Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Tractive + DSC installed

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2017, 09:27 PM
shotor
Rennlist Member

Received 47 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by MX RACER
So I drove the car on track and I am very happy with the results! 1st session of the day/year I matched my personal best. Second session I beat it by a full second and third I picked up another couple of tenths. !
So about 1.4s faster. That sounds fantastic.

What kind of tires are you running [R-compound, Hoosier, Summer]?

How long is a lap [2:00ish, 3:00ish]?
Old 04-18-2017, 01:05 PM
MX RACER
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by shotor
So about 1.4s faster. That sounds fantastic.

What kind of tires are you running [R-compound, Hoosier, Summer]?

How long is a lap [2:00ish, 3:00ish]?
More like 1.2. I am running Hoosier. This was on NJMP Lightning my best was 1:10.5
Old 04-24-2017, 11:37 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,640 Likes on 762 Posts

Subscribed.
Old 04-25-2017, 12:48 PM
MX RACER
Rennlist Member

So I went back to the track this time NJMP Thunderbolt we ran the chicane which we never do, so it made it hard to compare lap times with my prior best of 1:28. I do believe the chicane made the suspension shine even brighter though. It adds a hard right then quick left and another right to a section that normally is a very fast slight right. The car felt extremely planted and controlled through these quick hard turns. I did a 1:30.8 and everyone agrees the chicane adds 3 to 4 seconds to the track, so that would put me in the 1:26's or 27's worst case. I think this shows that this setup is absolutely good for a second plus and I think I am still learning where the limit is. I feel like with more time I will be able to push even harder.
Old 04-26-2017, 02:19 PM
Nizer
Rennlist Member

Received 1,864 Likes on 964 Posts

Originally Posted by DSC Sport
Here's a little something to get you excited while you wait to get out on track!

Just had a customer submit this video to us of him pulling a 1:58 at VIR with the DSC/Tractive setup, as well as TPC Racing sway bars, drop links, and toe links!
quick time. What tires/other mods is it running?
Old 04-27-2017, 11:00 AM
Tom@TPC Racing
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 948 Likes on 526 Posts

Originally Posted by Nizer
quick time. What tires/other mods is it running?
997.1 GT3, stock 3.6 engine, COBB AP w/ TPC map, all mufflers deleted, Hoosier R7, DSC, Tractive DDA RT, TPC front & rear sway bars, TPC rear toe links, TPC set up, stripped interior, and the usual bolt-on track goodies like, LSD, engine mounts, brake pads.

This was prepared and is maintained by GT Performance in Raleigh, NC for NASA GTS-4 (German Touring Series class 4) spec competition. Spec weight is 3000-ish for the power range. The spring rates are 100/150nm for full on competition instead of the standard 60/110nm for street and track use. The Tractive dampers and DSC mapping are exactly the same for both spring rates. The two spring selections is a difference of around 0.3 to 0.5 second in a hot lap. The competition springs are more suitable for wheel-to-wheel competition were aggressive off line passing maneuvers are common. The standard springs are better for street driven cars, HPDE events, and open lapping days where cars don't trade paint.

TPC Racing stats:
2023 Porsche Sprint Challenge 992 Cup Am Champion
2023 Porsche Sprint Challenge GT4 Pro-Am Team Champion
2022 Porsche Sprint Challenge 992 Cup & 991 Cup Champion
2020 IMSA GT3 Cup Challenge 2nd Championship
2018 IMSA GT3 Cup Challenge 2nd Championship
2016 IMSA GT3 Cup Challenge Champion
2013 IMSA GT3 Cup Challenge Champion
2006 Rolex-24 @ Daytona GT Champion
2004 Grand-Am SGS Class Champion

Old 05-05-2017, 01:14 PM
swoardrider
Rennlist Member

Received 28 Likes on 16 Posts

So after using the DSC last season with unreal results I decided to go all in and install the Tractive shocks. I am very fortunate to be local to TPC and have worked with them for years. The DSC made such a big difference alone I was truly amazed! Last season Mike from TPC was at a couple of events that I was also attending and was nice enough to take the time to custom tune my DSC which I already was very happy with. Honestly I didn't expect to notice a difference being the car was working very well already, but wow I was wrong. I picked up .7 of a second from my best lap ever on my home track. Because of how impressed I am with the DSC I decided to take the next step and add the Tractive shocks. I also had them rebuild my LSD which was completely toast! TPC (Tom) made sure the car was perfectly setup. I can't wait to get on the track and give my new setup a good test. I will report back after my first track day which should be in the next week or so.

I want to publicly thank Tom, Mike and all of TPC/DSC for spending the extra time and attention to detail on this project!

I'm looking to do the same as you, and add the Tractives to my 997.2 GTS. I already have the DSC controller and love it. How are the Tractives on the street compared to your OEM dampers? Ride quality the same?
Old 05-05-2017, 01:31 PM
MX RACER
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by swoardrider
I'm looking to do the same as you, and add the Tractives to my 997.2 GTS. I already have the DSC controller and love it. How are the Tractives on the street compared to your OEM dampers? Ride quality the same?
I haven't driven it on the street much, but from what I have it is as good or better. Remember these are more active than the stock dampers, so it might actually help the ride on the street.
Old 05-05-2017, 02:07 PM
swoardrider
Rennlist Member

Received 28 Likes on 16 Posts

I haven't driven it on the street much, but from what I have it is as good or better. Remember these are more active than the stock dampers, so it might actually help the ride on the street.
That's what I was hoping for! Are you running any other suspension parts with monoballs besides the Tractive top plates?
Old 05-07-2017, 03:45 AM
changster123
Racer

Received 92 Likes on 52 Posts

Man I can't wait for my Tractive RTx's to arrive.

Great service from Tom like always.

Quick Reply: Tractive + DSC installed