Looking for new tires for my GT3 997.1

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2017, 02:14 AM
Engared
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Looking for new tires for my GT3 997.1

Hello all,

Thanks for reading this in advance. Am currently replacing the Cup tires which came on the car with a more road focused tire in the vein of the Pilot Super Sports. But that tire is old as far as I know so I would like to know, what are the other choices in the category and what would be the best tire to use?

Also, if anyone does have any experience with the Pilot Super Sports on their 997 gt3? If so, can they be used for everyday driving? And how are they on the track or spirited driving?

Also, for the life of me, I cannot find the latest Bridgestone equivalent tire. Would anyone happen to know what the model number is?

Thanks!
Old 05-22-2017, 02:28 AM
Raven 666
Drifting

Received 91 Likes on 53 Posts

New Pilot Sport 4 just won a big tire shot out with all the other top brands ,,,,I would be looking at it first if I were in the market for new rubber it was the best all round tire ....
Old 05-22-2017, 02:30 AM
Engared
Intermediate

Yeah unfortunately, they haven't come to Singapore yet as far as I know so I'm looking at the alternatives.
Old 05-22-2017, 04:10 AM
Raven 666
Drifting

Received 91 Likes on 53 Posts

They wouldn,t be far off I think the pilot sport 4 s are available in Australia now ,,,,,Singapore being such a huge trade and finance hub I would have expected them to be available there before Australia ,,,try emailing a Michelin rep
I have never had any Bridgestones on my 997 but every one that I know who wants to run a more street bias tire for all round conditions generally use Michelin or Pirrelli on P cars ...I currently have P Zero,s but will be going for the pilot sport 4 s next ...
Old 05-22-2017, 12:59 PM
orthofrancis
Instructor

Received 18 Likes on 7 Posts
Default 997 tires

I hade Michelin SUper sports for many years - they are a fantastic daily drive tire, and work quite well on the track.

The Bridgestone equivalent would be RE 71-R, or RE11 which is their older version of their RE71.

I'm waiting to put Pilot Super Sports 4 on my car for ue as a daily drive, and multiple HPDE and some AX events as well.

THe RE 71-R is the street legal tire for AX. I've had the RE-11 on my car, and it is not as good as the super sports.
Old 05-22-2017, 03:19 PM
Engared
Intermediate

Originally Posted by orthofrancis
I hade Michelin SUper sports for many years - they are a fantastic daily drive tire, and work quite well on the track.

The Bridgestone equivalent would be RE 71-R, or RE11 which is their older version of their RE71.

I'm waiting to put Pilot Super Sports 4 on my car for ue as a daily drive, and multiple HPDE and some AX events as well.

THe RE 71-R is the street legal tire for AX. I've had the RE-11 on my car, and it is not as good as the super sports.
Thanks for that. Really appreciate it. Finally found the equivalent.

Quick Reply: Looking for new tires for my GT3 997.1