Notices

Enclosed Trailer Question

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2017, 11:49 PM
F1CrazyDriver
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by fosbibr
Very nice trailer. You selling it? how much ?
Thank you. Undecided. First, I'll ask my siblings if they have any use for it.

3 items on to do list for this weekend:

1) Got E-track in, will measure everything against factory vehicle dimension sheet to place e-track correctly for any 997 models to tie down wheels, with no lateral strain. E- track perfect length for not getting in the way of the tire changer railing system.

2) Install gooseneck trailer extender, therefore i won't hit the cabin of the truck.

3) Lastly, does anyone happen to have factory information of how far offset the front tow hook is from the center of the vehicle ? Therefore i can place the winch perfectly straight line to the factory tow hook ? You would save me an hour of measuring. Much appreciate.
Attached Images   
Old 05-05-2017, 06:22 PM
F1CrazyDriver
Drifting

Small update, i was going to order a pitpal door ramp 72" however co-worker reminded me that i have an aluminum welder contact *duh* therefore last night i got SW fired up and started making the support frame for the aluminum sheet metal ramp. I'm getting a quote - hopefully more economical then $1200 from pitpal. I'll be placing 8 of these supports. At 4929 grams each. This ramp is designed at 78" length as well.
Attached Images  
Old 05-09-2017, 02:23 PM
F1CrazyDriver
Drifting

Small update.
Etrack is in place however not fully secured as i need to engineer a proper way to bolt down etrack that can support the gt. Inside measurements of etrack are laid 1486mm apart.

Inserted the gooseneck coupler. received my winch box matching my floor, had the corners sand down and Anodized Type III, therefore it's all weather ready. Sadly i may not even enjoy the trailer for all the effort and detail i have put into it.

p.s. tow hook is 609 mm from passenger front wheel to, center of tow hook, according to my measurements.
Attached Images       
Old 05-09-2017, 06:25 PM
entityx
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Buy a cup so you can use it for laguna club race
Old 05-10-2017, 03:56 AM
VID997
Rennlist Member

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Enrique, just stumbled upon this image....you had just landed from visiting your fiancé in Japan....you showed up in dress shoes....period....yet you still drove at the limit! I'm sure you will be back to the Bay Area at some point. Be sure to keep in touch.

03/25/2011
Old 05-12-2017, 01:05 AM
F1CrazyDriver
Drifting

Originally Posted by entityx
Buy a cup so you can use it for laguna club race
aren't you right. can i buy one use it for 2 events and sell it quickly ? i have till december

Originally Posted by VID997

Enrique, just stumbled upon this image....you had just landed from visiting your fiancé in Japan....you showed up in dress shoes....period....yet you still drove at the limit! I'm sure you will be back to the Bay Area at some point. Be sure to keep in touch.

03/25/2011

that was a great day. of course we will keep in touch. awesome photos as usual Daren. Mike tells me you're building a killer car - i hope to see it ! When will it be ready ?

I got another goodie in the mail. Yes i know all these parts yet i might sell the trailer. A friend last night over dinner put very plain. It's like buying baby toys knowingly that i'm going to get an abortion. Makes no sense.

I got this to keep a log of the miles to maintain the trailer according to the service intervals. It's set at 24 miles as that is the distance i have driven the trailer myself from new.

Next is a print i'll be printing for guidelines on cutting for winchbox on floor. I only have 1 shot, therefore i need to be near perfect when cutting the floor.
Attached Images   
Old 06-05-2017, 09:27 PM
F1CrazyDriver
Drifting

Here's a further update. I had a chance to take the trailer to mooty's private day this past week. Learned a few things i need to work on to make life easier at the track. Thanks to 24Chromium, he lend me his ramps and now i know which ones to get. At first i did not have in mind going with those however it appears i have no option thanks to my front spliter. I have ordered some more parts - to give it some "touches" from what i learned, will keep you posted as i install...

I started to cut the floor and realize i should take a picture of the template i taped on the floor for my reference to document, oh well, therefore you only see a portion of the template. Winch lined up perfect to tow hook. Left it on while transporting.

As for the etrack - i layed down ~250 1/4, stainless steel screws and ~100 machine screws, with the underside putting a etrack plate in order to give it more strength. All stainless hardware, with secure tampering bolts, just in case some malice child , kidding i did it therefore it has a smooth bolt head vs. a hex that would hurt if you tripped and fell hitting a screw head.
Attached Images               
Old 06-23-2017, 12:14 AM
ngng
Drifting

Received 301 Likes on 182 Posts

do you recall how far your etrack is spaced?
Old 06-23-2017, 02:05 AM
F1CrazyDriver
Drifting

Originally Posted by ngng
I have the blue prints in the trailer, i'll get you measurements w/ pictures.
Completed this portion of the project a last weeks.

Essentially i can switch between shore/solar panels / generators w/ out having to leave the inside of the trailer. I did this therefore i don't have to get out a 30lb shore cable to connect to the front of the trailer to generators or roof solar panels. No solar panels installed however already prep for when they become very affordable.
Attached Images    
Old 06-27-2017, 12:11 AM
F1CrazyDriver
Drifting

Measuring inside of opposite side e-track 58 3/8 or 1482mm.
I must of not done a good job as i was aiming for 1480.
Attached Images  
Old 06-27-2017, 05:41 PM
ngng
Drifting

Originally Posted by F1CrazyDriver
Measuring inside of opposite side e-track 58 3/8 or 1482mm.
I must of not done a good job as i was aiming for 1480.
thanks! lol. close enough for government work

I ask because I'm trying to figure out how to tie my car down. Was hoping to use the over the wheel straps with a roller but my track is 48" from center to center. I might be able to grab the front tires...but it sounds like I'll end up using 6k# d-rings in the track to secure the Porsche.

Name:  Q2THlYp.png
Views: 37
Size:  172.3 KB
Old 06-27-2017, 11:43 PM
F1CrazyDriver
Drifting

thanks! lol. close enough for government work

I ask because I'm trying to figure out how to tie my car down. Was hoping to use the over the wheel straps with a roller but my track is 48" from center to center. I might be able to grab the front tires...but it sounds like I'll end up using 6k# d-rings in the track to secure the Porsche.

Wheel strap is great, if you can do wheel over straps- i suggest it from my personal experience vs. using d rings. D rings are okay - just feel more comfortable over the wheel, personally. If you can do front, you should be able to do rear.

Get winch mounted directly to front tow hook. Made it super easy loading/unloading from my one experience thus far.

If you can, my suggestion is to get 2 or 3 top vents.
1 in the goose-neck area, another were currently in blue print, 3rd further back.
It gets hot at thill.

Door step, get it automated. In/out w/ switch if you can.

Generator area, ask for doors access from inside as well. I did mine that way, great thing i did.
Old 07-12-2017, 02:55 AM
ngng
Drifting

did you buy that hubometer programmed or do you have a programmer? i would like to add one to my trailer
Old 07-13-2017, 07:29 PM
F1CrazyDriver
Drifting

did you buy that hubometer programmed or do you have a programmer? i would like to add one to my trailer
utility-trailer.com

they will program to miles currently on trailer , configure to the size of the tire you're using. I drove from my shop to thill and back, I googled miles and it was exactly on the mark + miles I had configured .

pretty awesome for having a maintenance record.
Old 07-14-2017, 03:52 PM
ngng
Drifting

thanks for the link

btw, i found the pn for the trans fill plug i mentioned
Name:  5iXIqEr.jpg
Views: 38
Size:  282.4 KB

Quick Reply: Enclosed Trailer Question