Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Need TPS disable procedure

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2017, 03:28 PM
jwalton
Pro

Received 63 Likes on 28 Posts
Default Need TPS disable procedure

Does anyone know a procedure to disable the TPS tire pressure sensor light on the dash? Sensors in the wheels went bad and I don't want to breakdown the tires and pay for new sensors. I have a gauge and know how to use it . I have a 997.1 GT3.
Thanks
jon in Delaware
Old 06-20-2017, 03:58 PM
Spiffyjiff
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

somewhere on here is step by step on how to remove the TPMS box (on driver side, frunk, i believe?). also need a durametric or similar to turn the actual feature off.
Old 06-20-2017, 04:04 PM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,482 Likes on 2,269 Posts

TPMS

1: First you must actually disconnect the TPMS control unit so that the CAN Controller does not continue to recognize it. The control unit is located in the front trunk next to brake fluid reservoir. Remove and unplug the dome light on the cowling plastic. Remove all of the screws that hold this entire plastic panel in. There are a good number on top by the seal and one on each side by the bottom.

2: Now unplug the control unit it is part number 997 618 103 06, Do not remove it. This way you can always just plug it back it and use it again.

3. Reassemble the front trunk again.

4. Hook up the PIWIS tester to the car via the OBD2 port and do a complete check of all the control units.

5. Select "Gateway" and then "Coding" then ""Required Control Units List". This will list all installed CAN units.

6. Now select "Tire Pressure Monitoring System" and change to " Not Installed" and code it, then exit to the main screen again.

The next steps will code your instrument cluster and to do so will require that you have your engine number, so have it handy, you will find out why.

7. Select "Instrument Cluster" and then "Coding" then "Vehicle Variants".

8. Now select your "Model Year" then "Model", "Roof Version", "Country" (02 is for USA, Puerto Rico). The next item will be "Versions" (553 is USA/Canada).

9. Select your "Individual and exclusive equipment" by highlighting each item that would apply such as: 454-Cruise, 023-Silver Colored Gauge faces etc. DO NOT select 423/483 TPM!!!! This is the TPMS for the cluster and must not be highlighted.

10. Move to the next screen and finish the "Audio and Communication " by highlighting what applies to your car.

11. Next will be the "Wheel Size" and finally it will ask about your engine number.

12. Proceed forward and then Code with F8.
The following 2 users liked this post by mooty:
Mike Billings (04-24-2024), sp1viper (03-20-2024)
Old 06-20-2017, 05:24 PM
CosmosMpower
Drifting

Received 52 Likes on 38 Posts

Bingo
Old 06-20-2017, 05:48 PM
ngng
Drifting

Received 301 Likes on 182 Posts

you can also do this with a durametric
Originally Posted by mooty
TPMS

1: First you must actually disconnect the TPMS control unit so that the CAN Controller does not continue to recognize it. The control unit is located in the front trunk next to brake fluid reservoir. Remove and unplug the dome light on the cowling plastic. Remove all of the screws that hold this entire plastic panel in. There are a good number on top by the seal and one on each side by the bottom.

2: Now unplug the control unit it is part number 997 618 103 06, Do not remove it. This way you can always just plug it back it and use it again.

3. Reassemble the front trunk again.

4. Hook up the PIWIS tester to the car via the OBD2 port and do a complete check of all the control units.

5. Select "Gateway" and then "Coding" then ""Required Control Units List". This will list all installed CAN units.

6. Now select "Tire Pressure Monitoring System" and change to " Not Installed" and code it, then exit to the main screen again.

The next steps will code your instrument cluster and to do so will require that you have your engine number, so have it handy, you will find out why.

7. Select "Instrument Cluster" and then "Coding" then "Vehicle Variants".

8. Now select your "Model Year" then "Model", "Roof Version", "Country" (02 is for USA, Puerto Rico). The next item will be "Versions" (553 is USA/Canada).

9. Select your "Individual and exclusive equipment" by highlighting each item that would apply such as: 454-Cruise, 023-Silver Colored Gauge faces etc. DO NOT select 423/483 TPM!!!! This is the TPMS for the cluster and must not be highlighted.

10. Move to the next screen and finish the "Audio and Communication " by highlighting what applies to your car.

11. Next will be the "Wheel Size" and finally it will ask about your engine number.

12. Proceed forward and then Code with F8.
Old 06-20-2017, 05:59 PM
Fisher
Pro

Received 69 Likes on 27 Posts

and to be more precise, Durametric Pro

There are two main differences between the Enthusiast and Professional Kits:

1. The number of cars supported:
The Professional kits support an unlimited number of cars. The Enthusiast kits support up to three cars only. The limitation of the Enthusiast kit is based on the car's VIN - not model.

2. The Coding and Command Console features:
Beginning with Durametric version 6, Durametric supports the Coding and Command Console features. These features are included with the Professional kits only.
The Coding feature provides for the ability to enable or disable predefined features in the car such as airbags, daytime running lights, cruise control, and the rear spoiler where applicable.
The Command Console feature is a means of communicating with the control units using very low-level communications. This feature is very seldom used.
Old 06-20-2017, 07:02 PM
ngng
Drifting

Received 301 Likes on 182 Posts

didn't know that, good info. thanks!

Originally Posted by grizfish
and to be more precise, Durametric Pro

There are two main differences between the Enthusiast and Professional Kits:

1. The number of cars supported:
The Professional kits support an unlimited number of cars. The Enthusiast kits support up to three cars only. The limitation of the Enthusiast kit is based on the car's VIN - not model.

2. The Coding and Command Console features:
Beginning with Durametric version 6, Durametric supports the Coding and Command Console features. These features are included with the Professional kits only.
The Coding feature provides for the ability to enable or disable predefined features in the car such as airbags, daytime running lights, cruise control, and the rear spoiler where applicable.
The Command Console feature is a means of communicating with the control units using very low-level communications. This feature is very seldom used.

Trending Topics

Old 06-22-2017, 12:58 PM
jwalton
Pro

Received 63 Likes on 28 Posts

Rennlist subscribers are ROCKSTARS! The dealer doesn't even know how to do this but they are going to learn Thanks
Old 06-22-2017, 01:04 PM
mooty
Lifetime Rennlist

^ they do know how to charge over msrp
Old 07-17-2018, 01:59 AM
Jedi
Rennlist Member

Received 26 Likes on 10 Posts

I deactivated my TPMS for a month or so while I got some wheels and tires sorted out. I reactivated it today and it works fine but now I have other problems air bag, PASM, PSM, and I think traction control. We’re using a Durametric Pro with no luck trying to sort this out, I think we’ll download the Durametric software again tomorrow and give it another try.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated

Jim
Old 07-17-2018, 02:50 AM
mooty
Lifetime Rennlist

are your wheel/tire EXACTLY the same size as OEM. if not, that lead to quite a few problems.
Old 07-17-2018, 03:12 AM
Jedi
Rennlist Member

Received 26 Likes on 10 Posts

Hi Mooty,

Wheels and tires are OEM size, TPMS works fine just the other items that aren’t working

Thanks
Old 07-17-2018, 12:59 PM
nwGTS
Rennlist Member

Received 343 Likes on 158 Posts

Originally Posted by Jedi
Hi Mooty,

Wheels and tires are OEM size, TPMS works fine just the other items that aren’t working

Thanks
Dumb question but have you driven the car since doing this work?
Depending on the errors you're getting, these may clear after a few miles of driving.
Old 07-17-2018, 06:24 PM
Belinko
Racer

Received 127 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by jwalton
Rennlist subscribers are ROCKSTARS! The dealer doesn't even know how to do this but they are going to learn Thanks
Last time I asked my dealer to do this, the politely said NO. Liability issue me thinks.
Old 09-01-2018, 10:29 PM
911.Forever
Racer

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by Jedi
I deactivated my TPMS for a month or so while I got some wheels and tires sorted out. I reactivated it today and it works fine but now I have other problems air bag, PASM, PSM, and I think traction control. We’re using a Durametric Pro with no luck trying to sort this out, I think we’ll download the Durametric software again tomorrow and give it another try.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated

Jim
Just a thought...if the PASM, PSM, air bag errors are not canceling out after and short drive, then did you disconnect the battery for a couple minutes at one point? I had a huge issue trying to cancel these codes after a quick battery swap. I could kill the messages with my Foxwell, but the errors would come right back. What I discovered is the whole system needed to reboot, ie: leave the battery disconnected for over 10 minutes to completely discharge the ECU. Then once reconnecting you will need to reset window open/close, steering angle sensor, memory settings, etc but the error codes cancel by themselves after a very short drive. For me, only about a hundred yards. good luck!

Quick Reply: Need TPS disable procedure