Sponsored by:

2008 Turbo Suspension Question

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2017, 03:09 PM
Orli930
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2008 Turbo Suspension Question

What is the best set up for a 07 Turbo for tracking?
Old 08-07-2017, 03:27 PM
thekid96
Rennlist Member

Convert to 2 wheels drive and GT3 uprights.
TPC sways.
Full mono *****.
DSC box and Tractive C/O.
Old 08-08-2017, 02:21 AM
Poppahay
Intermediate

Default Try TPC racing's DSC

I don't know how far you want to go in setting your car up for the track. I'm sure you can spend a lot of $ with different coil overs, sway bars and so-on but you may want to try TPC racing's DSC module first and then go from there. IT turns your suspension into a fully active system instead of the factory setup. Check it out on their web page. Even if you decide it's not what you want after you buy it and try it out you can easily sell the thing on any Porsche forum. They also have a set of coil overs that work with this system that might be just the setup your looking for. Or you can use the Bilstein coil overs. Lots of options.
Old 08-08-2017, 07:53 AM
El Dario Loco
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by thekid96
Convert to 2 wheels drive and GT3 uprights.
TPC sways.
Full mono *****.
DSC box and Tractive C/O.
I don't know anyone who've managed to convert 997 TT to RW drive and make it work without getting codes. Apparantely it works ok when driving on the street but during aggressive tracking the electronics go haywire. Do you have any more info?
Old 08-09-2017, 11:06 AM
thekid96
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by El Dario Loco
I don't know anyone who've managed to convert 997 TT to RW drive and make it work without getting codes. Apparantely it works ok when driving on the street but during aggressive tracking the electronics go haywire. Do you have any more info?
I don't have any issues with the electronics on the track. Shop did have to modify the computer tho.
Old 08-09-2017, 11:29 PM
TT Surgeon
Race Director

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by Poppahay
I don't know how far you want to go in setting your car up for the track. I'm sure you can spend a lot of $ with different coil overs, sway bars and so-on but you may want to try TPC racing's DSC module first and then go from there. IT turns your suspension into a fully active system instead of the factory setup. Check it out on their web page. Even if you decide it's not what you want after you buy it and try it out you can easily sell the thing on any Porsche forum. They also have a set of coil overs that work with this system that might be just the setup your looking for. Or you can use the Bilstein coil overs. Lots of options.
Sage advice right there....

Quick Reply: 2008 Turbo Suspension Question