Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

My dealings with Kendall Porsche of Bend, OR

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2016, 07:20 PM
bmwtye
Rennlist Member

Received 127 Likes on 81 Posts

I was gonna say you need to deal with the GM or someone higher up than just the sales manager. But looks like you got things resolved.
Old 11-29-2016, 09:27 PM
Hothonda
Burning Brakes

Received 34 Likes on 17 Posts

Way to give them a wake up call......Kendall has a lot of other franchises in the NW that unfavorable reviews can affect.

In addition to Porsche - Audi Bend, BMW Bend, Kendall Acura, Kendall Chev Cadillac, Kendall Ford, Honda, Lexus, Mercedes, Toyota, Subaru....etc etc
Old 11-29-2016, 09:38 PM
FastAlpine
Rennlist Member

Received 317 Likes on 109 Posts

Yeah, I think they are very concerned with their internet PR so anything negative said about them gets taken very seriously. I know they are good people and not trying to screw me or anyone else over.
Old 11-30-2016, 04:25 AM
hillsdonsmith
Pro

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts

...and how are they good people?? They lied or at the v least bullsh***ed you, gave you attitude and only capitulated to save their internet rep, not out of any ethical concern for you as a customer.

PPI every time, paint meter. When I bought my RS from Porsche Oakville, they documented on invoice that they guaranteed the car had not been repainted & did compression test n/c at my request and while they wd not allow car off lot for Indy inspection, they allowed my Indy to go there and use hoist for few hours. Class act. THAT is a dealer I would use again.

Anyhoo, it's the deceit that was the issue - the car sounds awesome!! Enjoy!
Old 11-30-2016, 08:17 AM
FastAlpine
Rennlist Member

Just trying to give the benefit of the doubt. Never will I do a transaction like this again without bringing in a 3rd party to put eyes on the car.
Old 11-30-2016, 11:49 AM
Quadcammer
Race Director

Received 1,381 Likes on 800 Posts

what a bunch of bull ****ters. You try to trade a car in to them, you better believe they will paint meter it and ding you for a panel repaint (bumpers excluded). When they sell it though, oh, no worries. either they lie or they tell you its no big deal.

Dealers suck!
Old 11-30-2016, 12:18 PM
eddielasvegas
Pro

Received 28 Likes on 18 Posts

You sir, are much too benevolent. Anybody at any dealership would sell their mother to make a sale. This is what you experienced. They knew exactly what was going on with the car.

Glad it all worked out.

Eddie

Originally Posted by FastAlpine
Just trying to give the benefit of the doubt. Never will I do a transaction like this again without bringing in a 3rd party to put eyes on the car.
Old 11-30-2016, 02:58 PM
zdet
Rennlist Member

Received 109 Likes on 66 Posts

FastAlpine, I feel your pain having gone through a very similar situation earlier this year with a 2007 GT3 (34k miles), which I purchased with similar, adamant "no paint, no stories" written representations from a dealer. Clean CarFax and I had a PPI and DME report in hand prior to purchasing, but upon receiving the car I got suspicious when I noticed the tire pressure sticker was not in the driver's door jamb. I tracked down the prior owner using an address that was left in the navigation system. Turns out the car had paint. The prior owner, an active PCA driver/instructor lost the rear end in the rain at a track event a number of years ago and damaged the driver's side rear quarter panel (he wrote about the minor incident in a Total 911 article). A Porsche-certified shop did the repairs--rather than pulling the dent/using filler, they replaced the entire quarter panel. It looks perfect, but, given that I bargained for something different, I was pissed. Dealer did nothing for me. Live and learn.

The upside is that through my contact with the prior owner, I was able to obtain a full complement of service records, which revealed that the cooling lines had been welded, it has a Cup differential and some other goodies, and that it had been very-well maintained, which, in the aggregate, arguably offset the difference in value caused by the paint work.

I bought this car to enjoy it, so enjoy it I shall. The experience (and specifically the deceit) has soured my experience a bit, but I've learned from it and have, mostly, moved on. Sorry to hear that I’m not alone.
Old 11-30-2016, 03:10 PM
FastAlpine
Rennlist Member

Geez, that sounds so much like my story. I totally agree about moving on and enjoying the car and learning. I am getting a little bit of money back and happy to hear you learned your car has a few more things done to it maintenance wise to help cool you off a little after finding out about the damage. I love the GT3 I purchased and will continue to for years to come.
Old 11-30-2016, 04:24 PM
bogey1
Rennlist Member

Received 220 Likes on 111 Posts

Try to get the documentation of the "incident" and a copy of the repair/repaint receipt fryer records. I would guess your value has not been seriously diminished if the original fender is on there and the paint work was done well. If its a poor paint job, have it done right.
Old 11-30-2016, 04:26 PM
FastAlpine
Rennlist Member

That is a good idea, I will chat with the previous owner who had the work done and see if I can get documentation of everything.
Old 11-30-2016, 06:38 PM
Speedster911
Rennlist Member

Received 109 Likes on 60 Posts

Glad it worked out for you- hate hearing stories like this but I hope you have many years and miles of enjoyment
Old 12-01-2016, 02:16 PM
993Brendan
Drifting

Received 59 Likes on 19 Posts

Glad it worked out. I bought both my 911s sight unseen but from RL members and only after a PPI. Trust but verify...

...now enjoy the car. Painted fender isn't the end of the world.
Old 12-02-2016, 12:22 PM
CosmosMpower
Drifting

Received 53 Likes on 39 Posts

I understand both sides on one hand it is nearly a 10 year old car with 33k miles on it. On the other hand they were lazy and didn't do what you asked and then lied. I would probably just move on if the rest of the car is good and you like it but I'm glad you're getting some money back. I don't think a quality repaint on the original fender for a minor scuff will hurt the value too bad. PDR doesn't do well on some rounded surfaces.
Old 12-02-2016, 12:29 PM
FastAlpine
Rennlist Member

Right, but just because it is 10 years old with 33k miles doesn't mean it is bound to have paintwork and if it happens to have it, oh well that is OK because after all it is IS 10 years old.

I sold my 21 year old 130k mile M3 with 0 paintwork.

Quick Reply: My dealings with Kendall Porsche of Bend, OR