Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

997 GT2 RS => CGT : Trade???

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2017, 05:10 PM
raclaims
Rennlist Member

Received 313 Likes on 166 Posts

I've owned and driven every type of 911...my CGT is just totally different and so much more worthy...it's a special occasion just sitting in it.

GT2RS prices are absurdly high right now and CGT is undervalued even with it's doubling in price in the past few years...in the end, you are selling at the high on the 2rs and buying low on the CGT...it's a complete no brainer.
Old 06-05-2017, 05:29 PM
Advanced

Received 19 Likes on 2 Posts

Thx! Not sure I agree with this, but I appreciate the thought
Old 06-06-2017, 12:05 AM
Jrtaylor9
Rennlist Member

Received 1,094 Likes on 541 Posts

Ugggh, sorta OT, but I just sold my FGT as I'm in pursuit of a CGT. I'm excited about the CGT but parting from the FGT is pulling at my heart strings. I've ended up falling in love with all things Porsche and CGT would cap my collection with an "!" I can only justify owning so many cars and the FGT was the odd man out. I don't think I regret anything I've sold. But I have a stab in my stomach that I'll be chasing another FGT years from now. Hopefully the driving expertise of the CGT will cause me to end up in the same place on every other car I sold: right decision. I know the eye candy factor of the FGT I'll always have a soft spot for. And it looks, smells and sounds like every car I lusted after and drove in as a kid. I didn't see a Porsche in the fresh until an adult. I didn't get hooked on them until an 07 GT3 entered my life. It was all downhill from there.
Old 06-09-2017, 12:17 PM
RennOracle
Pro

Received 32 Likes on 23 Posts

OP, just trade it, if you get GT2 RS sick, just get a GT2 and do some little mods (for 1/5 the cost of a CGT/GT2RS) and it won't be that different from a GT2 RS, hell it might even be better and you will have a CGT, what's the question?

If I were you the GT2 RS (that I love) would be already on the way to the new owner. Plus GT2RS prices might drop a bit, but CGT prices only have a way and it's up.

A CGT is costing around the same as a 599GTO, makes no sense.
Old 06-27-2017, 10:49 AM
Johnb55
Instructor

Received 20 Likes on 10 Posts

An admitted adrenaline junkie, I drive a 997GT2 as my daily driver. I've put about 30,000 miles on it so far and have thoroughly enjoyed each and every one. It makes every mundane errand and daily life that much more interesting. I've ripped it on the track and taken it to get bags of dog food. It excels at both.

I also have a few other cars I reserve for those special occasions, the spirited Sunday country drives with friends to lunch, the Car and Coffee meetings, a rally here and there. I've been fortunate to own and experience a lot of exotics and supercars, of those, the CGT stands head and shoulders above the rest. It truly gets my adrenaline pumping from the moment I turn the key, or actually even just approaching it.

I'm reluctant to confuse my cars with investments, I don't ever think of them that way. I buy what I'm passionate about and what moves me, what I enjoy, not what I think others will enjoy. I buy with my heart, not my head. That being said, with the benefit of hindsight this has worked quite well. I won't render an opinion about the relative investment merits or collectibility of the GT2 vs a CGT. But I will rank them by my personal metric, which gets my adrenaline pumping more?
CGT over GT2RS... way over.

Quick Reply: 997 GT2 RS => CGT : Trade???