Defroster Vent Leather bubble

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2017, 03:25 PM
Kenromero
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Defroster Vent Leather bubble

[ATTACH]1248769[/ATTACH
Can anyone provide instructions on how to remove the 997 defroster vent? Or better yet, if I can get a referral for someone in So Calif, Orange County who can remove and replace?
Attached Images  
Old 09-05-2017, 03:25 PM
TT Surgeon
Race Director

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

I think it just snaps in/out.
Old 09-05-2017, 08:04 PM
bgrpph
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

i had to replace my CF defroster vents few yrs ago- found instructions on 1 of forums but can't located it now. gently pry up the center speaker between vents- watch wire- pull down /slightly out hard in center of pillar by both doors- it pops out with noise-take em off or so they are out of the way at edge that meets the defroster trim. - the outside edge of each defroster vent is slotted into the edge of pillar so u need to get pillar out of way to remove the defroster vents. then gently pry up the defroster trim -it comes out easily
Old 09-06-2017, 07:28 PM
Kenromero
Rennlist Member

Thanks, i've heard its not a difficult removal but was hoping for a you tube video before i tried. I'm afraid of scratching something.
Perhaps I'll try the Porsche dealer if i can't find someone local.
Old 09-06-2017, 09:47 PM
strato58
Burning Brakes

Received 127 Likes on 75 Posts

I just did mine today. The center speaker cover pries open gently. Then grab the defroster trim in the center and pull up and forward towards you. The clip on the pilar post is a bit of a pest but just work it out. The entire process takes just minutes. If you are replacing the entire trim you will have to remove the speaker cover on the trim (not the center speaker) and add it to the new one. It is glued in and I was able to remove the glue with a knife.
Old 09-07-2017, 05:55 PM
Kenromero
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by strato58
I just did mine today. The center speaker cover pries open gently. Then grab the defroster trim in the center and pull up and forward towards you. The clip on the pilar post is a bit of a pest but just work it out. The entire process takes just minutes. If you are replacing the entire trim you will have to remove the speaker cover on the trim (not the center speaker) and add it to the new one. It is glued in and I was able to remove the glue with a knife.
Thanks!!

Quick Reply: Defroster Vent Leather bubble