Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone re-marry their wife (TT Cab)?

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2017, 12:01 PM
Zeus993
Rennlist Member

Received 1,242 Likes on 573 Posts
Default Anyone re-marry their wife (TT Cab)?

Am I nuts?

As I have another Porsche arriving and one going out my wandering eye took me into the territory of a 2011 TTS cab, GT Silver over Red, almost the exact same car (with a few more newer bits and pieces) as my 08. I went and look at it yesterday and, I kid you not, my heart skipped a beat. Crazy heh? If I do pull something like this off, has anyone every done something like this, gone back into car you sold? That 08 was the best daily driver, one Porsche to rule them all, and I miss it. This move would require me to sell the 993 C2S and the incoming Spyder. Dealer would most likely take them both. My life would simplify in some regards but possibly be more complicated by speeding infractions etc...

It sounds like with the PTV the under steer present on my 08 has been addressed. Car & Driver described the TTS as almost feeling mid-engined.

Anyone every done such a move? Regrets? It's like remarrying your wife after a divorce. Crazy heh? But please humor me with your thoughts.
Attached Images   
Old 10-11-2017, 12:33 PM
Catorce
Banned

Received 73 Likes on 45 Posts

I have a 2009 TT GT silver over red!!! It's a coupe, but I love that color combo! DO IT!
Old 10-11-2017, 06:45 PM
John Belk
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

I guess remarrying your wife makes sense, especially if she got the house, boat, cars, bikes and especially your dog. Otherwise, you're just plowing the same pasture... Someone once said, women do not age like a good wine...just saying. (of course, I've not aged so well myself...so I'm no one to talk..ugh).

The TTS will not disappoint I will assure you, unless you're a stick guy. Plus, the color combo on this cab is just fricking beautiful!!!!

Best to you!!!! JB
Old 10-11-2017, 08:59 PM
gotgolf52
Burning Brakes

Received 58 Likes on 36 Posts

997.2TTS is a leap over 987 Spyder and a lot more car than 993 C2S. When all the novelty of rarity taken out of the equation, IMO 997.2 TTS Cab is the most beautiful car in 997 line up with the power and the boost. Good luck with your decision.
Old 10-12-2017, 12:32 AM
Steve 96C4S
Rennlist Member

Received 853 Likes on 435 Posts

You must do this, we know you must do this.... so, just DO IT man! You will be SO HAPPY you did.
Old 10-12-2017, 12:58 AM
Dennis C
Rocky Mountain High
Rennlist Member

Received 1,248 Likes on 783 Posts

So, you’re not going back to your 2008 car, just buying a similarly equipped 2011?

If that the case, then yes, I have!

When I took delivery of my brown 991 Turbo S cabriolet, my brown 997 Turbo cabriolet was sitting in the driveway. My wife really struggled to tell the difference! The turbo cabriolet really is the “one Porsche to rule them all”. The prescious....
Attached Images  
Old 10-12-2017, 04:55 AM
Quadcammer
Race Director

Received 1,371 Likes on 794 Posts

987 spyder is one of thr most fun cars porsche built. morr fun, imho, than a 7tt. id give this a lot of thought
Old 10-12-2017, 03:47 PM
Nacelle
Rennlist Member

Received 160 Likes on 78 Posts

I have a '12 TTS Coupe Platinum Silver over full Carrera Red Interior. Car Rocks....

Go for it!
Old 10-12-2017, 07:42 PM
Zeus993
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Catorce
I have a 2009 TT GT silver over red!!! It's a coupe, but I love that color combo! DO IT!
It ROCKS. Absolutely striking.

Originally Posted by John Belk
I guess remarrying your wife makes sense, especially if she got the house, boat, cars, bikes and especially your dog. Otherwise, you're just plowing the same pasture... Someone once said, women do not age like a good wine...just saying. (of course, I've not aged so well myself...so I'm no one to talk..ugh).

The TTS will not disappoint I will assure you, unless you're a stick guy. Plus, the color combo on this cab is just fricking beautiful!!!!

Best to you!!!! JB
I am a stick guy, but would hopefully keep the 993 for some rowing through the gears action.

The question is this - is the TTS FUN to drive on the twisties or is it more a fun on, warp speed straight line driver?

Originally Posted by gotgolf52
997.2TTS is a leap over 987 Spyder and a lot more car than 993 C2S. When all the novelty of rarity taken out of the equation, IMO 997.2 TTS Cab is the most beautiful car in 997 line up with the power and the boost. Good luck with your decision.
Thanks! Makes senses...

Originally Posted by Steve 96C4S
You must do this, we know you must do this.... so, just DO IT man! You will be SO HAPPY you did.
I am SO tempted...

Originally Posted by Dennis C
So, you’re not going back to your 2008 car, just buying a similarly equipped 2011?

If that the case, then yes, I have!

When I took delivery of my brown 991 Turbo S cabriolet, my brown 997 Turbo cabriolet was sitting in the driveway. My wife really struggled to tell the difference! The turbo cabriolet really is the “one Porsche to rule them all”. The prescious....
What a hoot! My wife is the same way. Still have the 997 TT?

Originally Posted by Quadcammer
987 spyder is one of thr most fun cars porsche built. morr fun, imho, than a 7tt. id give this a lot of thought
Yes - this is EXACTLY my delema and what took me out of the 08 TT cab and into my previous Spyder. I am torn. I miss the daily driver capabilities of the TT cab in our Pacific North West weather. I drove my 08 12 months of the years, the top down when ever I could. The Spyder was more specialized.

Originally Posted by Nacelle
I have a '12 TTS Coupe Platinum Silver over full Carrera Red Interior. Car Rocks....

Go for it!
Totally. So tempting...

I think I'll take a look at the Spyder first and if it doesn't light me up then I make the switch.

Thanks guys!
Old 10-12-2017, 11:28 PM
John Belk
Racer

I am a stick guy, but would hopefully keep the 993 for some rowing through the gears action.

The question is this - is the TTS FUN to drive on the twisties or is it more a fun on, warp speed straight line driver?

This is such a personal preference question, so I can only share my preference and experiences based on my past ownership of a 09 TT Manual 6 Speed and my current 12 TTS w/PDK.
Neither of my P-cars were or has been modified, but the TTS w/PDK in Sport or Sport Plus Mode literally was a pure shock in the performance difference over the 09 TT. And yes, I know a 997.1 can be made to be faster...but OEM to OEM, the 997.2 TTS will walk away from a 997.1 TT. Fact.
I do enjoy driving a stick and rowing the gears, but the TTS’s PDK, left to shift itself or using the paddle shifters on back roads let’s me hard charge and exit corners with as much aggression as I care too. I’m not sure how to explain the PDK, but it’s like it knows exactly when to down and upshift hardcharing the back roads and perfectly matches the engines power band.
Side Bar: I no longer worry about overrevs in my 12 TTS like I did with the 09 by downshifting into the wrong gear, resulting in a potential kiss of death 💀 bad DME Report.
Not sure I helped you, but I’m absolutely in love with my TTS. Plus, drinking a cup of coffee in traffic is very doable... Best. JB
Old 10-13-2017, 08:23 AM
Zeus993
Rennlist Member

This is such a personal preference question, so I can only share my preference and experiences based on my past ownership of a 09 TT Manual 6 Speed and my current 12 TTS w/PDK.
Neither of my P-cars were or has been modified, but the TTS w/PDK in Sport or Sport Plus Mode literally was a pure shock in the performance difference over the 09 TT. And yes, I know a 997.1 can be made to be faster...but OEM to OEM, the 997.2 TTS will walk away from a 997.1 TT. Fact.
I do enjoy driving a stick and rowing the gears, but the TTS’s PDK, left to shift itself or using the paddle shifters on back roads let’s me hard charge and exit corners with as much aggression as I care too. I’m not sure how to explain the PDK, but it’s like it knows exactly when to down and upshift hardcharing the back roads and perfectly matches the engines power band.
Side Bar: I no longer worry about overrevs in my 12 TTS like I did with the 09 by downshifting into the wrong gear, resulting in a potential kiss of death 💀 bad DME Report.
Not sure I helped you, but I’m absolutely in love with my TTS. Plus, drinking a cup of coffee in traffic is very doable... Best. JB
I appreciate your comments here JB. I know that one of the issues that caused me to move out of the TT and into the Spyder was the understeer on the tight twisties. We have some incredible roads where I live that twist and turn and undulate through the local topography. The Spyder was magical. But having said all that, the Spyder was not a great DD, no capacity to handle any rain with the "sun shade" off (Vs. the Turbo Cab, just give it some gas...) and drinking a cup of coffee in traffic, well, not so doable.

I've also had some time with a PDK and agreed on it's incredible talent. Whereas shifting with a MT is fun, using the PDK paddle shifters in manual mode is a blast in it's own way. I still laugh as to how blazingly fast it shifts. Astounding. I recently sat as a passenger at AutoX in a 2018 TTS coupe. Holy crap!

I also see that the TTS comes with P Torque Vectoring and some mod's of the front suspension. Car and Driver commented "We were just as impressed by the S’s capabilities during cornering, aided by the new Porsche Torque Vectoring (PTV) system. The 996 and the 997 displayed a hint of understeer when initiating a turn on slippery surfaces. The torque-vectoring system, which applies the brake on the inside rear wheel, eliminates the minor push entirely. The car gets slightly modified front-suspension geometry, giving it more precise steering feel and making the 911 Turbo S seem almost like a mid-engine car."

Mid-engined? Impressive indeed.

Next step? Test drive...
Old 10-13-2017, 10:47 AM
bondjockey
Racer

Received 57 Likes on 34 Posts

You could just buy JB's car and you might be able to get a better deal than you would at a dealer.....he has had it for sale for several months
Old 10-13-2017, 03:36 PM
John Belk
Racer

Originally Posted by bondjockey
You could just buy JB's car and you might be able to get a better deal than you would at a dealer.....he has had it for sale for several months
Hi Bondjocky,

You’re right, I did have my 12 TTS for sale several months ago, before I bought the 17 ZO6/ZO7. But, changed my mind.

Dont get me wrong, I love the nastiest of the ZO6, but I also love the TTS! So, solving my life problems, I decided to keep the TTS.

It’s like having two kids that you love both, but each couldn’t be more different.

Thanks JB

Old 10-17-2017, 09:03 AM
Zeus993
Rennlist Member

Hi Bondjocky,

You’re right, I did have my 12 TTS for sale several months ago, before I bought the 17 ZO6/ZO7. But, changed my mind.

Dont get me wrong, I love the nastiest of the ZO6, but I also love the TTS! So, solving my life problems, I decided to keep the TTS.

It’s like having two kids that you love both, but each couldn’t be more different.

Thanks JB
Nice pair JP. Very interesting pair.

Which one is your "go to" car? Which one do to naturally gravitate to?
Old 10-17-2017, 10:51 PM
John Belk
Racer

Originally Posted by Zeus993
Nice pair JP. Very interesting pair.

Which one is your "go to" car? Which one do to naturally gravitate to?
Excellent questions!!! As much as I love the ZO6, with its 650HP/TQ, ceramic brakes and it’s looks...I’ll replace it in a couple years when the next obscene Vette comes off the assembly line. Meanwhile my TTS will remain my “go to” car...true to itself, an iconic sports car year after year. There’s no equal, but you probably already knew that... JB

Quick Reply: Anyone re-marry their wife (TT Cab)?