Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Coilovers Rear Top Shock Access?

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2018, 01:15 AM
theplings
Racer

Received 25 Likes on 18 Posts
Default Coilovers Rear Top Shock Access?

Curious if anyone has installed coilovers that have adjustability that is accessed from the top of the shock mount - looking at other install pictures it seems like the rear interior and Bose speakers have to come out to access this.

For adjustability down the road curious if anyone has done any modifications so this can still be accessed easily?

Hope I'm making sense and don't worry I'm not doing the install
Old 01-17-2018, 11:41 AM
Catorce
Banned

Received 73 Likes on 45 Posts

Takes 5 minutes to remove the sub, incredibly easy. Access to the towers is just underneath, need to pull out two insulation plugs. Very fast job.
Old 01-17-2018, 11:51 AM
theplings
Racer

Originally Posted by Catorce
Takes 5 minutes to remove the sub, incredibly easy. Access to the towers is just underneath, need to pull out two insulation plugs. Very fast job.
Do the rear seats have to come out?

Would you suggest leaving it apart while I make a futile attempt to "dial in" the shocks? That's kind of what I was thinking if some disassembly is required for access.
Old 01-17-2018, 11:57 AM
Catorce
Banned

Received 73 Likes on 45 Posts

No, you fold the seats down, then you pry off the bose covers. Underneath these you have two torx screws that hold the sub in place. Yes, you can leave the sub out if you want. I don;t even have the sub in my car (bazooka tube instead). The factory finished it suitably underneath for sub deletes.

Super, super easy.
Old 01-17-2018, 11:59 AM
theplings
Racer

Originally Posted by Catorce
No, you fold the seats down, then you pry off the bose covers. Underneath these you have two torx screws that hold the sub in place. Yes, you can leave the sub out if you want. I don;t even have the sub in my car (bazooka tube instead). The factory finished it suitably underneath for sub deletes.

Super, super easy.
Awesome, thanks so much for the info!

Quick Reply: Coilovers Rear Top Shock Access?