro pipe, leave it stock, or something else. What do you golfing?

Rambler_13 03-08-2018 11:49 PM

After listening endlessly to sound clips and wanting to stay catted, I went with the AWE 3" exhaust. I just ordered it and delivery is a few weeks out.

TBarrow 03-09-2018 12:13 AM

I have 200 cell cats and Tubi Street Exhaust. I really like it.

650kid 03-09-2018 08:27 AM

I have AWE 3” and could not be happier. Top notch quality, top notch sound. Also gives you optionality should you want to go catless at any point or use stock tips.

quattrodoc 03-09-2018 10:05 AM

I went with FVD Loud on mine. Very happy with it.... Rhonda is great if you have any questions as well

cyclrder 03-09-2018 04:32 PM

Mine came with a full Fabspeed system... it is fine but I think I would do the sharkwerks system....

but it while you are deciding... go and add the DSC suspension module.... 5 min DIY. Install and all the difference in the world...same with a COBB.

Whosdady 03-09-2018 07:01 PM

I currently have a BBI with high flow cats and love it. Prior to that I had the FVD and liked it as well. Sounds much deeper than stock with some added power. The nice thing about it was, I got to keep my oem cats and tips.

I still have my fvd exhaust and will likely put it up for sale in a couple of weeks if interested.

Turbo Racer 03-09-2018 07:53 PM

Great feedback everyone. Looking forward to hearing more. What do you like/don’t like etc? Is there drone? Are you running stock or modded ecu?

butzigear 03-09-2018 09:07 PM

Originally Posted by gbooth (Post 14858761)
Great feedback everyone. Looking forward to hearing more. What do you like/don’t like etc? Is there drone? Are you running stock or modded ecu?

congrats on the new ride! Great reaponses, there are so many great options for the 997TT. If you have a chance take a look at Kline exhausts. They have a few different combos for the 997TT and can fine tune the sound profile from sporty to medium to full blown aggressive. With careful combinations of pipe diameter, cats, mufflers, x pipes etc we can minimize drone and keep the exhaust tame and FREE a flowing! Depending on what you are looking for we can pretty much make a perfect set up. I can also set you up with some custom tuning and supporting mods as well as answer any of your questions. Please feel free to contact me, I’d love to discuss and help you out.

Turbo Racer 03-10-2018 10:03 PM

I will definitely look into that. I would ideally like to hear the exhausts in person.

Rambler_13 03-10-2018 11:38 PM

OP, keep in mind too that as you get recommendations or listen to sound clips, make sure they are for the 997.2 as the 9A1 sounds notably different than the Mezger. In other words, exhaust A may sound great with the Mezger but meh with the 9A1, or vice versa.

What's Next? 03-11-2018 03:03 AM

Check out Speedtech exhausts they sound great

butzigear 03-11-2018 05:43 AM

Originally Posted by gbooth (Post 14860931)
I will definitely look into that. I would ideally like to hear the exhausts in person.

Feel free to shoot me a message with your location and I’ll go through my contacts and network to see who’s in your area with which exhaust so you can potentially listen to a couple first hand. I’ll also send you some links to setups I’ve worked with. As far as 997.2 the last car I had at the shop had a BBI set up on it as well as bigger turbos and it sounded badass.

D.Kinsey 03-11-2018 06:55 PM

Speedtech is pretty damn nice, sounds great and looks great! I'm always being asked about it.

onefastman 03-11-2018 07:09 PM

On my last 997.2 turbo I had a 3” catless speedtech and loved it!

my current car came with a full (headers) catless IPE system.

For daily driving the valves are really, really nice to have.

Id pick up the used unit on 6 speed if I were you.