Sponsored by:

Great while it lasted - Parts for sale

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2017, 02:11 AM
dbeck84
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Great while it lasted - Parts for sale

Of course the only night since purchase I was not speeding I come over a hill to see two large deer directly in front of me. Couldn't get the power to the wheels fast enough and i got to learn why people says its the best handling car until it isnt. - Turbo, off camber, downhill - gently reduce acceleration and your fine, think about the brakes and find out down force is more important than fuel to this car. - cant believe how violently out of control going only 35 mph. less than a mile my house - fun country road i take at least once a week over 100 mph without ever even needing to borrow an inch of the other lane. Broke every rule -summer tires for one week too long and drove them when under 40, aceeleraed into then broke mid turn, aws only works whenthe wheels are rotating. First wreck ever and had to total my favorite car in the most boring way possible.

Good news is that while the car was a loss - everything from drivers seat back was untouched. Engine, transmission, 2.5 inch Speed tech x pipe with 200 cel cats, muffler bypasss and quad black tips are pristine. If no one is interested in some or all the parts I figure what better motor to keep for a 72 911 resto mod when i can find a nice roller fora good price.
Insurance was amazing- good sign that 997s are going in the right direction - 15kmore than paid for it 2 years ago. Price based on all non auction sales in the past 6 months with 5k miles in either direction. small sample size but let me give them 35% back to keep the car and just about break even on the purchase price. It was by far my favorite car ive owned and i either wanted to make sure it has many more roads to tear through ahead. I have no idea when ill get around to taking on that project so i figured at the price even if i sold it for half what they cost online im still coming out ahead and one or a couple members get part of or the entire power plant for what will is a top 10 all time engine.
I dont do this for a living and honestly i probably not the person who should be doing this. i have an amazing mechanic who can answer any questions or provide any documents you need, i wont selli piece by piece but would brake apart the ehaust, engine, transmission, seats then small items like
- new durametiric with all 3 vins unused for 275
- factory turbo wheels with new winter tires rims have 3k miles on them (standard 19 inch bladed 5 spoke turbo wheels and the tires were 1600. I want to say Bridgestone??? but there are only two snow tires made these and the Pirreeli. I dont like the Pirrelli so went with these. 3k seems fair but i have no need for them so make a reasonable offer
- Datalgger and ECU tune from Kevin at ETG. Kevin -- if reading i dont know what you policy is on resale. You have been awseome so if you dont want these sold ill ship back to you at no cost.
In general that sums it up - ive met a lot of grett people on this site, developed a deep appreciation for these cars and saw a chance to let mine live on, help some members get expensive parts for half the price and i should come out ahead enough that its worth the effort but im not looking to make as much as possible here.
PM me if you have interest or can think of anythign i might not be addressing. i bought everything you can buy for a 2008 Turbo and kept the OEM parts so if you need anything stock or aftermarket from the seats back send me a note and ill let you know what i have. Im sure you can appreciate the logistics of shipping car parts is crazy expensive and is harder than shippinga whole car. Only mention because i do have a 100 hour a week job and if this cuts into that and im only seeing offers less than half what that would cost anywhere else keeping that would only help me justify to my wife keeping this for someday to come. She has been amazing that the factory exhaust became a temp coffee table, and OEM rims were wall mounted over the hood of her range rover - not to keen on an engine taking up 1/3rd the garage as i am so i will absolutely blame you by name dor making me keep it
With that - keep enjoying them. I have a V8 Vantage as my safe slow car while in time out so i cant say im really roughing it but it does speak to how great of a car that was. I never thought i could buy an aston and how spoiled that i was able to as a runner up.
Cheers and thanks everyone who helped me learn everything i did the past few years. i look forward to rejoining the club once ive learned to enjoy responsibly.
Devin
Old 11-12-2017, 05:31 AM
ctony66
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That sucks bro. Sorry to hear that.
Old 11-12-2017, 10:32 AM
SJJ28
Rennlist Member

Received 88 Likes on 43 Posts

Glad you’re ok! Cars are replaceable.

Did your car have a leather center console?
Old 11-12-2017, 11:40 AM
Akunob
Rennlist Member

Received 896 Likes on 569 Posts

Glad you're OK, GLWS!
Old 11-12-2017, 12:38 PM
2K7TTMIA
Drifting

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

sorry to hear; And that you didn't suffer any physical injury.....At least you see a positive twist to your misfortune. By purchasing the Turbo back, you can provide the rennlist member community a chance to transplant most of the salvageable items, aka an "organ donor"

Last edited by 2K7TTMIA; 11-13-2017 at 12:18 PM.
Old 11-12-2017, 07:08 PM
tguaturbo
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Glad your not hurt. Cars can be repaired, sold, totaled but your health is what’s important. Pmd you on durametric. If your car had rear Aero deck lid from factory I’m interested. 210-601-4535, thanks, Tom
Old 11-13-2017, 12:14 AM
dbeck84
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I did. full interior was black leather with black stitching.

Loved the seats. Need to find a way to convert to office chair. Ill be stopping up Tuesday if you want me to take some pictures.

Originally Posted by SJJ28
Glad you’re ok! Cars are replaceable.

Did your car have a leather center console?
Old 11-13-2017, 08:49 AM
SJJ28
Rennlist Member

Received 88 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by dbeck84
I did. full interior was black leather with black stitching.

Loved the seats. Need to find a way to convert to office chair. Ill be stopping up Tuesday if you want me to take some pictures.
I’d be interested in the center console if it’s something you’d like to sell. Thanks
Old 11-13-2017, 10:52 AM
Bskyoon
Instructor

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Sorry about your loss

At least you're ok, deer kill people at lesser speeds around here.

Interested in cup holder assembly if its not a PITA to access...
Old 11-13-2017, 12:29 PM
austx911S
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Condolences. Glad you are ok.
Old 11-13-2017, 03:43 PM
32krazy!
Drifting

Received 32 Likes on 24 Posts

how about a 997tt in midnite blue that had a rear engine fire? could be a good replacement for your car with all the parts you have to salvage
Old 11-13-2017, 04:58 PM
Britzky9
Racer

Received 122 Likes on 69 Posts

Damn. Glad you are okay.
Old 11-15-2017, 02:17 AM
JSF721
Advanced

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Sorry about the car, but glad you are able to ride another day!
Old 12-07-2017, 05:38 PM
Britzky9
Racer

Received 122 Likes on 69 Posts

Originally Posted by dbeck84
Of course the only night since purchase I was not speeding I come over a hill to see two large deer directly in front of me.

Turbo, off camber, downhill - gently reduce acceleration and your fine, think about the brakes and find out down force is more important than fuel to this car. - cant believe how violently out of control going only 35 mph.

Broke every rule -summer tires for one week too long and drove them when under 40, aceeleraed into then broke mid turn, aws only works whenthe wheels are rotating.

Devin
Devin, I think about this all the time driving my car on summer tires around 40 degrees. What gear were you in? I can't fathom how the car lost grip at 35 mph.

Only reason I ask is because when I first bought my Elise, this video came out and I was like WTF?!!

So, your wreck is sort of my WTF for the TT.

Thanks!
Old 12-09-2017, 05:21 AM
Harry Da Hamster
Racer

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

I had a similar situation in rain. Hydroplaned at a really low speed, like 20 MPH. Hit a high curb and it screwed up my rims and suspension. Learned my lesson, tires need to be replaced way before they hit the wear indicators.

Do you have a full leather dash? If so, i would be interested in buying your leather defroster vents

Quick Reply: Great while it lasted - Parts for sale