Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Need help diagnosing fault code

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2016, 05:05 PM
MJFDDS
Rennlist Member

Received 38 Likes on 23 Posts
Default Need help diagnosing fault code

Recently did pinning of coolant lines. Shortly after CEL came on and Durametric showing the attached fault: secondary air injection system insufficient flow bank 1 value below lower limit. It's also intermittent. I have cleared it twice and it won't return for a few drives then gets tripped again all of the sudden. Anybody have any insight?
Old 12-30-2016, 05:26 PM
neanicu
Nordschleife Master

Received 339 Likes on 208 Posts

Who did the coolant lines pinning? I'd go back to them so they can check their work. AFAIK,the engine needs to come out for this work and a lot of stuff gets disconnected in order for that to happen.
The fault code is related to the electrical air pump that comes on when you start the car cold. It sends air directly into the exhaust for a fast warm up of the catalytic converters. It takes a few drive cycles for the computer to see a problem because it's only suppose to come on when the car is stone cold.
Insufficient flow might be related to an air leak in one of the lines.
Once again,since it came on after the major work that has been done,it is very likely it's been caused by it.
Old 12-30-2016, 05:26 PM
Spyerx
Rennlist Member

Received 1,730 Likes on 1,058 Posts

There is a pump on the engine, top side near intakes in back that looks like a black cap. That's the air injection that runs on cold start. You can (I think ?) run this with the durametric. Have you checked it is running / runs?

Its possible it was left disconnected... or??
Old 12-30-2016, 05:57 PM
MJFDDS
Rennlist Member

Received 38 Likes on 23 Posts

I did the pinning myself. I don't have the pro version of the Durametric so I don't think I can run the pump. I checked everything that I disconnected but have not checked if the pump is running on cold starts. I will check everything again to see if something got knocked loose. Is there an easy way to see if the pump is running without turning it in via Durametric or PIWIS?

Quick Reply: Need help diagnosing fault code