FYI: Ross Bentley & RSR Ring trip 5/30-31

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2017, 11:52 AM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Received 3,423 Likes on 2,237 Posts
Default FYI: Ross Bentley & RSR Ring trip 5/30-31

Hi Laurence,

If you’ve always dreamt of driving the Nurburgring, here’s your chance to fulfill that dream. I’m working with Ron Simons and his team at RSRNurburg (www.rsrnurburg.com) to take 15 to 20 “serious, but fun” drivers to Germany for two days of driving the famous Nordschleife circuit on May 30-31, 2017.

To get a glimpse of what you would be in for, check out this video:
. In June 2016, we took 15 people to the Nurburgring, and to say that it was a fantastic trip would be an understatement! Three of the drivers who went with us are interviewed in this video - real-life testimonials!

What does the trip look like?
Two days of driving the Nordschleife, with a limited number of other drivers sharing the track. In other words, this is not one of those crazy open “touristenfahrten” days where you’re on track with tour buses and superbikes! No, the circuit will not be open to the general public.
The circuit will be open from 8am to 4:30pm, and you can come and go on track all day - there are enough laps included in your base package to keep you happy. However, you can always add laps to the package at a price-per-lap.
Private 1-on-1 (or shared) instruction from RSR’s instructors is available. I would highly recommend you take advantage of this sometime while you're on track.
I will be there to provide guidance and coaching throughout the days (and evenings). In fact, prior to the days on track, I’ll conduct a mini-workshop on how to approach your “drive of a lifetime.” Also, we’ll provide resources, advice and guidance in the months leading up to the trip, so you'll feel as well-prepared as possible. My personal goal is to help you learn as much about the Ring as you can, and have the time of your life.
Your choice of car from RSR’s fleet (on a first-come, first-served basis). The “default” car/plan is a Renault Megan RS (275hp FWD car) on a shared basis with one other driver. This is the car I drove this past year, and I can tell you that it’s a blast to drive! Or you can choose from BMWs, Lotus Exiges, Nissan GTR, or Porsches. As you would expect, the costs go up for those. Also, you can choose to share a car with a friend to keep your costs down.
You’ll be responsible for your own travel arrangements to and from the Nurburgring, but while you're there all costs will be included in your package. The RSR team will coordinate and include your accommodations.
Group dinners. I can tell you that this was one of the highlights of last year’s trip - great food, great conversation, great wine, great experience...
The cost for this trip will be in the USD$5,000 to $10,000 range (including everything between arrival at the Nurburgring and departure), depending on your hotel needs, the car you choose, whether or not you have an instructor, whether you share the car and instructor with another driver, the amount of driving on the circuit you do, and the Euro-Dollar exchange rate. In other words, your package will be tailored to you, by you and the RSR team. Your personal expenses, such as air travel, rental car, food and accommodations before and after your time at the Nurburgring will be extra.

Currently, the Euro-Dollar exchange is favorable for us, so the earlier your package is put together and paid for, the better.

If you’re interested, please send me an email at info@speedsecrets.com. By “interested,” I mean:
You’re able and willing to pay a deposit to RSRNurburg of $2,000 by January 15th and the balance by May 1st. (I wish we could have given more notice but the dates were just released)
You feel that you’re qualified to take on the Nordschleife (knowing that you’ll have time to prepare and can have instruction at the circuit).
You’re a fun, enthusiastic person who wants - and has the time - to experience the drive of a lifetime!
A maximum of 20 people will be able to go on this trip, and I'll send anyone who is interested directly to Ron at RSR so he can work with you to put your program together.

This is not a trip for everyone. But for those of you who commit to doing this, it’ll be something you never forget!

Ross
Nurburgring: A Drive of a Lifetime

PO Box 25685
Federal Way WA 98093
USA

Quick Reply: FYI: Ross Bentley & RSR Ring trip 5/30-31