Sponsored by:

tire pressure warning issue

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2017, 12:23 PM
vettenomore
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default tire pressure warning issue

Yesterday, I got a tire pressure alert on my display for one of my front tires. However, when I scrolled to the tire pressure readout on the display it showed 34 psi for both tires. The warning showed that one tire was 4 psi lower than the other. I selected winter tires set up and let the car learn, then went back to summer tires. The warning went off temporarily then came back on. This morning I added a few psi to both front tires - the readout for pressure is the same for both tires but the warning is still on when I start the car. I'm thinking this isn't a tpms issue because the readout for both front tires shows on the display and is correct. Also, I believe the monitors are less than 2 years old. Any ideas?
Old 07-24-2017, 11:04 PM
bigrpowr
Rennlist Member

Received 363 Likes on 243 Posts

Originally Posted by vettenomore
Yesterday, I got a tire pressure alert on my display for one of my front tires. However, when I scrolled to the tire pressure readout on the display it showed 34 psi for both tires. The warning showed that one tire was 4 psi lower than the other. I selected winter tires set up and let the car learn, then went back to summer tires. The warning went off temporarily then came back on. This morning I added a few psi to both front tires - the readout for pressure is the same for both tires but the warning is still on when I start the car. I'm thinking this isn't a tpms issue because the readout for both front tires shows on the display and is correct. Also, I believe the monitors are less than 2 years old. Any ideas?
i have the same issue, probably needs a new sensor, even though mine are not even a year old !
Old 07-24-2017, 11:25 PM
vettenomore
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by bigrpowr
i have the same issue, probably needs a new sensor, even though mine are not even a year old !
I haven't had time to post but do want to provide an update. My problem began on Friday - as I mentioned, I toggled to winter tires and then eventually back to summer tires. I drove several miles in town and at highway speeds with no change resulting on the display readout. At some point on Saturday, the warning disappeared and the incorrect tire pressure also went away. I'm assuming it took that extra time to "relearn" for summer tire setting. All is well now. Good luck with your issue.

Quick Reply: tire pressure warning issue