Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

New Member to the GT3 Club - FINALLY!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2017, 12:25 PM
Hoyt
Rennlist Member

Received 26 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Speedster911
Lots of info on this forum regarding CL's.

If you didn't get with your car, make sure you get:
Braker bar
.75 " drive torque wrench
CL lube
alignment tool is very helpful but not mandatory
low profile floor jack

Enjoy your new toy!!
Thanks for the info!
Old 06-16-2017, 11:39 AM
Hoyt
Rennlist Member

A little update and a question for you all....

So far the GT3 has been flawless and a riot to drive! Coming from the BMW M world I was curious on how much better a Porsche GT car could be. Well lets just say, I'm hooked now

I'll be packing the tonight for a road trip to Northern Michigan tomorrow. With my planned "back roads" route on my way home I plan on putting around 750-800 miles on her. I'm heading North to meet-up with a my Dad and a couple Uncles for our annual fishing trip. This year we're headed to Alaska to catch some big-ol' Salmon and Halibut

I'll take some photos along the way to share here on this thread.

Now, onto my question....

I noticed the other day the previous owner replaced the OEM battery with a Braille battery. I don't have any experience with this brand.... so any opinions or things to worry about with it?

Old 06-16-2017, 02:12 PM
gmgracing
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 436 Likes on 260 Posts

First, congrats on the GT3. Glad to hear your hooked. I've got a little old bmw 2002 and have a number of friends with e30m3's, as you've found the GT3 is a different animal!

As to the battery, Braille is a great brand. Use a lot of them in vintage racing. The Endurance series is an AGM (absorbed-glass-matt)-style battery. Very durable, but if you are going to go over a week or two of not using the car I'd suggest a simple trickle charger.

All the best,
Andrew

sales@gmgracing.com
www.gmgracing.com

facebook l instagram l youtube l twitter

Porsche | Audi | Ferrari | Lamborghini | McLaren
Performance Tuning | Motorsport | Factory Service

Pirelli World Challege Race Team GT/GTA/GTS/TC
Pirelli GT3 Cup Trophy USA
Porsche Motorsport — Audi Sport Customer Racing — Lamborghini Super Trofeo Series
Old 06-26-2017, 04:00 PM
Hoyt
Rennlist Member

I'm back from fishing and my road trip in my new to me GT3. The fishing was great, but not a awesome as the GT3 was. My only complaints was there was way too much rain involved and the stock steering wheel. The GT3 is simply a marvelous machine! Coming from the BMW M world where their cars are very good on the road and a joy to drive. The Porsche GT3 is on aother level. While its can be harsh when the roads are total piles of crap (Michigan roads), but when you get on some decent roads things smooth out and the GT3 begs to played with, and played with hard!

I put around 800 miles on the girl past week. At no point was I uncomfortable or wishing for my E92 BMW M3. I would have no issues with taking even longer road trips with her in the future.

I wish I had some better photos to share. All the rain stopped me from getting the good pics while traveling. Here's a few I took with my iPhone....

Getting a way better fuel mileage in a GT3 than I thought I would....

Yay! to the new 75 MPH limit on some of Michigan's roads....

Getting some happy juice for both of us....

Feeling tiny next to my Dad's F-150.....

Hitting one of the much needed rest areas on the way home....

Finally home safe and sound. Lots of nasty storms I drove thru, but she got me home safe....

Oh, FYI...there's enough room in the "back seat" for a big duffel bag and a 25lbs box of frozen fish

Quick Reply: New Member to the GT3 Club - FINALLY!!