Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Am I missing something on this GT3?

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2017, 11:14 AM
Stormhammer
Track Day

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Am I missing something on this GT3?

http://bit.ly/2pFxynX

Color aside ( I personally like it, but I tend to be attracted to weird colors ), I can't but help notice this one has been for sale for months now.
Old 05-13-2017, 12:47 PM
RAudi Driver
Rennlist Member

Received 2,767 Likes on 1,654 Posts

I love Peridot on the Cayenne.
Old 05-13-2017, 01:33 PM
Macster
Race Director

Received 249 Likes on 220 Posts

Originally Posted by Stormhammer
http://bit.ly/2pFxynX

Color aside ( I personally like it, but I tend to be attracted to weird colors ), I can't but help notice this one has been for sale for months now.
Used car buyers are (generally) focused on price and condtion, condition and price. While the color is not everyone's cup of tea what's probably putting people off is the price.

The car hasn't accumulated much miles in the time it has been for sale. Means no test drive means proably no real serious shopper.

A google search using the VIN turned up the car's been offered for sale for a year now.

The car is equipped with a PDK which I believe for the GT3 is a negative of sorts.

While I could accept PDK I would prefer a GT3 to have PCCBs though. They are lighter than the cast iron brakes and this would help offset the weight penalty PDK brings.

Used car market is going through a bit of a down turn. Banks are cutting back on used car loans and interest rates are going up on the ones they do make. Unless someone has $156,000+ laying around in cash that car is going to be a tough sale.

'course, price is not fact only an opinion so one could probably pick the car up for less than the $156K asking price but obviously no one has. For at least a year.
Old 05-15-2017, 04:27 PM
Pro

Received 166 Likes on 86 Posts

what you're missing is that it's hideous and priced high.

Quick Reply: Am I missing something on this GT3?