Sponsored by:

Thoughts on the price of this 997 turbo

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2017, 04:08 PM
jferr2000us
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thoughts on the price of this 997 turbo

Hi everyone. I found this 2012 turbo convertible for sale. Car looks clean with low mileage. I like the car, but the price seems to be high 112k. Dealer states that its rare because its a manual and that price is in line because Porsche did not make many manual models.

car fax shows 3 owners. Dealer bought the car at Manheim auto auction in PA.

Can you give some insight on the price and value.

https://miami.craigslist.org/brw/cto...355012398.html

Thanks
Old 10-21-2017, 05:30 PM
Bxstr
Rennlist Member

Received 2,967 Likes on 2,045 Posts

Thats a rare build, I don't however think that it is worth the $112k. If it was a coupe, I could see it going for around that money or somewhere between $100-110k. Also considering it was bought at auction, I would be wondering why it wasn't sold at a dealer prior, and why they sent it to auction.

If you can justify the price, go for it, but I personally don't think it is worth that. I would say try and talk them down to $105k or so, and go from there. You also might be able to find some different online tools that will allow you to find out what they paid at auction. If they paid $90k or something then you should be able to talk them down a good bit.
Old 10-21-2017, 08:45 PM
4ocious
Three Wheelin'

Received 161 Likes on 111 Posts

Originally Posted by jferr2000us
Hi everyone. I found this 2012 turbo convertible for sale. Car looks clean with low mileage. I like the car, but the price seems to be high 112k. Dealer states that its rare because its a manual and that price is in line because Porsche did not make many manual models.

car fax shows 3 owners. Dealer bought the car at Manheim auto auction in PA.

Can you give some insight on the price and value.

https://miami.craigslist.org/brw/cto...355012398.html

Thanks
It appears to be nice well equipped car but for sale on "Craig's List" , that raises red flags for me. If it's legit its worth $95-105K but I would also have it professionally checked-out first.
Old 10-23-2017, 08:12 AM
Zeus993
Rennlist Member

Received 1,242 Likes on 573 Posts

Very very nice build but why on Craigslist? In terms of price, IF it is a pristine example, and with all the options in the car etc... and with only 15K on the odometer, the price doesn't seem that off to me. And as for being purchased at an auction? This could raise some flags but my 08 was heading to the auction as the Ferrari dealership it was at simply could not move it. I picked it up for a good price that was a huge drop below MRSP.

I you are into a beautiful, head turning, Guards Red TT cab, then this could be the one. It's worth a trip to the dealer, getting an independent PPI, a paint check etc...

Of note: People that can buy these cars new have the money to get damage repaired outside of an insurance claim and keep it off of CarFax.

Good luck! It's beautiful!
Old 10-23-2017, 02:18 PM
jferr2000us
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Funny you mention Ferrari dealer. If I am reading the car fax correct. It looks as though Ferrari Maserati Bentley Lotus of Denver brought the car to auction. Not sure why it went from CO to PA to auction, I would think there are closer auctions. Do you suggest getting a PPI / paint check done at an authorized Porsche dealer?
Old 10-23-2017, 03:11 PM
John Belk
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

I concur on the others and price range...but Craigslist listings with these cars is of concern.

If this is the car you must have then you have much work to do with protecting yourself and your money. There’s plenty of posts with suggestions.

Until you’re 100% x 2, that this deal is legit pls don’t submit a deposit. Scammers are very smart and know how to use the right words...

Awesome car, hope it works out for you...if you decide to move forward. JB

Last edited by John Belk; 10-23-2017 at 03:14 PM. Reason: Stuff

Quick Reply: Thoughts on the price of this 997 turbo