Notices
997 GT2/GT3 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Barber Sound - .2 GT3 w/ side muffler deletes?

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2017, 01:47 PM
Accel Junky
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Barber Sound - .2 GT3 w/ side muffler deletes?

For those that have done Barber, should I be concerned about passing Barber sound with side muffler deletes (and stock headers/cats/airbox)?

I'm looking into buying some ready-made turn down tips just in case but if it isn't necessary I could take my time building my own set of "track tips" on the cheap. If I went that route I would take mine off, make a template with cardboard using the flange and just cut some 1/8" stainless plate and take it to a muffler shop to weld on pipe for some generic bolt on turn downs.

I usually do AMP and Road Atlanta but I don't think those will be a concern. However, I may also go to VIR and some of the big FL tracks at some point (though not make a habit of it) so potentially I might need to meet sound requirements elsewhere.

Thanks!
Old 04-07-2017, 04:51 PM
Matt55
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

You will be fine. I've ran barber with both side delete and no mufflers and cats(my current set up). Was there in February and last year no problem.

AMP was a different story, got a few sessions in with no black flag then after lunch started getting black flags and had to short shift.
Old 04-07-2017, 06:26 PM
Accel Junky
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Matt55
You will be fine. I've ran barber with both side delete and no mufflers and cats(my current set up). Was there in February and last year no problem.

AMP was a different story, got a few sessions in with no black flag then after lunch started getting black flags and had to short shift.
Awesome. Thanks for the feedback.

I think at some point having a cheap "toolbox" turndown piece to carry with me to tracks as a backup would be smart.
Old 04-08-2017, 01:16 AM
Spyerx
Rennlist Member

Received 1,729 Likes on 1,057 Posts

stock center? What's the sound limit? I pass 104db with my setup and I have 100cell cats. I think it blows about 102.
Old 04-08-2017, 06:11 AM
tstafford
Race Car

Received 1,080 Likes on 619 Posts

I've run Barber with Chin and Rezoom and I don't recall hearing that anyone got flagged for sound violations. I think they have a 103 or 104 db limit which is really high.

Note: From your post I'm guessing you'll be there today. I'll be in the #86 white RS. I'd love to say hi and discuss AMP with you.

Quick Reply: Barber Sound - .2 GT3 w/ side muffler deletes?